[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Australia’s national curriculum is getting a trim with
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1
File: 1448663531614.jpg (111 KB, 1057x365) Image search: [Google]
1448663531614.jpg
111 KB, 1057x365
>Australia’s national curriculum is getting a trim with the scrapping of history and geography as stand-alone subjects and replacing this with 21st century computer coding.

>According to the Australian, a new digital technologies curriculum was endorsed by Australia’s education ministers yesterday which would see students as young as early as Year 5 picking up computer coding with students starting to program by Year 7.

http://www.businessinsider.com.au/australian-schools-are-scrapping-history-and-geography-and-replacing-them-with-coding-classes-2015-9

HAIL STEM
>>
>>313742
>Aussies are going to take my job
>Not only do I have to compete with loo-less poo-ers but now I have to compete with an entire nation of shitposters.
Just wreck my belongings up, to be truthful family.
>>
>>314814
>implying Aussies would want to move to your Povertystan
>>
It is not like Australian learn history.

They don't even learn about the Hundred Years War or the War of the Roses.

Seems like histoy started with WWI.
>>
>>314814
>implying they will be able to take your job without knowing where it is on a map
>>
>>313742
They mostly learned about abos because muh heritage. It's not a big loss.
>>
>>314988
in history in Australia we learnt a bunch of random stuff.

For example, in year 11 my class spent 12 weeks on Allende, the revolution and the Pinochet regime.
>>
>>314822
c-Canada isn't that b-bad
>>
>>314842
They teach the French Revolution, and there is a separate course offered for ancient history.
>>
>>315027
History all the way through Primary school was about exploration of Australia, the Gold rush in the 1850s, eventual freedom from the Brits and the involvement in WWI.
Year 7-9 was a process of Ancient Egypt, the Romans, Medieval Europe, the Italian Renaissance, and then some more about Australia in WWI. Year 9 is when they introduced analysis of historical documents for creating an argument.
Didn't take history in 10-12, but I know that year 12 had a choice between Australian history and "Revolutions" - the French, Chinese and Russian revolutions.
>>
If only all STEM wasn't so fucking boring
>>
I remember learning about Aboriginal history and some ancient Greek and Roman history but not 'great' history, more just how they lived back then.

I know a lot about our involvement of WW1 and WW2 because we learned that almost every day.
The most taught history in Australia is colonial history though compared to other subjects history is seen as a waste.

I'm a HS (year 10) dropout though so what would I know?
>>
>>313742
>straight ahead
>implying the road can't be bent
Pen Jillette confirmed for homophobe
>>
>>313742
just come out of an australian high school education

the sum total of our history education was 'aboriginals have a rich and ancient culture and deserve our respect'
we never, ever learnt a single thing about geography

>picking up computer coding
what the fuck? Neat, I had to learn that shit reading visual basic textbooks I nicked from uni students on the train. Good to see, good to see
>>
>>314842
We studied Australian history, the world wars, Russian history, the French revolution, medieval history and ancient history in my high school classes.
>>
>>314842
We don't really learn much history, I learnt industrial revolution, Irish famine, ww1 and the pacific and eastern fronts of ww2
>>
>>316910
Oh and so much time on the rape of Nanking
>>
This is not really /his/. This belongs on /int/.

It's proto-/int/, even. I don't know what board it should be on, but certainly not here.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.