[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>fall of Berlin Wall >dissolution of USSR >beginning
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4
File: 1989_album_logo.png (362 KB, 926x696) Image search: [Google]
1989_album_logo.png
362 KB, 926x696
>fall of Berlin Wall
>dissolution of USSR
>beginning of fall of Yugoslavia
>Bulgaria abolishes communism
>Czechoslovakia abolishes communism
>Hungary abolishes communism
>Romania abolishes communism and executes their leader
>Tinamen Square protests in China to abolish communism
>end of Showa period in Japan and the culmination of Japan's economic growth, leading to the start of the Lost Decade
I'm not a fan of conspiracy theories but why did all these events happen in a single year?
>>
aldous huxley, C S Lewis, and JFK all died on the same day.
>>
>dissolution of USSR
>1991

Well all these events were directly related to USSR's collapse, they are part of the same process
>>
>>312082
Taylor Swift was born in 1989
>>
>>312082
Well they were satellite states. When the Big Guy of communism falls apart you don't really have much of a reason to continue. Not to mention there was a significant amount of resentment for the ideology in those countries.
>>
File: acid-house-party.jpg (176 KB, 620x600) Image search: [Google]
acid-house-party.jpg
176 KB, 620x600
>summer of rave 89
>>
>>312082
Why did so many revolutions happen in 1848?
Isn't it some kind of conspiracy?
>>
>>312082
Dissolution of USSR and fall of communism in Bulgaria (volantary switch by their commie party would be more apt) happened a bit later
>>
>>312082
Gorbachev stopped supporting the USSR's satellite states and then went on to destroy his own country's economy.
>>
>>312184
It's further interesting how before Gorbachev the USSR had 2 leaders that died within just a year of serving their post.
>>
>>312227
They were really fucking old. Yuri Andropov could've probably saved the USSR (or, at the very least, maintain it stable, if stagnant) if Brezhnev had died sooner and thus Andropov hadn't been on the brink of death when he became leader.
>>
>>312163
If you're asking seriously.

Yes, it was British plot to make Europe burn so they won't be bothered. Brits even baited Poles into uprising against Russia, which Prussians provided the weapons for Poles, since they were afraid that if Poles uprise against Prussia, Prussia will become a backwater shithole and Britain would lose it's lapdog in Europe.
>>
Fall of USSR started in Poland, not in Germany.
>>
>>312248
Could you rephrase your post pls?

I am a bit lost
>>
>>312571
The main British plot of 1800-1900 was to make Europe burn, meaning - make as many revolutions or uprisings as possible. When those countries would struggle with internal crisis, Brits would be allowed to freely expand their policy and conquer more teritories in colonial areas.

One of the examples in January and November Uprising in Poland. Congress Poland, vassal state inside Russia had the best grain in the world at that time since there was no border with Russia and Russia was the bigest market in the world. - Poles made a lot of money on that grain and Russia didn't buy it from the Brits, since their was overpriced and shit in quality. - That made Brits mad, so they send their "missionaries" to convert Polish Jews to protestantism, but the real reason of that visit was to cause the uprising against Russia and eliminate the grain threat.
Prussians which were pretty much British vassals in Europe knew that if the Poles do the uprising against Prussia, Prussia will lose the richest lands and lose it's prestige - that couldn't happen, so instead Prussians armed Poles to go against Russians. Brits gained, Prussians gained. Win-win situation. Both threat to British ecnomy was eliminated, as well as threat to Prussian existence.
>>
>>312678
To add to that. This isn't official history since Brits are seen as good guys and as we all know, history is written by the winners.
>>
>>312082
>I'm not a fan of conspiracy theories but why did all these events happen in a single year?
Soros.
>>
>>312695
I wonder if they planned the same in China and if those missionary beheadings were justified in some places or cases....
>>
File: 3728761_640px.jpg (89 KB, 640x605) Image search: [Google]
3728761_640px.jpg
89 KB, 640x605
>>312082
Don't forget end of the best music, fashion and aesthetics in general decade.

1989 worst year of my life.
>>
>>312082

Nope. More like Hungary 56 or Czech 68
>>
File: 1448339366666.jpg (92 KB, 628x555) Image search: [Google]
1448339366666.jpg
92 KB, 628x555
>>312082
MY BIRTHYEAR
>>
>>312695
That doesn't really make any sense. The common western man know the British Empire wasn't very nice and attributing all the revolutions and uprisings to it only adds to its image.
>>
>>312082
>abolish communism
lel, idiot
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.