[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Iran-Iraq war
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 14
File: images.duckduckgo.com.jpg (133 KB, 1000x758) Image search: [Google]
images.duckduckgo.com.jpg
133 KB, 1000x758
Redpill me on this war /his/. Would Iraq still be considered the bad guys if they didn't break the geneva convention and used chemical weapons?

posting some random images
>>
>>337331
>Redpill me
Stop using this stupid phrease.
>>
File: images.duckduckgo.com.jpg (112 KB, 600x408) Image search: [Google]
112 KB, 600x408
>>
>>337331
Iraq was totally, and entirely the bad guys.

They bombed civilians and used chemical weapons - there is no 'if'.
>>
File: images.duckduckgo.com.jpg (32 KB, 373x432) Image search: [Google]
32 KB, 373x432
>>
>>337331
Considering they started a war of aggression, well, yeah. If there's a bad guy is Iraq. Sadam and co., to be more exact and fair.
>>
File: images.duckduckgo.com.jpg (14 KB, 300x340) Image search: [Google]
14 KB, 300x340
"I must unify the kebabs under one flag" -Sadam
>>
>>337346
>redpill me familia
>if germany didn't hypermilitarize, murder political dissidents and racial unwantables, break treaties, and start a war of aggression would they be the bad guys?
>>
File: images.duckduckgo.com.jpg (108 KB, 780x520) Image search: [Google]
108 KB, 780x520
>>
File: pix2_102214.jpg (78 KB, 768x528) Image search: [Google]
pix2_102214.jpg
78 KB, 768x528
>>337357
>france dindu nothan
>germany wasn't prioritizing it's reparations during it's depression!
>the protesters were standing in the way of the police
>>
>>337375
>Germany started two world wars but it's a-ok France was a bad bully
>>
File: 11.jpg (44 KB, 388x575) Image search: [Google]
11.jpg
44 KB, 388x575
>>
File: 20_iran_iraq_war.jpg (30 KB, 560x419) Image search: [Google]
20_iran_iraq_war.jpg
30 KB, 560x419
>>
File: 32Sadat.jpg (128 KB, 500x298) Image search: [Google]
32Sadat.jpg
128 KB, 500x298
think this is iran-iraq
>>
File: iranian_troops3.jpg (29 KB, 300x380) Image search: [Google]
iranian_troops3.jpg
29 KB, 300x380
>>
>>337331
This is the single most metal war after WWI. The international sanctions led to some schizoidal tech levels all around, like attack helicopters making kamikaze runs because they couldn't afford to arm them with rockets.

I even heard that the Iranians during their human wave attacks would have guys dressed as Husayn ibn Ali riding on horseback along the attackers, making them believe they were re-living the battle of Karbala.
>>
>>337445
>I even heard that the Iranians during their human wave attacks would have guys dressed as Husayn ibn Ali riding on horseback along the attackers, making them believe they were re-living the battle of Karbala.

that's p fucking metal if it is real.
>>
>>337445
Don't forget Iranian motorcycle cavalry units and speedboat assaults.

The Iraqi defenses were insane, though. Look at Basra. Multiple lines of fortifications and fieldworks, behind an artificial lake and swamp filled with mines and barbed wire. And parts of the swamp were electrified. And they were dumping gas on the attacking Iranians.

And the Iranians nearly broke through.

The fact the Iranians managed to do that, with most of their forces being poorly armed fanatics (Basij) and paramilitaries (Revolutionary Guard), with a limited regular army, just shows how bad the Iraqis were at war.
>>
>>337331
>redpill

Get the fuck out.
>>
>>338307
Electrified swamps???
>>
>>338337
Yep.

http://articles.latimes.com/1990-08-14/news/wr-831_1_saddam-hussein
>>
>>338358
Jesus fuck:

>"You wait until nighttime, and you will see how we are killing these Iranian dogs," an Iraqi officer said with a broad grin. "We are frying them like eggplants."

>He then took us on a tour of dozens of thick electrical cables his troops had lain through the marshy battlefield, a spaghetti network that snaked in and out of the patchwork of lagoons. He showed us the mammoth electric generators that fed the exposed power lines from positions just behind the Iraqi front lines. And, when the Iranian Revolutionary Guards made their regular evening advance, the officer and his men demonstrated the macabre genius of their invention.

>Iraqi gun batteries fired just enough artillery to force the Revolutionary Guards from their marsh boats, and, when hundreds of them had been forced to continue their advance through the lagoons on foot, the men manning the Iraqi generators flipped a few switches and sent thousands of volts of electricity surging through the marshland.

>Within seconds, hundreds of Iranians were electrocuted.
>>
>>338370
impressive.
fucked up
but impressive.
>>
>>338370
>There were three of us that day, journalists from the United States, Britain and Canada, traveling by civilian bus on an unauthorized trip from the capital of Baghdad to the southernmost war-front city of Basra. Every 20 or 30 miles, our bus was stopped at military checkpoints. At first, we were afraid for ourselves. We were traveling out of Baghdad without permission. But, each time, the soldiers who boarded the bus approached us only with genuine smiles and awkward greetings in broken English. And each time, they left the bus with several young men in civilian clothes.

>Finally, at a checkpoint near Basra, we learned all too clearly the purpose of the searches.

