[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is there any way the Arab peoples might have been united under
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 5
File: United_Arab_Republic.png (483 KB, 1264x768) Image search: [Google]
United_Arab_Republic.png
483 KB, 1264x768
Is there any way the Arab peoples might have been united under one state in the modern era?
>>
File: for-what-purpose.jpg (25 KB, 323x454) Image search: [Google]
for-what-purpose.jpg
25 KB, 323x454
>>312404
>Southern Persia
>>
they can't even unite in their own countries, or their own religion, ffs
>>
>>312422
Saddam started the Iran-Iraq war to 'free' the Arabs there.
>>
If we unite against them.
That's the only way to unite them
>>
>>312444
>>
Once upon a time Nasser was pretty wildly popular across the whole Arab world. He might have pressed harder for the need to unite all the Arabs in one state in order to conquer Israel (he did manage to unique Egypt and Syria for a bit, and I think Iraq was at least interested).
>>
>I must unite the Arab people under one Ummah
>t. Muhammad
>>
If the Muslim Civil War had never happened and the Sunni/Shia division was reconciled before it became a radicalized clusterfuck.
>>
>>312404
No, the cold war and Israel already killed pan-arabism and it was never seriously pretended to unite all the arabs t.b.h.

If things change a lot, we could see the Arab league stopping to be a meme organization. Something like the EU. But the wars against Israel discredited it too much, it's very improbable and a lot of time would be needed.
>>
>>312457
>that dot of Armenians in the middle of all those Azeris
absolute madmen
>>
File: 1448588759745.jpg (55 KB, 767x387) Image search: [Google]
1448588759745.jpg
55 KB, 767x387
>>312404

Yes. It's called the Islamic State and it already exists.
>>
File: kimochiwarui.gif (591 KB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
kimochiwarui.gif
591 KB, 480x270
>maghreb
>arab

MAGHREB IS BERBER CLAY
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.