[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So does god exist or not?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4
File: 1448519197031.jpg (61 KB, 528x528) Image search: [Google]
1448519197031.jpg
61 KB, 528x528
So does god exist or not?
>>
both
>>
>>329815
>god
>to do
>to exist

You understand nothing, Anon. And neither do I.
>>
>>329815
>god
God*
>>
>>329815
Does an idea exist?
>>
>>329868
Kek.
>>
>>329815
No. If you think about it rationally, you begin to realise how nonsensical the really idea is.
Literally created with the undermining agenda of any business, making it so, alike every religion created (excluding Buddhism etc.) Additionally, there is no evidence to support it, as of yet anyway. Now watch me get roasted by a bunch of braindead retards.
>>
>>329815
no
>>
>>329815

Don't put the cart before the horse.

Before asking if something exists, you have to know what is it. The good question would be what is exactly god?

Now, if god transcends space and time, while existence depends of space and time, it's probably irrelevant to ask this question.

The only thing i know for sure is that OP is a faggot.
>>
>>329815
go ask on a chinese cartoons image board that would give you answers
>>
From what I understand, Christians cannot prove that God exists, while atheists also cannot prove the reverse. This basically makes it into a matter of faith, i.e. you have to choose what you believe in. Those are my thoughts at least
>>
File: oldsalt.jpg (28 KB, 278x360) Image search: [Google]
oldsalt.jpg
28 KB, 278x360
>>330167
>while atheists also cannot prove the reverse

yarrr
>>
>>330172
Fuck, I can't into philosophy Anon, I'm a law student. I like my factual certainties and my arguments based on years of case law and analogies
>>
File: 1436496227276.png (44 KB, 287x287) Image search: [Google]
1436496227276.png
44 KB, 287x287
i dunno lol :^)
>>
>>329897

that OP is a faggot is a constant, off course

however there is a point that you made but seem to have missed

if we assume that a fundamental reality, above or beyond or transcending, or whichever way you put it, exists, that is, beyond efemeral reality as we experience it, then that reality realy is beyond space and time, and we can safely assume that there is reality beyond space and time, since we know that both space and time are in a sense limited and all forms and functions contingent

but even more than that we can percieve that there are forces, patterns, principles, etc, obviously active and forming reality, or rather, that the 'invisible' exists and underlies the 'visible', so much so that we can say the latter is the manifestation of the former

but, do we call any of this 'god'
why would we? for practical reasons maybe but there is so much room for misunderstanding in that one three letter word it realy does not seem practical at all

realy all this would fall into metaphysics, and therefore 'is not of this world'

lets just call it 'it' for a moment

one thing we can conclude tho, is that as far as a physical object is real, 'it' does not exist

but then, as far as 'it' exists, no physical object or system is real

not that the two cancel each other out, but that there is a underlying reality, a 'real', more fundamental than what we simply percieve as material phenomena

now people will say, yeah well thats called physical/natural laws

thats cool and all, just, what does THAT mean ?
>>
Anybody who gives you a definite answer is a salesman.
>>
File: Aleister Crowley.jpg (26 KB, 393x465) Image search: [Google]
Aleister Crowley.jpg
26 KB, 393x465
>>
It doesn't matter if he does or not, Society is better with it.

>the only good moral from southpark
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.