[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So, who exactly were the Hyksos? Hurrians? Semites? Indo-Europeans?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 4
File: HyksosBigMap.png (2 MB, 894x1024) Image search: [Google]
HyksosBigMap.png
2 MB, 894x1024
So, who exactly were the Hyksos? Hurrians? Semites? Indo-Europeans?
>>
>>314361
Jews.

Or for a non-meme answer, proto-Greeks.
>>
>proto-Greeks
Dude what
>>
>>314361
Huns
>>
>>314361
Anatolians.
>>
>>314361
Probably proto-Hebes. The Exodus story is likely their cultural story of getting their asses handed to them by the Egyptians
>>
>>314446
no
>>314361
Syrians and/or Canaanites
>>
>>317032
Aren't Canaanites also thought to be part of the Sea People who resettled in Canaan?
>>
>>317071
No
>>
What are Anatolians and who are their closest descendants today?
>>
>>317114
They were speaking indo-european languages, their cultures and languages didn't survive except for few bits and pieces and very old remnants of their cities. They were hellenized, romanized and finally turkified, they are long gone.

Genetically speaking, modern Turks are probably are their closest descendants today.
>>
>>317071
>>317108
Yeah, they were
>>
>>317127
Modern Turks are inbred half-Greeks half-Mongols from the 13th century
>>
>>317200
It is more like "greeks" who were hellenized anatolians and quarter mongols. I realised I left out the armenians, they were also Anatolians.
>>
>>317197
Could you please avoid correcting others about a subject you know nothing about?

Because if you knew the slightiest thing about this sibject you would have also known that while the Hyksos were Semitic people with semitic names and invaded by land, the sea people not only arrived several hundred years AFTER the sea people, but they were also not semitic but mostly indo european.

Their pottery was mostly MYCENEAN/AGEAN and the only sea people's language that we know of (Philistine) seems to be related to mycenean according to teh few findings we have.

We know that the sea people were a group made of several different ethnicities who came from the west (Europe) and the far North (Anatolia) and conquered the kingdoms in the eastern Mediterranean sea, we even know the identity of some of them, it's agreed for example that the Lukka were the Lycians (South western Anatolia).

The Caananites were NOT part of the sea people, sicne they were the native people of Canaan who GOT INVADED by the sea people, coming from the west.
>>
>>317333
*AFTER the hyksos
>>
>>317200
So Anatolia was completely empty before that?
>>
>>314361
Weren't they a coalition of Semitic tribes that somehow gained power in Egypt?
Dunno if it's actually true, but I read that Moses from the Bible was actually a high-ranking Hyksos (semitic) priest who adhered to Akhenathon's monotheistic heresy so he and his followers were later banished from Egypt and started the Hebraic religion.
>>
>>317333
The Sea Peoples weren't a single tribe, faggot. The Egyptians themselves mentioned like 5 different ethnic groups invading just Egypt alone.

>they were 100% Minoan

I see, so you're one of THOSE guys.
>>
>>317378
Anatolia had many ancient kingdoms. The Hattians were a pre-Indo European kingdom overtaken by the Indo-European Hittites.

While the Hittites were around they controlled most of the interior and the coast consisted of tributary states or vassals. In addition to the Hittites were closely related Luwians, who occupied the northwest and southeast of Anatolia for some reason. Luwian became the dominant language towards the end of the Bronze Age.

When the Hittites collapsed we have many smaller kingdoms in the Iron Age. Lycians, Mysians, Lydians, Karians, I think Luwians are connected to Lycians?

Late bronze age the Phrygians moved into the region, they were probably Greek-related peoples.

Around 300 or 290 BC Celts called Galatians invaded Macedonia and Anatolia, they settled smack dab in the middle for hundreds of years and made their own kingdom of celts in Anatolia.

By the 5th century AD Karian, Lydian, Lycian, and Phrygian had all been made extinct because of Hellenization. Some like Karian and Lycian probably went extinct prior to the 2nd century BC.

