[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Who is your favourite personality of the Three Kingdoms era, /his/?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 230
Thread images: 35
File: xuanliang02.jpg (38 KB, 480x320) Image search: [Google]
xuanliang02.jpg
38 KB, 480x320
Who is your favourite personality of the Three Kingdoms era, /his/?
>>
Dong Zhuo literally did nothing wrong.
>>
caocaos uncle

may he rest in peace
>>
File: 乾隆皇帝.jpg (324 KB, 686x957) Image search: [Google]
乾隆皇帝.jpg
324 KB, 686x957
>>
>>315309
I fucking loved Xiahou Dun as a kid and he was everything I aspired to be.

Strong, stoic, loyal and bro-tier.
>>
File: liu bei.jpg (18 KB, 640x424) Image search: [Google]
liu bei.jpg
18 KB, 640x424
>>315309
Liu Bei a best
>>
>>315309
Sun Jian. Regardless of how early he died or what little impact he had, guy was a Han loyalist (don't care that some say he tried to keep the Imperial Seal for himself) but did not tolerate people causing him grief, like Yuan Shu or Liu Biao.

Also, the real killer of Hua Xiong.
>>
>>315349
>Han loyalist

>ran away to Jiangdong

wew lad
>>
>>315360
When did he do that?
>>
Honest question:

Are you Asian?

Are you a Chinese history student?
>>
>>315369
During his later life you kuck
>>
>>315377
>Are you Asian?

Poo in da loo Indians classify as Asians so this is a stupid question
>>
CAO CAO
A
O

C
A
O
>>
>>315331
Same, but after reading the book I can't really deny how based Wei officers/leaders as a whole were. Especially Xu Chu, Zhang Liao, Sima Yi and Cao Cao himself.
>>
>>315377
No. No.

Just a typical weab who got into Three Kingdoms through the anime/video game gateways.
>>
>>315393
>>315393
He campaigned against Dong Zhuo, pulled out because the government was hijacked and the world was going to shit in order to protect hi post and his people, as well as probably being ordered to by his superior, Yuan Shu.

That's not running. The court was lost, there was nothing to be done but prepare for the coming storm.
>>
>>315397
Fine.

Are you Asian(not poo in da loo Asian)?
>>
Always thought Lu Meng was based as fuck.

>Noted for his bravery yet still humble

>Executed a soldier who was a long time friend of his because the man stole from a peasant, he shed tears for the man after.

>Personally saw to giving food and medicine out to the people in need

>Declined to lead an army because he thought it would be rude to the current commander after he marched his troops to join Zhou Yu's force

>Convinced Zhou Yu to save Gan Ning from being besieged and routed the enemy in the night, running them into Sun Quan

>Personally told by Sun Quan to study history and learning, dude was so inspired he took up studying eventually becoming a renowned strategist

>After Lu Su inherits Zhou Yu's job, he begrudgingly visited Lu Meng (who he held in contempt for being an uneducated soldier) but during their meeting Lu Meng basically schooled him on strategy and the two became friends. Lu Su visited Meng's mother before he left.

>Died from illness at the pinnacle of his success, completely fooling and defeating one of the baddest men of the era Guan Yu

Wu may be the river niggers but they had some amazing officers.
>>
File: Cao Cao.jpg (17 KB, 220x270) Image search: [Google]
Cao Cao.jpg
17 KB, 220x270
>>315398
TRAITOR
R
A
I
T
O
R
>>
>>315468
I always found him a nice contrast to Zhou Yu in the novel. Had the exact same ideals, but Lu Meng wasn't an arrogant twat about it.
>>
>>315468
You mean

>died from a curse put on him by the ghost of Guan Yu

Mess with the best, die like the rest
>>
>>315489
He was already sick before he fucked Guan Yu in the ass.

His illness actually played a part in his own strategy and tricked Guan Yu into thinking Wu wouldn't attack.
>>
Reminder that Wei >> Wu >>>>> Shu
>>
>>315558
What's wrong with Shu?
>>
>>315606
Misinterpretation that they were all about MUH BENEVOLENCE and not opportunistic scheming bastards (and not even efficient ones)

Wu were the true faction of the people, Wei was the most interesting. Shu is Shuit
>>
>>315616
Well yeah, I don't think anyone at that time was truly benevolent, but I never saw the Shu as any more opportunistic than Wei and Wu.
>>
>>315628
Liu Bei claimed to be related to the Imperial Family, he constantly uses the peasantry in dangerous ways to seem like the man of the people, jumped banners like a madman (Cao Cao, Gongsun Zan, Yuan Shao) and stole Jing Province as well as deny the terms Wu gave him.

