[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Tell me about the Armenians /his/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 5
File: 1445657928415.jpg (89 KB, 636x358) Image search: [Google]
1445657928415.jpg
89 KB, 636x358
Tell me about the Armenians /his/
>>
Basically the last remnant left of Alexanders dream of a united Persian-Greek empire.
>>
>>308376

Why do they wear the green?
>>
>>308419
Could you elaborate?
>>
>>308376
T*rks should've wiped them out.
They had one fucking job
>>
>>308510
Short version: it was basically a satrapy to the Achaemenid Persians and got its name from them (Armina) and later became the Kingdom of Armenia under the Seleucids.
The culture and religion of the nation is heavinly influenced by the old Persian and Hellenistic, which wasnt uncommon at the time regarding the surrounding neighbours in the area.
But as the Seleucids fell and the other similar kingdoms like Pontus and Atropatene fell one by one in later stages and lost their old identities, the Armenians stayed strong and still kept their lingual ties to the greeks.
>>
>>308568
>lingual ties to the greeks
Except the Armenian language is not very closely related to the Greek language.
>>
>>308580
Not "very closely" per say, but still closer than the rest that either adapted arabic, turkic or any form of slav languages.

Its also impressive that they managed to keep their original name throughout all this time unlike Azerbaijan or Georgia.
>>
Those are Norks
>>
>>308568
>>308614

If there's anything that puts armenians close to greek (except shared ancient history) it's religion, rather than language. Yes I know they have a different church, before someone jumps to claim this somehow contradicts my point.

>Its also impressive that they managed to keep their original name throughout all this time unlike Azerbaijan or Georgia.

Azerbaijan is directly descended from Atropatene (the native name being closer to the modern than the greek one we use). And georgians call themselves kartvelians, literally people from Kartli (called by greeks and romans Iberia). Considering the armenians call their own country hayk or hayastan, not armenia, you can't say the others didn't kept their name.
>>
>>308568
I'd say we have much more Iranian elements in our culture than Hellenistic (and the really old ones are Parthian rather than old Persian).

t. Armenian
>>
>>308376
nice pajamas ya goons
>>
>>308376
Those shiftless kebabs had one fucking job and they fucked it up.
>>
It appears as if they're very similar to Mesopotamians in that, the Urartu Kingdom was made up mostly of people who came from there.
>>
>>308376
Surprisingly easy to commit genocide on. Mediocre at creating metal bands. Decent human traffickers.
>>
>>310131
>Decent human traffickers.
?
>>
>>308376
They had a pretty interesting culture and were a powerful state in Western Anatolia for some time. today most of their historic homeland has been lost to them- mostly in Turkey. The modern Armenian state is a tiny remnant.
>>
>>310131
>Decent human traffickers
That's Albanians.
>>
File: 1441870982199.png (47 KB, 501x673) Image search: [Google]
1441870982199.png
47 KB, 501x673
>>308376
>>308562
>>309411
Honestly as a Turk I feel kind of bad for them. We like to complain about Armenians being butthurt but if any other nation went through the ordeal and loss of land that the armenians dealt with they would have been absolutely furious as well.
>>
>>310284
DELET THIS
>>
>>308957
Well we both like "ians" in our names.
>>
File: rupert-murdoch-pensive-data.jpg (818 KB, 988x1500) Image search: [Google]
rupert-murdoch-pensive-data.jpg
818 KB, 988x1500
>>308376
Anita Sarkeesian is a fucking Armenian

The Kardashian family are fucking Armenians
>>
>>310450
YOU'RE ARMENIAN!
>>
>>308376
Good genocide material
>>
System of a Down lol
>>
>>310450

Aren't the Kardashians 1/4 Armenian
>>
>>310435
True dat, though I think that's a coincidence rather than an Iranian influence.
>>
File: Ilham-Aliyev.jpg (94 KB, 1368x1026) Image search: [Google]
Ilham-Aliyev.jpg
94 KB, 1368x1026
>Formed the first Christian country on earth
>Very small population but seem to pop up everyone (I saw one living in rural Australia ffs)
>Very patriotic
>Destroyed Azerbaijan in a war and has made the Prime Minister perpetually butthurt https://twitter.com/presidentaz?lang=en

I like them, also fuck Turks
>>
>>311380

They won said war with a population of 3 million to the Azeri's 10 million, the Azeris having more modern equipment and a better economy.
>>
>>311394
Armenian-led crusade when?
>>
>>311444

>dubstrips

unf

confirms Azeri genocide

Soon is not the right time. Azeris are pulling their big people out of Turkey in response to the jet thing, and said big names are supposed to stay in Turkey permanently in accordance to a treaty between Turkey and Azerbaijan.

Big things are happening in our time.

The fire rises.
>>
File: 1447654906659.jpg (43 KB, 550x603) Image search: [Google]
1447654906659.jpg
43 KB, 550x603
>>311458
Doubt anything beyond strained relations will come from this, but you can always hope.

Deus Vult
>>
>>311484

Deus Vult indeed
>>
>>311484
>>311498
>>>/pol/
>>
>>310450
This is literally the only reason I hate Turks. They didn't finish the job they started.
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.