[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How did the Arabs fuck up so bad?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 1
File: 1448843288837.jpg (128 KB, 320x1184) Image search: [Google]
1448843288837.jpg
128 KB, 320x1184
How did the Arabs fuck up so bad?
>>
poorly prepared forces
>>
>>327280
Because they weren't expecting Israel to randomly attack them.
>>
>how did the defenders of Pearl Harbor fuck up so bad?
>>
>>327325
>The USA was preparing to attack Japan
false
>>
>>327342

Why would they deploy naval forces in the Pacific if they weren't planning a war?
>>
>>327301
you mean other way around?
>>
>>327364

You mean... Israel wasn't expecting the Arabs to attack them? Why would they have prepared and executed their own attack if this were the case?
>>
>>327355
They didn't need as many naval forces in the Atlantic, the Pacific has always been the major area for USN. Plus thay had the protectorate of the Phillipines and had naval/airforce bases dotted throughout the entire pacific. If they aren't willing to deploy decent forces in the area to protect, why have the bases there at all?

The US didn't want a war but was forced into it (tho some think FDR knew the attack was coming, which is why some say and I must say without any sources, that he took out the carriers before the attack) and they just wanted to use economic sanctions to push their weight around
>>
>>327376
Mossad knew in advance, then made sure the attack was delayed so the Israelis could do a pre-emptive strike.
>>
>>327379

>protectorate

Just say colony. Why confuse things?
>>
>>327280
I don't like how its forgotten how much Iran under the Shah supported and supplied Israel during the Israel-Arab Wars.
>>
>>327398
eh, land that they control.
You know what I meant
>>
>>327385

Why would he do that?

Then we can say that Israel started the 1973 war for the same reasons?
>>
>>327419
the idea of a pre-emtive attack is that the other country is going to break the rule of invading another country and the receiving end gets info on it before hand, in reality it is a defense for attacking first when both sides have ammased units on the border and are of relative similar size.

The US couldn't invade Mexico or us Canucks and use pre-emptive strike as a defense since we would do fuck all attacking first. But it is used to justify taking less casualties on ones side and starting the conflict.

Yom Kippur war is similar, but the Arabs didn't use the defense of pre-emptive strike and the issue of the Israelis being caught off guard doesn't help. they had to beg the US for an arms lift to win. So I bet they weren't preparing for an offensive considering they had just taken control of Sinai and they would expose Sinai if they attempted to take the Golan heights
>>
>>327280
The first time reactive armor was used was during the 6 day war (by the Israeli side Ofc)
I would say that played a major part in it
>>
>>327419
No you dip, israel saw tank movements and recieved intel that an attack wass imminent. This made them do pre emptive air strikes on egyptian airbases, destroying warplanes while they were still on the ground. After this, Egypt attacked, and Israel went full nigger and counter attacked with there backs seemingly to the wall. after winning the Sinai, Egypt lied to syria and lebanon, claiming there army was at the doorstep of tel aviv. This caused syria to attack the golan heights, with air support from lebanon. They were expecting to be met with a damaged and undefended israel. Once they found out they were wrong, many syrian troops ran away from the battle. The reason the egyptian and syrian armies were weak is because at the time, both leaders from those countries feared a coup and kept there main armies intentionally weak.
>>
>>327484
>at the time
http://www.meforum.org/441/why-arabs-lose-wars
>>
>>327449

>Yom Kippur war is similar, but the Arabs didn't use the defense of pre-emptive strike and the issue of the Israelis being caught off guard doesn't help. they had to beg the US for an arms lift to win. So I bet they weren't preparing for an offensive considering they had just taken control of Sinai and they would expose Sinai if they attempted to take the Golan heights

Then you think Israel had a better excuse to attack the Arabs?

Surely reclaiming territory lost during a surprise attack is a just cause to go to war?

>>327484

So Israel launched a surprise attack? Like the Japanese in Pearl Harbor? Or like the Germans in Barbarossa?
>>
>>327504
Yeah, plus Totalitarian governments generally don't do well. The commander of Lobyan forces in Tripoli opened the gates for the rebels, you know why? Qaddafi had his cousin killed a couple years back. Violence breeds violence. When you kill someone for no fucking reason, there is a web of people who hold a secret grudge.
>>
>>327564
Yes, in relation to the germans. When an attack from the enemy is bound to happen, you should make the first move.
>>
>>327564
its about an imminent attack, not about pride.
>>
>>327599

>pride

The desire to regain land taken in an aggressive war, where your citizens are subject to evictions and confiscations, is simple pride?
>>
Shit military structure, less updated military tech, less money
>>
>>327656
kinda, I apologize i've been drinking

but what was left of Egypt wasn't under threat and Israel wasn't planning to attack them. Which is the main point. They (under duress) willingly gave up the land when they lost the last war so they are guilty of loosing the land and signed a ceasefire making their initiation of the Yom Kippur war an act of offense without the need for self defense
>>
>>327686

Unless, as was the reverse in the Six Day War, they had reason to believe that an Israeli attack was immanent.
>>
>>327656
You dip, they didn't capture the entire sinai in the yom kippur war. After Egypt secored ways into it, they couls have invaded, but Isarel gave it back in return for peace.
>>
>>327280
Their military organization Is horrible officers don't allow the rank and file initiative there's not enough delegation and its filled with tribal and family feuds and all kinds of inter and intra service rivaly
>>
>>327699

Israel conquered and annexed the Sinai after the Six Day War.

I never said anything about Egypt recapturing it in full.
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.