Also, his son was a fucking idiot, probably caused by Liu Bei THROWING HIM ONTO THE GROUND, and both of Bei's buddies were assholes, either alcoholic or aloof.

Liu Bei a shit. Zhao Yu, Zhuge Liang, Huang Zhong, and Wei Yan were all cool though.
>>
>>315643
Pang Tong was the coolest of Shu but he died before he could really do anything.
>>
>>315643
Wei Yan was literally the most opportunistic man in the Three Kingdoms. Easily.
>>
>>315643
>Zhuge Liang
This all the way. Kongming is god-tier
>>
File: 1407309270310.gif (157 KB, 1276x996) Image search: [Google]
1407309270310.gif
157 KB, 1276x996
>>
>>315643
I agree on most of that. But,

>Liu Bei claimed to be related to the Imperial Family

Because he was.

>jumped banners like a madman

He only did that to save his ass in dire situations, it's not like he truly allied himself with any of them.

Still doesn't sound like he was any worse than the others.
>>
>>315673
The reason why Liu Bei is the worst is because he was a hypocrite. He claimed benevolence and acted humble, but time and time again he usurped power from those who welcomed him in. All of those stories about denying it, being offered everything over and over again, you must be fucking naive if you think any of that happened. Every single usurping dictator in history has had their propagandists spread the same stories, and Liu Bei didn't just do it once but was a serial offender.

I'm not saying he wasn't also a decent guy, but he clearly betrayed those principles over again, his biography is full of so many ridiculous strokes of luck and convoluted explanations, when much better ones would just be that he was ruthlessly efficient at taking power (but not, for a long time, keeping it).
>>
File: maxresdefault[1].jpg (70 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault[1].jpg
70 KB, 1920x1080
>>315309
My boy Cao Cao.
>>
>>315628
At least Wei and Wu were overt about it.

Liu Bei only made it as far as he did because he betrayed everybody who trusted him and took their shit. Including family.

All the while endangering his own people and being an indecisive hypocrite.

As they said, Liu Bei a shit.

Zhao Yun and Huang Zhong were pretty cool though.
>>
File: 5688-982080828.jpg (47 KB, 357x625) Image search: [Google]
5688-982080828.jpg
47 KB, 357x625
>>315377
Yep, Vietnamese guy here. I love East Asian history.

As for overall warrior, Guan Yu, but for a general
and politician, Cao Cao. That man was the boss.
>>
>>316071
>Zhao Yun and Huang Zhong were pretty cool though.

I know this is pretty cancerous, but I can't be the only one wondering how the top warriors of that era would rank up if you fucking powerleveled them and ranked the fuckers.

Lu Bu is obviously #1, but who, for instance, was the mightiest of Liu Bei's Tiger Generals? Guan Yu does the most impressive shit, but Zhao Yun I hear mentioned in the same breath as Lu Bu more than the others - but Liu Bei used Zhang Fei against Ma Chao (and they fought to a draw).

I know this shit is silly but it seems implicit in the literature and I can't fucking help myself.
>>
>>316144
Top three in each kingdom:

Wei:
1. Xu Chu
2. Zhang Liao
3. Pang De

Shu:
1. Zhao Yun
2. Guan Yu
3. Ma Chao

Wu:
1. Gan Ning
2. Huang Gai
3. Taishi Ci

Top 5:
1. Lu Bu
2. Zhao Yun
3. Xu Chu
4. Guan Yu
5. Ma Chao

Guan Yu is nerfed by his attitude. Lu Bu has the same issue but he's just so overwhelming he overcomes it.
>>
>>316168
>No Zhang Fei

Why not? He lasted longer than anyone else against Lu Bu. I'd say he has as good a claim as anyone to the #2 spot
>>
>>316193
I'm mostly ranking this on deeds. Shu is kind of stacked in terms of awesome generals.

If Zhang Fei was Wu, he'd be #1, for example.
>>
>>316204
Well we can surmise that Zhang Fei is equal to Xu Chu, as they both fought long draws against Ma Chao.
>>
>>316207
I couldn't really decide if I was basing it on real or fictional deeds.

Both of those duels are fiction, at any rate
>>
>>316215
I was going by fiction, because real life leaders do not work in terms of powerlevel listings.

