[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What led Prussia to success in the Franco-Austrian war and the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: Franco-Prussian War.jpg (481 KB, 1299x954) Image search: [Google]
Franco-Prussian War.jpg
481 KB, 1299x954
What led Prussia to success in the Franco-Austrian war and the Franco-Prussian war? I know Bismark controlled the diplomacy but who controlled the army?
>>
>>316935
>What led Prussia to success in the Franco-Austrian war
Staying home and reading a book.
>>
Better railways
Better Mobilisation
Actually having a pre thought out plan of attack and defensive
Much better Artillery
A brilliant new general staff system
Better field tactics
A general understanding of the way warfare had changed in the last 20 years
Bismarck trolling the French into silly angry moves
>>
>>316935
Based Moltke commanded the army.

They won because of superior technology and drilling, Prussia had the most modern military in Europe.
>>
>>316950
But I want discussion on it
>>
>>316967
>They won because of superior technology and drilling, Prussia had the most modern military in Europe.
France had a much better rifle and early machine guns.
>>
>>316983
>Prussia won the Franco-Austrian war
>Prussia
>Franco-Austrian
>>
Prussia just came out of the prusso austrian war so its army had experienced leadership and soldiers

Meanwhile France's last military actions were in Crimea and mexico
>>
>>316987
But their military was not up to the same modern standards as >>316963 set out
>>
>>317005
Yes. I made both those posts.
The French men had a much better fighting spirit too.

Its a war that proves tactics and strategy and logistics trump over tech and bravery.
>>
>>317009
>Yes. I made both those posts.

Fug, now I feel strange.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xScjkrcaAcc
>>
>>317002
The French actually kicked the Austrians out of Italy just a decade before the Franco-Prussian war
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.