[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Unit 731 and Japanese war crimes
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 9
File: unit731.jpg (132 KB, 1024x537) Image search: [Google]
unit731.jpg
132 KB, 1024x537
>Japanese "people"
>not subhumans

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YdM3_kzhscM

Should have dropped more nukes IMO.
>>
I'm Chinese and I'm out of hecks to give. Japs were barbaric retards back then, but they sure aren't now. No use in harping on them when they're basically a pacified bitch vassal of the United States of America.

Although the perception of the war in Japan really boils down to comfort women and Hiroshima/Nagasaki. They really have no idea of what went down in China, SE Asia, or the Pacific. To them, they were freeing Asia from the evil white imperialist.
>>
>>332413
m-muh Greater East Asia Co-Prosperity Sphere
>>
>>332413
>I'm Chinese
I believe some kind of validation is required
>>
>>332366
People's republic of china please go, japaneses did nothing wrong
>>
>>332420
The only problem with that idea was trying to reconcile Japanese emulation of Western imperialism with a deep desire to be free of the West. It was absurdly hypocritical, but also reflective of the times.

>>332430
What kind of validation would you need, friend?
>>
>>332449
photo of a passport or whatever
>>
>>332449
Post PRC passport.
If you're diaspora you can go fuck yourself.
>>
File: 1412039278801.gif (1 MB, 320x287) Image search: [Google]
1412039278801.gif
1 MB, 320x287
>>332366
>subhumans
>>
File: .brit.jpg (121 KB, 1000x637) Image search: [Google]
.brit.jpg
121 KB, 1000x637
>British "people"
>not subhumans

Islamisation and eradication of the White Brit can't come soon enough IMO.
>>
File: lctdxxd.jpg (37 KB, 600x342) Image search: [Google]
lctdxxd.jpg
37 KB, 600x342
>>332413
>Chinese >complaining about japanese
You were supposed to predicate your philosophy! Not leave it in darkness!
You turned from one of the best civilizations ever into the worst capitalist trash that have ever existed. What happened? Eastern societies have sold their asses to be part of Western civilization. I can't stand it. Now what do you have to say for yourself China man?
>>
>>332599
>le vikings were way kewl what happened meme
>>
>>332599
Living in medieval china got comparatively too comfy and they became degenerate and stopped innovating
>>
>>332609
>degenerate
meme criticism tbqh
>>
>>332608
>implying
>implying
>implying implications

I'm not attacking a culture to defend another. I'm legitimately asking what happen. Do you care to answer my original question?
>>
File: Atomic_bombing_of_Japan.jpg (2 MB, 4918x2918) Image search: [Google]
Atomic_bombing_of_Japan.jpg
2 MB, 4918x2918
>>332366
>Anglos and their offspring
>not subhumans
Daily reminder that Japan wouldn't have gone crazy if their view of colonialism wasn't based off of their experiences with the US and UK.
>>
>>332630
>he is still derailing the question
>>
>>332467
>>332471
>going through all that trouble to please neckbeards on 4chan

Please, also I am diaspora. Came to the US when I was 7 years old.

>>332599
It was either completely get fucked in the ass by Westerners 24/7 or Westernize as quickly as possible. Japan had the right idea and the willpower to Westernize.

If you want to blame anyone, blame the imperialists for forcing this situation on the Far Eastern nations.
>>
File: pos.jpg (45 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
pos.jpg
45 KB, 600x450
>>332637
> It was either completely get fucked in the ass by Westerners 24/7 or Westernize as quickly as possible. Japan had the right idea and the willpower to Westernize.

If you want to blame anyone, blame the imperialists for forcing this situation on the Far Eastern nations.

I understand, but that statement makes Eastern Philosophy a bad joke (and I like eastern Philosophy). I also understand it was an act of self preservation, but you could also have died like the last samurai!
Memes aside, is your situation irredeemable? Is The great Tao coming back anytime soon?
>>
>>332631
It was a very cringeworthy and /int/ tier post, but I'll indulge you.

Qing China was a victim of peace and prosperity. When Marx was bunging on about Asiatic Despotism China had only recently been outproduced by Europe, they didn't have any pressing need to industrialise.