Did generals actually duel each other before the opposing armies in this time period? It seems pretty ridiculous but there is no reason it couldn't have happened.
>>
>>316231
From what I gather, whilst there weren't organized duels in front of the armies, generals spearheaded charges and would sometimes fight opposing generals doing the same thing. I'm pretty sure all the duels in Romance are fictional, however.
>>
File: Goody-two shoes BTFO.webm (3 MB, 720x400) Image search: [Google]
Goody-two shoes BTFO.webm
3 MB, 720x400
>>315309
Cao "fuck other men's wives while plotting to take the throne" Cao.
>>
>>316608
This whole episode is fucking incredible, highlight of the series.
>>
>>315321
>keep getting Dong Zhou in the personality quiz
Fuck.
>>
File: Cao_on_anger_hate_and_enemy.jpg (316 KB, 640x2131) Image search: [Google]
Cao_on_anger_hate_and_enemy.jpg
316 KB, 640x2131
>>316633
The series as a whole has the most realistic interpretation of Cao Cao ever.

In a society filled with stifling procecural correctness and pure hypocrisy he is a breath of fresh air.
>>
>>316633
It really was. So many good scenes.

>>316661
Mostly because the CCP are trying to improve Cao Cao's image.
>>
>>315345
>>315309
>>316034
>>316608
Fake. They didn't have cameras back then.
>>
>Xiahou Dun only got one cool scene (not even the eyeball eating scene)
>Dian Wei literally only mentioned once

they made some weird decisions in scene omissions
>>
>>316676
Even with such a ridiculous length for the series and a GIANT cast like Three Kingdoms, they still had to decide who they would focus on as major characters, each leader only ever has a small number of courtiers who are in most their scenes at a time, or it would devolve into EVEN MORE listening to advice (if that were possible).

So obviously the TV show decided to spend more time on pure advisors than generals, unlike the Dynasty Warriors series of games. A bunch of blokes with beards standing in a room giving counsel one at a time is a hell of a lot cheaper than a giant battle scene.

They DEFINITELY could have done a better job of making Wei's generals more recognisable though. I guess it was a stylistic choice to only allow Shu to have special snowflake generals, following the novel's Shu favouritism, but it did suck how everyone on Wei wore identical uniforms and helmets and even had the same facial hair.
>>
>>316608
What's the name of this show and where can I watch it?

I've seen it around for a while but I have yet to actually sit down and watch it.
>>
>>315309
sima yi
>>
>>316728
Three Kingdoms

The entire thing is on youtube

Be warned it is fucking long and will take over your life. It's great though.
>>
>>316733
That sounds like the opposite of a problem.

Awesome thanks anon.
>>
>>315309
>Who is your favourite personality of the Three Kingdoms era, /his/?

Isn't it obvious?

Cao Cao, of course!
>>
DA DO DO
>>
>>316757
DON'T GET UPSET
>>
File: guanyu_beard_7448[1].jpg (63 KB, 212x300) Image search: [Google]
guanyu_beard_7448[1].jpg
63 KB, 212x300
>>315309
Probably based Lord of the Magnificent Beard

I normally hate the fucking disgusting Shu favouritism and propaganda, but Guan Yu is just too much of a badass, and I love his unique design, he has to have the most memorable look of anyone from that era, one glance and anyone can recognise him, he always seems to be depicted in just the same way.
>>
>>315468
>baddest men of the era Guan Yu
Actually when you look at history instead of concentrated Shu propaganda like the novel, you find out that Guan Yu is fairly shit.
>>
>>316608
Man this speech is so fucking hyping.
>>
>>315309
1)Cao2
2)Ma Chao the Splendid
3)Lu Bu who ye should not pursue
>>
>>316608
Chen Gong btfo like usual.
>>
Anyone know a good place to download this series ? I cant find it anywhere and YouTube quality is shit
>>
>>317144
I have to admit it wasn't until this episode that I realise that he was the same fucker from the very start of the show that originally saved Cao Cao's life that had been advising Lu Bu all this time.

I really wish they hadn't skipped Cao Cao's initial rise to power in Yan province, we got to see the rest of his story but not him carving out a base for the first time.
>>
>>317152
Yeah there doesn't seem to be much about based Mengde's early life. I can only think of a more or less decent manga doing that and nothing more.
Yet between him and the Xiahous there's plenty of shit to tell.
>>
>>315377
No to both. A guy I met on Steam got me into Three Kingdoms.
>>
I picked this up due to Nerima's most valorous strategist.
>>
>>315309
Ping Pong
>>
>>315377
No.
No.
I discovered this part of history through Dynasty Warriors (inb4 pleb, I don't give a shit, been a fan since 3) and I've come to love it.
>>
>>317408

my sworn-brother
>>
>>315481
"It's treason then"

-Cao Cao
>>
>>317518
Just got to Cao Cao dieing in the series, depressed as fuck now
>>
>>317590
Wow, like, spoilers?