By the time the Western Empire fell likely all of Anatolia spoke Greek except for the Armenians

On the far side you had Armenians and Pontians but Pontian was probably extinct by the time the Byzantines fell.

Probably by 500 AD there were no Anatolian languages, indo-european or otherwise, in existence except for Armenian and Greek.
>>
>>317446
You apparently have the reading comprehension of a 6 year old.

>they were 100% Minoan

I've never said that, I said sea people sites are very often associated with mycenen (which is not minoan, but you clearly are too ignorant to know the enormous difference) pottery and mycenean objects in general.

>The Sea Peoples weren't a single tribe, faggot.

That's what I said, apparently you can't read, they sure as hell were not Canaanites it's the Levantine kingdoms which got invaded and we know that both from the documents of the time and the archeological proofs, the tribes that were part of the sea people's coalition were mentioned several times by the egyptians and they were either identified with western people like anatolians or still unknown and of probable European (western mediterranean and mycenean) origins, sure as hell they were NOT Canaaneans since they were under Egypt control and were known by their own name, which never appears among the sea people's coalition.
>>
>>314960
I always thought this, does it actually have some credibility or is it a crackpot tinfoil retarded theory? We know they were worshipping Semitic Levantine gods and had Canaanite names. Is it possible the Israelites were Hyksos who got kicked out and centuries later in the Babylonian exile they started adding Moses to the story and retconning the whole shit with monotheism?
>>
Do they have any notable surviving art? Obviously not music, but any literature or crafts?
>>
>>317470
Libyans and Sardinians were also probably related to the Sea Peoples, especially the Sardianians.
>>
>>317469
I don't think the population changed much during that time. Sure invaders like Galatians left their mark on the gene pool, but the descendants of the hittites still live there.
>>
>>318052
I never said that the population changed. The entire post is about linguistic makeup of Anatolia from the bronze age through to the medieval. I omitted Hurrians and Urartians in the east though.

As for population... Anatolia didn't see many big influxes until the Arabs and Turks. Cimmerian invaders left only a tiny kingdom, Galatians were pretty late and didn't spread most likely, so the only group that influenced Anatolian population was Greeks, and there would have been a very large number of them and they'd have interbred with natives.

Also I guess we are forgetting the Indo-European migration into Anatolia but judging by studying of celtic migration this probably did not wipe out the autochthon population, just assimilated them .
>>
>>317333
>>317470
>Sea peoples as Myceneaen
Maybe a few of the tribes, but not all of them.

Pylos in the western Peloponnese was a major Mycenean center and Linear B tablets have accounts of Pylos guarding its coast from invaders. Pylos was also destroyed, seemingly by sea-faring invaders.
>>
They were black Ethiopian Africans who began to colonize the entire eastern Mediterranean seaboard and eventually made their way up to the Levant, Anatolia and Mycenean Greece from Egypt ruled by them and originally from Nubia/Aksum, who bought with them African culture to the Greeks, Phoenicians and also the early Jews. You see BLACK AFRICANS founded Greece, Israel starting from their rule in Egypt. Why do you see so much E1b1 in this region?

White European Occidental, Pre-Colonial Archeologists only claim it was an invasion from the north, and DENY the fact it started from the south from the BLACK PHARAOHS and BLACK NORTHEAST AFRICAN EMPIRE
>>
File: Adolfed.jpg (30 KB, 430x578) Image search: [Google]
Adolfed.jpg
30 KB, 430x578
>>318799
>E1b1
Daily reminder that pic related had that DNA

So does:

Richard Attenborough (ATEN)
David Attenborough
Napoleon
Lyndon Johnson
>>
>>318818
Hitler was black you white cracka

aryans were black
>>
File: 1447574410843.jpg (11 KB, 191x264) Image search: [Google]
1447574410843.jpg
11 KB, 191x264
>>318799
>>
File: HitlerPharoah.jpg (269 KB, 1280x909) Image search: [Google]
HitlerPharoah.jpg
269 KB, 1280x909
>>318831
>>
>>318799

Wow...
It's amazing the degree of delusion to which ethnocentric imbeciles have submerged themselves.
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.