[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
African Castles
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 6
File: Great-Zimbabwe.jpg (121 KB, 660x437) Image search: [Google]
Great-Zimbabwe.jpg
121 KB, 660x437
In the late 19th European explorers who had previously looked around the coasts of the continent began to push into Darkest Africa. They expected to find valleys and mountains, exotic plants and animals, and they did. But in the jungles and Savannahs they also something they did not expect, ruins likes these. Great stone structures such as Great Zimbabwe much like the castles they had back home in Europe. They wondered who could have build them? Some lost host of Alexander the Great's army or Crusaders? The Diamond Mines of King Solomen? Could they be outposts of Atlantis, peoples of the hollow earth or martians?

No, it turns out that they were built by the ancestors of the natives of those areas who the explorers dismissed as being a bunch of Dumb Darkies.
>>
>>331961
What else did they build
>>
>>331961
>Let the buldings their ancestors built rot and completely lost the art of making them
>Not dumb darkies
At that point, it's amazing they haven't gone back to living in trees.
>>
>>332027
With that logic you could dismiss the Easter Islanders and Mayas
>>
File: Khami 2.jpg (232 KB, 1000x668) Image search: [Google]
Khami 2.jpg
232 KB, 1000x668
They were basically just some basic iron age cultures that made some stone enclosures and platforms. But the Rhodesians went full autist about it and started censoring any archaeologist who thought they were built by natives. Nobody outside of Rhodesia actually believed their shit though.

Similar thing happened at Ile Ife, which was claimed to be a Greek colony.
>>
>>332036
Well, yes? Except the easter islanders didn't even have trees left
>>
>>332044
Do you have a source about this?
>>
>the mark of a "civilization" is building large structures out of stone

when will this meme die? not sticking up for the africans really, it just seems so arbitrary to assign the status of a civilization based on monumental structures that still exist in some form
>>
Superb, dindus did something in 13th century that other people used to do in 4000 BC. Fascinating.
>>
>>332088
But whites didn't, lol
>>
>>332097
Middle Easterners are Caucasoids or in other word, "whites".
>>
>>332110
>Middle Easterners are white

Stop it Achmed
>>
>>332097
What are Nuraghi?
>>
>>332036
>Easter Islanders
>Hey guys, let's cut down EVERY TREE ON THE ISLAND!
>Yaaaayy!! We did it! We're idiots!
>>
>>332097
The fuck you are smoking son? Europe's oldest castle is 10 thousand years old.
>>
>>332435
what
>>
>>332077
Building big things out of stone takes cooperation, organization and shit like that
You need to be civilized to accomplish it
>>
>>331961
>No, it turns out that they were built by the ancestors of the natives of those areas who the explorers dismissed as being a bunch of Dumb Darkies

You have to wonder what the fuck happened to Africa before the white man arrived. Was it some major disease like the one that wiped out the american indians or some shit? Can't all be blamed n the white man since the decline happened before they arrived.
>>
File: Nuraghi.jpg (121 KB, 860x516) Image search: [Google]
Nuraghi.jpg
121 KB, 860x516
>>331961
Reminds me of the many Nuraghi (bronze age stone structures) scattered around my island: Sardinia.
>>
>>332503
There was a brief trade kingdom.

"We wuz kings"

It was really a footnote in history.
>>
File: 0_215.jpg (62 KB, 500x280) Image search: [Google]
0_215.jpg
62 KB, 500x280
Next teem only make a thread when you discover the dindu Carcassone or the dindu Vaubans forts, otherwise I don't care about some neolithic tier stone rubbles.
>>
>>332515
It was a two thousand year period dude.
>>
>>332592
No, it wasn't, great Zimbabwe lasted some century at best and those stone structures were built around 900-1000 ad from what I remeber, consider that European built similar and more advanced structures at least 2500 years before that.
>>
>>332479
What is civilized?
People always shift that definition like or forget that the standards shift themselves.
>>
>>332600
The person you responded to was speaking about Africa as a whole, as was I.

Sao is the beginning of that.
>>
File: Ita Yemoo Crowned Woman 1.jpg (489 KB, 1096x1600) Image search: [Google]
Ita Yemoo Crowned Woman 1.jpg
489 KB, 1096x1600
>Europe
>Agriculture starts around 7000 BC in Greece, spreads over thousands of years to the rest of Europe
>5000 years later civilization emerges in Crete (2000 BC)
>spreads over thousands of years to the rest of Europe, develops over next 4000 years into modern Europe

>Tropical Africa
>Agriculture starts around 2500 BC in Mali, spreads over thousands of years to the rest of Africa
>3500 years later civilization emerges in Nigeria (1000 AD)
>doesn't have thousands of years to spread or develop

That's it really. Don't know why everyone over-complicates things so much.
>>
>>332959
>Don't know why everyone over-complicates things so much.
Don't be coy.
>>
>>331961
Great Zimbabwe wasn't built by native africans. It was built by arabic or jewish slave/gold traders.

>inb4 /pol/

Honestly, this is one of the worst cases of "we wuz kings" in history. The shona DID NOT build Great Zimbabwe. It was built by semites who eventually mixed with local bantus to form the Lemba ethnic group. DNA analysis proves that.

>inb4 source :
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lemba_people
http://www.dlmcn.com/anczimb.html
>>
>>333072
Are you serious?
Are you that desperate?
>>
>>333072
>complains about WE WUZ KINGZ
>does literally the exact same thing
>>
>>332959
BECAUSE IF WE DID SOMETHING 3000 YEARS AGO AND THEY DID IT 1500 YEARS AGO WE ARE CLEARLY RACIALLY SUPERIOR
>>
>>333072

this, jews knew there were power sources inland, hidden fuels and such that possessed a small amount of gold, making it extremely efficient. sometimes these proto-jewish creatures pop up every now and then, but only as indistinct images in dreams in certain local tribes, when i was travelling in the region one time i actually came across a shaman who told me this, after i offered him 30 dollars for a blessing, and he told me about them and this has piqued my interest since. ive read around and found several crucial documents proving my theory, but i dont have them on hand to prove anyone right. i suspect the media doesnt want me to keep these documents so thats why they disappeared.
>>
>>332027
>Let the buldings their ancestors built rot and completely lost the art of making them
Because this never happened among what we call Europeans.
>>
>>333144
I'm completely serious.

>Are you that desperate?
Desperate about what?

>>333165
I'm neither arabic nor jewish. I'm just setting the record straight.

>>333241
Interesting.

I know other groups, such as the Fula, have their oral history containing an event of their "white fathers coming from the north"
>>
>>333072
I know, this is one of the biggest cases of historical cover up made by blacks.
>>
>>332027
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roman_concrete
>>
>>333410
why
>>
>>333335
The Fula have proto-Central Asian DNA, that's hardly "white"
>>
>>333443
See : >>333072
>>
>>333444
>proto-Central Asian DNA
[citation needed]

They have west eurasian dna. They have arab/berber ancestry. Arabs/berbers would have appeared "white" to them.
>>
>>333241
literal schizophrenia
>>
>>333469
Implying all of history isn't just what the elites allow you to know
>>
>>335245
actually hes quite on point, i made that post to see how many /pol/acks would fall for it. looks like i caught some precious bait, you fucking retard
Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.