Rude.
>>
File: Screenshot_1.png (38 KB, 599x542) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_1.png
38 KB, 599x542
kkk
>>
>>317147
Bump.
Please answer
>>
>>317669
It's on nyaa, but it's still 480p regardless
>>
>>317636
Lel
>>
>>316608
Chen Jianbin is GOAT. I wish this video had subtitles because this speech is awesome and probably my favorite scene.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fc3tXViRz-8
>>
>>315309
Zhuge Liang or Lu Su.

>>315377
I'm English.
>>
>>319618
He just kills it in every fucking scene he's in. Carries the show on his back for most of it.

I think Sima Yi's actor is great too. He's constantly unnerving and fascinating to watch, even when he's keeping perfectly still you can't take your eyes off him.

Wei a best. Those two would be my answer to OP's question by the way.
>>
Can anyone seriously reply with anything but Zhuge Liang or Kongming?
>>
>>322826
He is kind of insufferable and clearly was responsible in heavily setting the propaganda by which most people view the period, plus the novel acts like everyone Shu are literal gods even when their accomplishments were not that impressive.
>>
>>316608
Literally Chinese Max Stirner: the speech.
>>
>>316640
>100% match with Zhao Yun
I'm happy with this.
>>
>>322849
Not even vaguely.
>>
>>322853
Link it
>>
>>322826
>I'm smarter than everybody, so I owe allegiance to nobody and will live in the woods until someone seeks me out and I approve of him
Yeah no. CaoCao is a better character than he is. Zhuge Liang may have invented the landmine and the wheelbarrow, but CaoCao reinvented stability in the country by taking the place the fuck over. Plus, he did it all while drunk as fuck and writing poetry all the damned time. That's pretty good. Kongming was just worshiped and solicited for opinions throughout his life. CaoCao was a builder of nations and dynasties.
>>
>>322877
http://www.selectsmart.com/FREE/select.php?client=Romance3Kingdom
>>
File: cowcow.jpg (42 KB, 200x285) Image search: [Google]
cowcow.jpg
42 KB, 200x285
>>322879
>le edgy meme three kingdoms
I bet you play black in mtg because it's evil and edgy too, fucker.
>>
>>322893
I'd lube you, if you know what I mean.
>>
>>322886
No, I played white most of the time. I just really believe that when dealing with matters of security, (be it personal security, security of the state, or security of your family or property) I believe that the end overwhelmingly justifies the means. You have to have the moral conviction to do evil for the realization of good. Killing someone is inherently wrong, but in the context of security it is justified. Thus, a number of different activities are also justified.
>>
File: kongming.jpg (20 KB, 210x300) Image search: [Google]
kongming.jpg
20 KB, 210x300
>>322907
>No, I played white most of the time.
Sure you did bud, sure.
>>
>>319618
Here is the episode it's from. It's about 27 minutes in.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gF1WG-L8X_A
>>
>>322967
Is it bad that this show made me kinda gay for Cao Cao? I'm not normally like that AT ALL but I would so snuggle with him.

Jesus fuck what is happening to me.
>>
>>322880
Zhao Yun.
>>
>>322977
It is pretty weird desu senpai baka.
>>
Was the Sima family justified in taking power in the imperial court?
>>
>>323073
N-no homo
>>
>>323074
Well they just behaved like Cao Cao and Cao Pi so if you begrudge them for what they did to the Cao family in usurpation it makes no sense to me.
>>
>>323074
Yes. Cao Cao would probably have approved. He always believed in merits over bloodline.

No one in the Cao clan after Cao Zhen was worthy to lick Cao Cao's boots. Too bad that the Sima clan burned out even faster after Sima Yan.
>>
If Xun Yu was a Han loyalist, why did he serve Cao Cao so well for so long? He wasn't a naive man.
>>
>>322880
Got Gan Ning. Didn't expect that one.
>>
>>323380
Because he thought that Cao Cao would never have the balls to actually usurp the throne, and in fairness he was right. He also saw Cao Cao as the best option for bringing peace to the land, again right.