>A young man who had been pulled off the bus by the troops turned suddenly from the checkpoint and started running from the soldiers. As we watched through the bus window, three of the soldiers calmly knelt, took aim and shot him several times in the back.

>Noting the horror in our eyes, an elderly passenger sitting nearby turned to us, brushed the air with her hand, as if swatting away a fly, and said, "Deserter."
>>
>>338358
>>338370
>>338337
the "roads" the build with the corpses. Jesus fuck. That is just fucking sick.
>>
>>337334
It's an instant way to know what threads/posts you can ignore at least.
>>
>>338408
papa 'dam always did have the best policies.
allahu akhbar
>>
"It's a shame they can't both lose."
>>
Is it not ironic that people who use the word redpill claim that being redpilled means being told the truth, when in reality, it's being told what you really want to hear
>>
Everybody who isn't complaining about the use of a meme is providing interesting information that's completely on topic. Interesting.
>>
>>338525
It's a really interesting topic.

http://fmso.leavenworth.army.mil/documents/PF-Iran-Iraq.pdf
>>
Isn't it amazing that even with this war, Saddam Hussein was STILL the best thing to ever happen to the Middle East?
>>
>>338594
>implying
Nasser was.
>>
>>337331

Israel was involved in the Iran-Iraq war. I have it on very good authority that there were Mossad agents in Tehran probing the extent to which the Iranians were willing to keep fighting once they were pushing on into Iraq and started taking heavier losses.
>>
>>338636
>there were Mossad agents in Tehran probing the extent to which the Iranians were willing to keep fighting once they were pushing on into Iraq and started taking heavier losses.
That's not what what you'd call involvement in the war by any standard, just the most standard kind of intelligence business.
>>
>>338370
Madness... madness
>>
>>338636

Honestly, I would be surprised if the Israelis were the only people doing that.
>>
>>337356
"I must unify the Persian peoples under one cloud of gas"- Sadam
>>
>>337343
I want Persians to leave
>>
>>339540
I want Muslims to keep their shit to their corners of the globe.
>>
>>337343
Yeah, while Iran was ready to send millions of children to their death as human minesweepers.
>>
>>339558
Sorry for not positing a trigger warning, m8
>>
>>339624
Persians were the best thing to happen to your religion. Get over it.
>>
So Saddam even gassed & bombed his own citizens. He waged war against the Kurds, and everytime they gained momentum he'd sue for a ceasefire, build up troops, then cancel all negotiations and backstab them again. These same Kurds got bombed by the Iranians as well.
Never forget the Anfal campaign. He destroyed 1000s of villages, burned forests, destroyed wildlife and agriculture. And ofcourse the mass graves, at least 200.000 documented dead Kurds, and a lot of dissapeared or jailed ones. Saddam was insane.
>>
>>339626
Calm down, Azad, we're just meming around.
>>
File: i will have waaghr.jpg (38 KB, 388x304) Image search: [Google]
i will have waaghr.jpg
38 KB, 388x304
>all this support for Iraq
>still it ended in a stalemate and only because Iraq resorted to WMD's if a ceasefire wasnt met
Are arabs really this bad when it comes to modern warfare?

Atleast during the Six-day war they had the excuse of fighting a Israel supported by the US but this was pretty much the opposite.
>>
>>339661
Sadam was literally worse than Hitler when it came to forcing his generals into making the wrong decisions
>>
>>339654
I was trying to see if you're the Muslim I'm arguing with in another thread
>>
File: ss-140512-05-Iran-Iraq-War-1980.jpg (4 MB, 2500x1639) Image search: [Google]
ss-140512-05-Iran-Iraq-War-1980.jpg
4 MB, 2500x1639
>>
>>339740
Tbh achee, I am a Muslim but this is the only thread I've been shitposting in all day, word is bond
>>
File: 1985Iraqitank.jpg (27 KB, 640x440) Image search: [Google]
1985Iraqitank.jpg
27 KB, 640x440
>>
>>339783
I didn't realize you guys were so numerous here.
>>
>>339791
Its the only place they can seek refugee from /pol/
>>
>>339803
Soon the mods will enforce sharia law and it will all be over.
>>
>>339791
Our only achievements are hundreds of years in the past, so naturally we enjoy it here
>>
>>338476
They did both lose desu senpai
>>
>>339832
11/10 bantz
>>
>people use wmd on civilians for no reason

hm
>>
>>339540
>>339558
Reminder that the middle east still has 20 years of relevance in terms of oil money.

Abu dubai has entered the global market in an attempt to diversify form oil and others have followed, which is nice.
>>
>>339661
>N.Korea and the soviets fought against eachother
top fucking kek, why?
>>
>>337331
Oh my god the guy on the far left
>>
>>337343
It was the Kurds getting attacked with chem weapons right?

Thank god we invaded and
now the Kurds are able to live in peace!
>>
>>340962
>Soviets and Americans on the same side

This truly was a strange war
>>
>>337396
That looks like the assassination of Sadat
>>
>>339661
>Atleast during the Six-day war they had the excuse of fighting a Israel supported by the US

The Arabs had stronger Soviet backing than Israel did from the West/US.
>>
>>337445
>This is the single most metal war after WWI.
well put m8
Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 14

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.