You might argue that defeats in Indochina in the 18th century should have been impetus to reform; but the percussion cap, a technology partially equipped by British units, was still very fresh at the point of the first opium blowout, so Qing policy would have had to have changed beforehand and they simply did not see the wolves circling, or critically underestimated them. It is hard to see how they could have recovered after the first sucker punch, when each time they staggered up there was another swift kick to the stomach.
>>
>>332979
>should have been impetus to reform militarily*
should have proofread
>>
>>332979
Qing China was the epitome of "jing di zi wa". I'm not sure if there was a more cloistered mindset in all of chinese history. I guess it makes sense when you consider that the high water marks of chinese empires were achieved by Han peoples.

Yuan dynasty lasted like a hundred and something years. Qing dynasty saw china btfo harder than even the Ottoman empire.
>>
>>332366
http://www.hellodamage.com/top/2011/09/13/japan-book-review-12-absolute-erotic-absolute-grotesque-by-mark-driscoll/

Mandatory reading.

I'm going to buy the book.
>>
File: 张天师.jpg (1 MB, 1858x3447) Image search: [Google]
张天师.jpg
1 MB, 1858x3447
>>332662
FOR

YOU

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/11/07/magazine/07religion-t.html?_r=0

But the problem is that Christianity and Islam is also on the rise in China
>>
>>332637
Why are Asians such massive ' muh heritage ' fags?
>>
>>333493
>But the problem is that Christianity and Islam is also on the rise in China

Very interesting. source?
>>
>>333528
http://www.catholicnewsagency.com/news/why-is-christianity-growing-so-quickly-in-mainland-china-57545/
>>
>>333519
>Why are Asians such massive ' muh heritage ' fags?

Because white Americans keep bothering them about it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DWynJkN5HbQ
>>
>>333493
O P I U M
P
I
U
M
>>
>>332366
Ignore /pol/. The Japanese of the 1940's were pieces of shit.
>>
>>333211

Manchu fucking shits ruined everything, Han people ruined everything even harder by being complacent and actually fighting for the Manchu at every opportunity, and Dr. Sun ruined everything forever by fucking dying.
>>
>>332599
>not realizing Dengism, though on the surface nihilistic, was the appropriate materialist approach, planting the orthodox Marxist seed into the industrial and cultural soil tilled by Maoist revolution
>not realizing that the long wait is closing and the harvest is upon us

Soon, anon.
>>
File: xi-jinping-39.jpg (91 KB, 1200x900) Image search: [Google]
xi-jinping-39.jpg
91 KB, 1200x900
>>333777
Pic related
>>
All sides committed atrocities.

The Japanese renounced any gains from their empire and the war, and they officially apologize every year for it.

Let's wait for the United Kingdom to officially apologize every year for their empire, the gains from which they have not renounced.
>>
>>333808
>and they officially apologize every year for it
One of the issues is they actually haven't, ya know.

>>333808
They should tbrh
>>
>>333808
To be fair, take one look at Birmingham to see the karma of reverse colonization at work.
>>
File: LON12989.jpg (223 KB, 1073x704) Image search: [Google]
LON12989.jpg
223 KB, 1073x704
>>333808
China never committed any atrocities against Japan.

Not even post-war. It was actually remarked by both Chinese and Japanese people how amazing compared to the western front, hardly any revenge attacks happened to Japanese people from Chinese perpetrators.

Meanwhile Soviets raped German women en masse. And Americans did the same during the occupation of Japan.

Whites are just the niggers of Asia.
>>
>>333827
>One of the issues is they actually haven't, ya know.

They have, a lot.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_war_apology_statements_issued_by_Japan

I'll start demanding more apologies that even that when the other participants in the war and in colonialism issue apologies of this level.

>They should tbrh

And unlike Japan, they continue to benefit from having had an empire.
>>
>>333849

>reverse colonization

Wake me up when anti-Britain immigrants have any influence in Britain.
>>
>>333865
To be fair, Americans were allowed to rape japanese women; the japs basically instituted paipan girls to entertain american troops so that the americans wouldnt just grab any old girl off the street and rape them.