Cao Cao just pushed it too far with that Prince of Wei shit.
>>
>>323067
>>322853
same.
>>
File: 1429377984305.jpg (69 KB, 1284x767) Image search: [Google]
1429377984305.jpg
69 KB, 1284x767
>>317144
>>
How does Cao Cao's "betray a man before he betrays you" saying usually render in English?
>>
>>323738
"I'd rather betray the world, than let the world betray me."

At least, that's the translation I see most commonly.
>>
File: hdo_01.jpg (69 KB, 600x399) Image search: [Google]
hdo_01.jpg
69 KB, 600x399
>>323552
this scene gets me everytime T.T

Have any of you read Rafe de crespigny's works? Just take a look at this beauty.
>>
>>316633
>>316633
>>316667
Which one was it again? I feel like it was one of the earlier ones (maybe 20 something), but can't remember.
>>
File: chen gong.webm (3 MB, 854x480) Image search: [Google]
chen gong.webm
3 MB, 854x480
>>325219
>>
They sure seemed pretty happy about that hunter murdering his wife, cooking her and feeding her to them.

How come?
>>
>>316733
Not the anon you were replying to me but I've since watched 6 episodes. Holy shit this is amazing.
>>
for the true caofags
>>
>>326467
>>
>>315377
no and no

tattoo artist who loves traditional jap tattoos and fell in love with romance of the three kingdoms because of it
>>
>>326471
>>
>>326486
>>
the based 1993-95 screen adaptation is 84, 44-min episodes. i haven't read the books but would surmise that it's close to being an unabridged adaptation.
>>
>>326529
>>
File: image.jpg (45 KB, 360x512) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
45 KB, 360x512
>>315309
Liu Yu.
>>
>>315377
No and yes, though mostly modern Chinese history
>>
>>326529
The 2010 version has 95 44 minute episodes. That's 11 more unabridged!
>>
>>326480
>jap tatts
>three kingdoms

>jap
>china

I would never want a tattoo from you
>>
>>329350
The japs fucking love the Three Kingdoms period
>>
File: Shi Jin 9 Dragons.jpg (20 KB, 300x416) Image search: [Google]
Shi Jin 9 Dragons.jpg
20 KB, 300x416
>>329350
Negro, Japanese Tattoos exist thanks to Chinese Novels.

>Late 1300's: Water Margin published.
>China has a practice of tattooing criminals to mark em out. With characters detailing their crimes like MURDERER or THIEF.
>Criminal gangs cover em with MORE tattoos because Fuck You Society
>Water Margin makes a fad of this. What with the Water Margin Heroes being Noble Bandits who take from the corrupt and give to the poor.
2 centuries later
>Japan has a practice on tattooing criminals too based on Chinese legal model.
>Novel published in Japan in 1500's.
>Jap Criminals: WE SHOULD DO THIS TOO, WE GOOD GUYS WE NUFFIN WRONG LIKE THE WATER MARGIN CHAPS

The most popular Yakuza tattoo motif - 9 Dragon Tattoos- is lifted off one of the heroes of Water Margin: Shi Jin. alias: 9 Dragons.
>>
>favourite personality of the Three Kingdoms era

David Leslie. Alternatively John Lilburne

Oh, gee, looks like I mixed up my Three Kingdoms. Deary me. :^)
>>
BABY FOOTBALL
>>
>>329598
>Yakuza
>Japanese
They are ethnic Korean Zainichi, not real Japanese
>>
Kanu Unchou
Or Guan Yu Yunchang if you're triggered by the other name
>>
question: why didn't zhuge liang end up working for cao cao?

cao cao's entire shtick was collecting all the clever people and zhuge liang was the cleverest person. did they have some beef or something? or did he just want to show he could fight the entire world with nothing but liu bei's clowns?
>>
>>315309
Cao Cao pretty much single-handedly makes that show watchable, so him. Liu Bei on the other hand is a baby-throwing idiot.
>>
>>330897
You are talking within the mythology of the Romance of the Three Kingdoms, not historically, right?

Then Kongming probably had the same reasoning that Sima Yi had, Cao Cao had too many officers of note, he wouldn't be able to rise to the same level. Fuck, Cao Cao's problem was never a lack of good counsel, he was the match of pretty much anyone strategically, he just never really had any warriors on the Guan Yu type scale, other than Xu Chu.

