[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
how did rome explode from a relatively small Italian state to
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: &T%%RWES.jpg (127 KB, 640x1136) Image search: [Google]
&T%%RWES.jpg
127 KB, 640x1136
how did rome explode from a relatively small Italian state to a European empire in such a short amount of time?
>>
It was full of privilaged white people that just randomly invaded people.
>>
>>313718
i'm guessing the pic is a troll?
>>
>>313863
>Tumblr

What do you think?

>>313718
Because they had curved swords.

CURVED.

SWORDS.
>>
>>313718
Because the Greeks were once the hegemons.... Until they took an arrow in the knee
>>
>>313718
Well but it didn't really. It took Rome a few centuries to conquer/federate Italy, and by the time the did that they were about as big and powerful as anyone else in the med, and with probably a bigger population than any of them. Italy was after all the second most fertile part of the med after Egypt.
>>
Advantageously playing against the multiplolar anarchy on the peninsula at first. Honestly they just happened to play their cards right amongst a patchwork of different tribal states
>>
>>313718
They managed to win the 2nd Punic War when they should have lost. Vaguely like how the US became a preeminent world power after WW2.
>>
>>314945
There was no reason the US should have lost WWII though. They fought a naval war against a power that knew it couldn't win on one side and largely sold supplies to its allies on the other until it felt the need to actually get involved and sent in hordes of fresh troops to wipe out what was left of the Germans who weren't off fighting Russia. And even if that had gone badly, they'd still be in control of a massive continent with oceans protecting them from attack/invasion anyways.
>>
>>313718
My favorite part about your picture is that it attaches Africans to the Earth Nation, and the KKK believe that Africans are mud people.

At face value, I want to believe its unintentional, but on the other hand, this could be some subtle trolling. Like trolling within trolling.
>>
>>313718
> such a short time
> conquest of Italy took 300 years
>>
>>313718
Why is it that the Asians in the pic related have the least Asian-looking writing in the background?
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.