>>333898
>reverse colonization by poo in loos
>benefit

I would disagree with you.
>>
>>333934
>I would disagree with you.

Britain did not have to pay back their former colonial empire for the cost of having been colonized. Since decolonization, wealth has generally gone the other way.

Japan was divested of all the benefits of having their empire, and all the benefits gained fighting the war.
>>
>>333953
>Japan was divested of all the benefits of having their empire, and all the benefits gained fighting the war.

This.

Japanese 'repatriations' post-war were business investments which Japanese corporations got dividends from.
>>
>>333865
>whites raped in japan
Source?

Id beleive a few accounts which is bad but there was no infantry invasion of japan because of nukes, so idk how thatd happen
>>
>>334039
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rape_during_the_occupation_of_Japan
>>
>>334039
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yumiko-chan_incident
>>
>>334039
Google the history of paipan girls. The japanese govt basically encouraged (from memory) poor/rural/both girls to become prostitutes for american servicemen.
>>
>>333643
White people as a whole have always been pieces of shit, so I say we all nuke ourselves as a favour to everyone else on the planet.
>>
>>333898
Ah, that old wiki link. Japanese posters on /int/ love to tote that around like a get out of jail free card, if they are indeed Japanese.

The issue isn't whether they did or didn't apologize. The issue is that when one political figure does apologize, someone else undermines it by whitewashing, downplaying, or outright denying what most historians accepted happened.

They're not hivemind, and you can't expect them to have the same opinion, but the fact that there were no fallout for making such comments, or even criticism from peer or public, is telling.
>>
>>334056

Fucking American scum. Disgusting.
>>
>>334048
Yet never once has there been an apology from any american source for what was done en masse to women in occupied japan, despite the fact that, for japan, even almost annual official apologies for its war-crimes is still somehow considered insufficient.

americans really are the worst fucking thing to happen to japan.
>>
>>333519
>>333624
Everybody that doesn't have a shit history is a muh heritage fag.

We sit here masturbating to history anon.
>>
>>334314
To Japan or the world at large? Americans are unaccountable for everything they do, but they get free reign to impose sanctions and war on anyone, and they give themselves the moral high ground doing so. The worst thing is Americans believe it, always, without question. Vietnam was the closest they ever got to actually waking up but nothing came of it.
>>
>>334314
Dindu
Nuffin
Wrong
>>
>>333493
Islam was always big (relatively speaking) in China.
>>
>>334257
Not really. In fact I watched the op's documentary and the most tragic thing is that they decided on biological warfare instead of chemical warfare like oppenheimer. The reasons were sort of sound, the geneva convention is like Al Futtuwa or chivalry, codes set in power by the most powerful nations and enforced by them because they had the biggest armies so they didn't need them. Expecting Japan to honor the geneva convention during ww2 would be sort of bullshit.

That being said the rapes are more pathetic by the United States than anything. If you want to really hammer them, you should be asking why they didn't put oppenheimer up for crimes against humanity but he put nazi and japanese scientists up and sentenced some to death.
>>
>>334630
He didn't use human test subjects outside of military objectives(Hiroshima and Nagasaki) and that served as a loophole.
>>
>>334630
>but he put nazi and japanese scientists up and sentenced some to death.

The men behind Unit 731 were ALL pardoned by the US government.
>>
>>334679
Not all.
>>
>>332366
Well hypothesized! Excellent discussion topics! Have you considered matching wits with the master debaters on our sister board? >>>/pol/
>>
>>333624
Holy crap, as an Asian, this video triggered me hard. People are taking a polite interest in my ethnicity and have no idea how to ask. I don't launch into a tirade about muh microaggressions or make videos like this
>>
>>334902
>As an Asian

Oh look it's the old "As a black man..." trick
>>
>>333865
[Citation needed]
>>
I recently read The Rape of Nanking. It didn't really trigger me to death like it literally did to the author. The contest to behead 100 dudes was a little weird on the Japanese part, but it didn't seem as more brutal as the other sackings of cities during the war or since ancient history. The Allies have the indiscriminate bombings of civilians in German and Japanese cities as a strike against them.
>>
>>337039
>The contest to behead 100 dudes was a little weird
Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.