[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT: documentary requests, discussion and links.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3
File: documentary-genre.jpg (20 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
documentary-genre.jpg
20 KB, 400x400
ITT: documentary requests, discussion and links.
>>
>>31790
Hellstorm- The Real Genocide of Nazi Germany.
Truly brilliant it brought a tear to my eye. Why isn't such truth taught in schools?www.youtube.com/watch?v=GMCOKNCwHmQ
>>
File: ss (2015-11-01 at 03.51.59).png (40 KB, 773x762) Image search: [Google]
ss (2015-11-01 at 03.51.59).png
40 KB, 773x762
What's the point? I'd rather have a thread about book requests, discussion and links.
>>
>>32049
Sounds good but would that not be more of a thing for /lit/?
>>
File: ss (2015-11-01 at 03.58.44).png (23 KB, 689x495) Image search: [Google]
ss (2015-11-01 at 03.58.44).png
23 KB, 689x495
>>32097
It would be history and humanities books.

The problem with documentaries is, that there are like three good ones.
>>
I'd like to find a way to watch Kidnapped for Christ. I've already seen Jesus Camp in full, but I just came off of watching The Bible Reloaded's review of it, and I want to see it in all its messed-up evangelical glory.
>>
>>32045
/pol/shits need to be banned instantly. I only watched this till the part that said the bombings by the allies in Germany killed more people than the bombs in Nagasaki and Hiroshima combined. You have to be a true retard to believe this crap
>>
>>32176
>the bombings by the allies in Germany killed more people than the bombs in Nagasaki and Hiroshima combined
I don't want to defend that stupid neo nazi documentary, but that's true. The bombing of Tokyo also killed about as many people as both nukes combined.
>>
>>32176
Yeah, I only added this too bait people I was curious to see if anyone would come along claiming it was the truth. By the way you may get some kicks out of watching the rest of it, just the insane amount of factual innacuracies are kind of incredible. Plus the comment section is full of stormfags and idiots.
>>
not /pol/ just obsessed with docus on the enigma.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y_BL0M08-B4
>>
>>32257
My bad, meant to say Dresden instead of Germany. The real estimate is 25.000 but the "historians" in the documentary mentioned around 300.000.
>>
>>32176
I wouldn't doubt THAT point (the rest of the film and the point they're trying to make, sure, but THAT specific little thing, nope). Nagasaki and Hiroshima were special because they were done with one bomb each. The fire-bombing of Tokyo was deadlier than both those bombings combined (using the high end of calculated death tolls). Considering how constantly the allies bombed Germany I wouldn't be surprised at a pretty high death toll. They can't exactly cry about that one though, they didn't show any restraint with their practices of just bombing anything that moved in Europe that wasn't on their side or declared neutral.
>>
>>32447
Oh, nevermind, >>32842 here, thought you were talking about the whole of Germany. Not going to bother watching the movie if it's just full of historical inaccuracies, so I went off of your post.

Yeah, that's stupid.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.