Whereas with the baby thrower, Zhuge Liang was invaluable right away, he became his right hand man because strategy was the one thing he lacked.
>>
>>315309
Zhuge Liang. Who else? OP as fuck
>>
>>330958
what was their deal historically?
>>
>>331328
What do you mean?
>>
>>330958
>he just never really had any warriors on the Guan Yu type scale, other than Xu Chu
Do you mean this as actual duel fighters? Because Guan Yu has a very mediocre record as a general (probably the worst of the 5 tigers of Shu), and Wei had very renowned officers like Zhang Liao, Yue Jin, Yu Jin, Zhang He and Xu Huang.
Zhang Liao in particular was pretty damn awesome, Hefei alone was better than anything the beardman can boast.
>>
>>330977
>Who else?
Maybe someone whose victories didn't come off barbarians and betraying allies.
Chi Bi was Zhou Yu and Huang Gai's win, pray for wind a shit.
>>
>>322880
Sima Yi. Cao2 is the oven I'm second most like.
>>
>>322880
Dong Zhuo, then Cao Cao. Well, it's not inaccurate I suppose.
>>
>>331381
Yeah I mean in terms of fite me IRL 1v1. Wei had great generals but RotTK didn't seem to want to allow them to have anything like the fighters that Shu was afforded.
>>
>Zhang Liao shouting his own name while making a real-life Musou game out of Hefei

How could one man be so based?
>>
>>332388
It's a pity the TV show skipped over most all of Wei's best moments.
>>
>>322880
Zhang Fei/Zhao Yun
>>
>>329350
here's your you
>>
>>332388
I feel like Zhang Liao is often looked over despite being a serious badass in Romance.
>>
>>333549
Because fucking Shu favouritism that's why.
>>
DA
DU
DU
>>
>>322880
I got Cao Cao, then Sima Yi, the fucking Zhao Yun.

The quiz thinks I'm a husbando apparently.
>>
>>333549
>Zhang Liao is often looked over
>Xu Chu is looked over
>Lu Meng is looked over
>Gan Ning is looked over
>etc.
It's understandable, it's hard to make out Guan Yu as a god of war when you have half a dozen generals from the other factions with much more impressive resumes.
It's the same with Zhou Yu and Pang Tong's plans often being attributed to Zhuge Liang, and non shu advisors like Lu Su, Jia Xu, Sima Yi being depicted as depraved to exhalt that fag Kong Ming.
>>
File: pleasedHank.jpg (10 KB, 348x326) Image search: [Google]
pleasedHank.jpg
10 KB, 348x326
>>336094
>>336584

Mein negers
>>
>>325925
That part was seriously weird.
Liu Bei confirmed cannibal.
>>
>>336584
I agree Kongming is a fag and overrated as hell, but don't hate on the Lord of the Magnificent Beard.
>>
>>336461
DON'T
GET
UPSET
!
>>
>>336628
Oh please, he was a shit general, and an abysmal diplomat. Sure, he might well have been a great warrior (even tho his only historical victim is Yan Liang), but that's hardly meaningful when you're a general and not a footsoldier. Not to mention that Lu Bu is already recognized as the best warrior of the era so Yunchang doesn't even have that feather for his cap.
>>
>>315309
Favorite personality? Even though i've barely touched the Romance of The Three Kingdoms volumes nor the historical texts there are so many good characters.

I'd have to say all the wildcard strategists going around wreaking havoc on rivals really made the era interesting for me, though. Warlords were seeking out random wandering hermits in the mountains, forests and towns so they could recruit a smart one and hopefully ruin their enemies.
>>
>>336676
I just like him as a character/mythological figure.
>>
>>325925
It's basically a guy telling you that he loves you so much that even if he can't afford meat he must serve you a hearty meal at all costs, which means killing his own wife.

All for Liu Bei.

Kinda yandere if you ask me.

But hey this is the king of baby football.
>>
>>336692
Liu Bei was a hypocritical manipulative psychopath.
>>
File: NINJA.gif (2 MB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
NINJA.gif
2 MB, 320x240
>>322880
I'm a Yellow Scarf Rebel. Didn't even know that was an option.
Then Zhang Fei and Gan Ning.
>>
>>336681
>Warlords were seeking out random wandering hermits in the mountains, forests and towns so they could recruit a smart one and hopefully ruin their enemies.
Isn't Kongming literally the only one this applies to? Every other strategist was already employed or would be employed through hisown networking at the beginning of the period.
>>
>>325925
>>336692
Women are like clothes.

t. liu bei
>>
>Favourite Three Kingdoms lads thread
>Not everyone is choosing Guan Yu

I'm 12 and what is this
>>
>>336718
>beginning of the period
Not necessarily, although you're probably right that there was tons of networking going on.

