[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
red pill me on kissinger
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2
File: kissinger.jpg (13 KB, 162x227) Image search: [Google]
kissinger.jpg
13 KB, 162x227
red pill me on kissinger
>>
>>334756
he was an idealist :^)
>>
>>334756
Literally worse than Hitler
>>
A master of realpolitik.
>>
Fuck off with your le red pill

Kissinger was a war criminal, simple as that
>>
>>>/pol/
>>
Americans hate him because he's intelligent and realistic, too European for them. They prefer fake idealistic neocon hacks.

Similar reason why they hate Nixon, America's last good president.
>>
>>334756
He will go down as one of the great statesmen of history, alongside Richelieu, Disraeli and all the others.

Lefties hate him, because lefties are moronic children, but honestly who cares.
>>
In 1968 he and Nixon derailed negotiations between the US and North Vietnam. The deal would have been: US would get back all POWs and withdraw from Vietnam. While the North would recognize the South.
These are the exact same terms the United States under Kissinger and Nixon accepted in '73! Needlessly dragging on the war for another five years and costing another 32,000 American lives.
>>
War criminal, just like Bill Clinton, Bush/Cheney and Obama/Hillary

Notice a pattern here?
>>
>>334756
War criminal, if you believe some accounts
>>
>>336414
What crimes did he commit?
>>
>>336932
Why? Were there genuine reasons for the derailing?
>>
>>337021
initiated the bombing of cambodia and him and nixon had a hand in overthrowing pinochet. while you can argue both were necessary (inbf pinochet fags and that pic juxtaposed with guy thrown out of helecopter) they led to a lot of suffering, especially the cambodia bombings. otherwise, kissinger isn't that spectacular in my opinion. for all his talk of realpolitik, the only big accomplishment he had was opening of china (which china also wanted, it wasn't a unilateral decision), and maybe more personal achievement in accomplishing a settlement of the arab-israeli conflict by brining israel and egypt to the negotiating table.
>>
>>337034
>supporting a dictator is a war crime

I don't follow
>>
>>337038
the guy didn't say warcrimes senpai, he said "crimes," though admittedly the person he was responding to said "warcrimes," but i didn't see that till now.
>>
>>336423
>too European
what do you mean?
>>
>>337073
Not a retard.
>>
>>336951
>Cheney
>War criminal

Isn't he one of the most charitable people on earth?
>>
>>336423
If it wasn't for Watergate people would remember Nixon as one of the greatest presidents of all time, certainly in recent history
>>
>>336414
>warcriminal

This term has been so overused as to have drained any meaning from it.

Kissinger was a brilliant diplomat with an exemplary record:

• Brokered the opening of China
• Prevented the Yom Kippur war from turning into a Superpower confrontation
•Prevented a right-wing revolt in the US while exiting Viet Nam
• Presided over a period of detente with the Soviet Union
• Laid the foundations for the Egypt/Israel peace treaty

Baby Boomer liberals hate him because of Viet Nam and Cambodia. Some of that stuff was awful. But he did more than anyone else in the 70s to advance American interests, even if you don't agree with those interests.

His career after being Secretary of State isn't that great, with a lot of self-serving book writing, partisan hatchet jobs, and shady business deals. But whatever
>>
Massive Sinophile. Derided the Japanese as "Sony salesmen" and didn't give a fuck about informing them of Nixon's opening of ties
>>
>>337026
It was a political stunt to make LBJ administration to look bad and weak. Nixon was then running against LBJ's VP Hubert Humphrey. This was a longtime conspiracy proven true in 2008 when LBJ's personal tapes were declassified.
>>
>>337115
a lot of conservatives give to charity as a symbolic argument against "muh welfare" "muh big government"

also your being an idiot saying that giving to charity somehow exonerates him from his other past actions
>>
>>337115
Starting wars on fake intel,and murdering innocents as a way to insure that a company worked for stays profitable, is criminal in my eyes
>>
>>337115
>Believing in bourgeois charity
>>
>>334756
He had nicer legs than Hitler and bigger tits than Cher
>>
>>336932
because the north vietnamese were so trustworthy. right?
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.