[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What single person killed the most people themselves? Not generals
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
What single person killed the most people themselves? Not generals or rulers who ordered killings but went and killed people themselves.

My searching came up with Luis Garavito the most confirmed victims for a serial killer in modern day and Catherine Monvoisin who confessed to up to 2,500 murders.
>>
>>483609
>Garavito's victims were poor children, peasant children, or street children between the ages of 8 and 16

>After gaining their trust, he took the children for a walk and when they got tired, he would molest and rape them, cut their throats, and usually dismembered their bodies

>He admitted to the rape, torture and murder of 147 young boys

>Most corpses showed signs of prolonged torture
>prolonged torture
Jesus fucking christ, bump
>>
>>483609

Probably Hans-Ulrich Rudel.

>Confirmed kills of 519 tanks, 1 battleship, 1 cruiser, 1 destroyer, 70 landing craft, 800 other vehicles, 150 artillery pieces, 4 armored trains, a whole shitload of bridges, and 9 -planes.
>>
>>483609
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_serial_killers_by_number_of_victims

>Pedro López
>Possible victimes: 300–350+
>Whereabouts: Unknown

The cops over there make people disappear all the time yet they let a guy like this go free?
>>
>>483760
If you're going to count killings from aircrafts or from afar then Paul Tibbets for Hiroshima with 166,000 might beat him.
>>
>>483780

Except that wasn't a single man's actions; a B-29 has a crew of 11, all of which are necessary for the bomber to operate.
>>
>>483792
Should we also count the crew on ground, the people who made the plane and the people who made the bomb, the people who paid taxes to enable both the plane and the bomb? What about the people who started the war? Maybe it's the Japanese Empire who by starting the war, in fact, dropped the bomb on themselves?
Where does an action begin?
>>
>>483808

If you're going to go that route, why make any distinction for a bomber pilot? Serial killers often use weapons, which I doubt they manufactured; they often benefit from social structures, especially ones enabling travel, that they didn't personally create.

Where does a murder begin?
>>
>>483792
>>483808
>>483819
I wouldn't count military cause most soldiers consider themselves as one part of a whole, modern military at least, and have a more brothers in arms mentality than lone hero/warrior.
>>
>>483767
what THE FUCK is wrong with colombia
>>
There was a russian comissar perhaps? Who had to sleep between executions because there was so much he executed eat sleep execute repeat
>>
>>483609

Question is:
>What single person killed the most people themselves?

>I wouldn't count military cause most soldiers consider themselves as one part of a whole

Even thou soldiers absolve themselves from responsibility by saying they were "just following orders" you could argue that they still have the free will to go through with it or not at crunch time.
Paul Tibbets or whoever actually pushed the button to drop the bomb is ultimately responsible for all of that death along with the people he was taken orders from.
>>
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vasily_Blokhin

>He is recorded as having executed tens of thousands of prisoners by his own hand, including his killing of about 7,000 Polish prisoners of war during the Katyn massacre in spring 1940, making him the most prolific official executioner and mass murderer in recorded world history.
>>
>>483853
The part of a whole wasn't so much as passing responsibility but about having a strong support structure designed in directly aiding them in their killing.
>>
File: Vlad_Tepes_002.jpg (169 KB, 392x483) Image search: [Google]
Vlad_Tepes_002.jpg
169 KB, 392x483
Vlad the Impaler maybe? He personally impaled a lot of people, apparently.
>>
>>483836
Race.
>>
me, I'm pretty much a one man army.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.