There were others like Sima Hui, Xu Shu, Pang Tong, just off the top of my head. I doubt Liu Bei was the only one after their services.
>>
What was Liu Shan's deal? I've heard all sorts, from people saying he was just shy to others claiming he had down syndrome. What's the truth?
>>
>>336789
We don't really know.

Might have been a weak ruler controlled by Zhuge Liang, might have been a literal retard.
>>
>>336770
>Sima Hui
Not employed within the timeframe, plus he was a teacher with a wide circle of aquaintances, hardly a hermit.
>Xu Shu
Approached Liu Bei for employment himself.
>Pang Tong
Was a minor official in Jing at the beginning of the period, Liu Bei literally inherited him from Liu Biao after the province takeover

>>336789
He probably just didn't give a shit. Louis XVI ante litteram.
>>
>>336789
Being dropped on your head as a kid does things to your mental functions.
>>
>>336815
>dropped
More like thrown.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rhdqnsiDSa8
>>
>>315309
>Who is your favourite personality of the Three Kingdoms era, /his/?
Sima Zhao, Lu Meng and Zhang Liao are my favourites.
>>
>>336830
Good acting overall but I wonder if that scene was intentionally comedic or just ended up that way by accident.
>>
>>331399
Zhou Yu was on his death bed because he realized the wind was blowing the wrong way. It was Zhuge Liang who knew about the farmer's almanac who brought the entire plan together, along with Pang Tong. Wu was the muscle.
>>
>>336854
>romancefags
I double dare you to find one historical source for that.
>>
>>317636
Its history.
All men die eventually.
>>
Somebody find me the baby football scene I have no idea where it is.
>>
File: benevolence.webm (3 MB, 720x400) Image search: [Google]
benevolence.webm
3 MB, 720x400
>>337027
I got you senpai
>>
>>337032
Why are chink babies are cute
>>
>>337027
If you google baby Liu Bei its the first youtube result
>>
>>337032
Its the context in particular of just how long and ridiculously bloody and impressive the previous scene was, the superhuman feats he manages to protect that fucking babby, followed by Liu Bei just doing that. The comic timing is so perfect it can't have been a mistake.
>>
File: britlel.gif (298 KB, 300x199) Image search: [Google]
britlel.gif
298 KB, 300x199
>>337032
>>
>>337032
BENEVOLENCE
>>
>>337049
>The comic timing is so perfect it can't have been a mistake.
I wouldn't be so sure. It's pretty much the same as the novel and I'm quite ready to believe Luo Guanzhong was 100% serious when he put it in. It is afterall an epic.
>>
>>315399
What book?
>>
>>337352
Romance of the Three Kingdoms maybe?
>>
>>337032
Link?
>>337045
First youtube result is Zhou yun at changban, admittedly awesome, but cuts out once he gets to the bridge.
>>
>>329726
When did he imply they were Japanese?
>>
>>316168
Dian wei should be #2 of wei and #4 overall.
>>
>>337703
What did he ever do on the same scale as based Zhang Liao?
>>
>>316204
>I'm mostly ranking this on deeds.
>puts Guan Yu above Zhang Fei
Nigga pls. Zhang Fei was the best sworn brother (certainly the most successful as a general), Guan Yu is like the most overrated character in the whole period.
>>
>>316608
RIP Chen Gong, China's Karl Urban.

If only he had stuck with Cao Cao.
>>
>>322880
Dian Wei
>>
>>338114
>Karl Urban

Literally who?
>>
>3K thread
>Novel discussion only
I bet you /lit/ plebs think Hulao Gate really happened, too
[spoiler]Jk jk I love you all. Any /eagg/ niggas here?[/spoiler]
>>
Important question here:

1994 or 2010?
>>
>>338893
It's mostly TV discussion to be honest.
>>
>>338928
>>
File: 1353023575368.jpg (462 KB, 855x1200) Image search: [Google]
1353023575368.jpg
462 KB, 855x1200
>>338893
Right here senpai
>>
>>338928
>>
File: Dian_Wei_Qing_illustration.jpg (45 KB, 356x479) Image search: [Google]
Dian_Wei_Qing_illustration.jpg
45 KB, 356x479
Dian Wei
>>
>>338928
>1994 Cao Cao

>full retard mode

>Liu Bei

>MUH BENEVOLENCE
>>
Sun Ce
>you will never restore your clan's honor and carve out your own kingdom
>>
>>340244
>>340244
The shit this series did to Wei's Tiger General Xu Chu is unforgivable.
>>
>>340244
>make Zhang He a flaming faggot
>Dian Wei a baldie

>turn Lu Xun into a fuccboi
>Sun Quang is a neckbeard

Koei does it again
>>
>>315309
>mfw my family is possibly one of the many Chinese clans descended from Lu Xun

MUH

JIANGDONG

MUTHAFUCKA
>>
>>342257
To be fair Lu Xun was a bit of a fuccboi
>>
>>340506
I like how 2010 genuinely lets the viewer make their mind up between who was better, Cao Cao of Liu Bei. Everyone is always calling Cao Cao a traitor to the Han, and Liu Bei a hypocrite, but the two continue onwards with their own belief sets right to the end.
>>
File: Xu_Zhu_Wallpaper_(WO3_DLC).jpg (24 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
Xu_Zhu_Wallpaper_(WO3_DLC).jpg
24 KB, 500x281
>>316168
>Top 5:
>1. Lu Bu
>2. Zhao Yun
>3. Xu Chu

Wait, the fat guy was one of the best warriors in Rot3K?

He doesn't look very strong in Warriors Orochi.
>>
>>342572
The shit they did to him in Dynasty Warriors is fucking unforgivable. I have no idea where they even got it from, they just made that shit up.

In the Romance of the Three Kingdoms he Xu Chu was a stone cold badass, mightiest warrior in Wei.
>>
>>342582
He wasn't a gluton that only followed Cao Cao because he gave him food?
>>
>>342606
He was probably the most loyal person in the Three Kingdoms. Mostly because Cao Cao favoured him so much.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dftx28aZ46c
>>
>>340244

Source on tits
>>
>>342606
He was a fuck hueg "Tiger Marquis", Cao Cao's right hand man.

He was incredibly loyal and upright and also not very clever at all, which is where Koei got the idea to turn him into Majin Buu I guess.
>>
>>342620
Lianshi, Sun Quan's favorite wife.
>>
File: 1439140998623.jpg (78 KB, 440x293) Image search: [Google]
1439140998623.jpg
78 KB, 440x293
>>315309
Oliver Cromwell
>>
>>342609
Fucking hell.

Now I gotta rewatch the entire series.
>>
>>342269
Lu Xun was an incredibly patient and smart man, he waited a whole year before attacking shu's armies at yiling even though they were provoking him the whole time. When he noticed they were getting demoralized by all the waiting he lit their camps on fire and routed their entire army in one attack.
>>
>>343044
Yes but also a bit of a fuccboi. Mixture of being a scholar, rising to prominence when young, drawn without a beard. Definitely a fuccboi.
>>
>>326495
rip
>>
File: CaoCaoTV.jpg (63 KB, 720x478) Image search: [Google]
CaoCaoTV.jpg
63 KB, 720x478
Your top match for Romance of the Three Kingdoms is:
Cao Cao - Formed the Wei Kingdom, basically usurped the power of the Emperor. Died without ascending the throne. Indicates that you have a propensity for forwarding your own causes and are willing to lead the way to get them.

Ballin'
>>
File: image.jpg (39 KB, 640x356) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
39 KB, 640x356
>>344287
>traitor
>>
>>344312
Forged his own path and rose to great power.
If he had united the land he wouldn't not be considered a traitor. He'd be considered a legendary hero.
>>
>>344312
Do you have any images of Sima Yi doing Sima Yi things, like when he stared at Cao Cao like that?
>>
Fuck Liu Bei
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dk9MzFD9T-Q
>>
>>345279
I love cao cao
>>
>>345279
Fucking hypocrite

Crazy old Liu Bei is fun though.
>>
>>342624
Xu Chu in the Ravages of Time manhua looks badass as fuck. Most of the character in that manhua do, except Zhou You and Sima Yi backstory being really weird ass.

And Liu Bei looking like Jesus.
>>
>>322880
>Sun Quan
>Zhang Jue
>Zhao Yu
>all at 100%

What does it mean?
>>
>>348322
I want to get into Ravages but it's just so silly at time.

>Zhao Yun, Sima Yi and Diao Chan all being co-conspirators

come on
>>
Zhang Fei > the rest
Thread replies: 230
Thread images: 35

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.