[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is your opinion on Hardcore History?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (15 KB, 170x170) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
15 KB, 170x170
What is your opinion on Hardcore History?
>>
i like it

especially ghosts of the ostfront, wrath of the khans, and blueprint for armageddon
>>
>podcastniggers
Read a book faggots
>>
Is Dan Carlin really vastly more popular than all other radio and digital only podcasts, or is there some concerted shilling going on?

Nearly all the threads have had the Hardcore History image as the OP
>>
>>303733
I was really disgusted by all of the WW2 comparisons in Punic Nightmares and mildly irritated by his constant whining about no cameras.

He didn't get tinfoil enough in the X History Files and I don't remember him mentioning aliums with Alexander the great.
>>
>>303754

>not listening to podcasts while you read

maximize your gains bro
>>
>>303769
Roughly half of the punic wars books I've been reading also have audiobook versions too, even listening to crusty old eurofags is more entertaining than listening to wannabe djs with a webcam mic.
>>
>>303754
>implying the method of consumption is more important than the information itself

Why not just read stone tablets?
>>
>>303764
Yeah, his is the only history podcast on the top 10 or whatever iTunes list
>>
I forget. Is he a historian?
>>
>>303733
Gotta admit I can't get into historical podcasts. I really like some about economics but when it gets to history I can't help thinking that a book is the only mean that suits it.
>>
>>303754
He recommends books to read also.
Storm of Steel is the best.
I need to get Secret History of the Mongols.
>>
>>304769
No, he says this nearly every podcast. He's just an enthusiast.
>>
>>305541
No shit, I don't listen to Dan Carlin but even I can tell that was the joke.
>>
>>305549
Sorry man, sarcasm doesn't fare well over the internet.
>>
The history of Rome is a far superior podcast. He also made a second series called Revolutions.
>>
>>303733
I like him on topics I'm not personally well read on.

So Ostfront seemed very underdeveloped, and shallow - as that's what I enjoy researching myself - while the Khans or Rome were breddy gud.
>>
>>306802
>This history of Rome podcast is a snoozefest.

Fixed that for you, senpai.
>>
His Prophets of Doom podcast is his best imo.
>>
>>308109
If you can't pay attention for a 15-20 minute session what can you do?
>>
File: 20275_6.jpg (567 KB, 1346x1062) Image search: [Google]
20275_6.jpg
567 KB, 1346x1062
>>306802
>>308109

Big up for Mike Duncan.

Loved History of Rome. Revolutions is good to. I'm so glad he's done with the french revolution now tho, geez. What a fucker clusterfuck of a thing that was. The revolution, not the pod...
>>
Is he always so intense when giving a quote? It's like he's describing something perfectly normally but the suddenly quote "IT'S LIKE HE'S HAVING AN ARGUMENT WITH NOBODY BUT THEN QUICKLY" end quote goes back to normal.
>>
>>308109
shit taste
>>
File: 1344852845755[1].jpg (220 KB, 1122x614) Image search: [Google]
1344852845755[1].jpg
220 KB, 1122x614
>>303733
4/10, would pirate again.

he started saying some interesting things, but then caved like a week kneed faggot and cried up and down that he didn't actually support Hitler.
>>
>>303733
My opininion is that I wish these daily threads about Dan Carlin would go away.

Also,
>getting your knowledge of history from podcasts or youtube videos

Read a fucking book.
>>
>>310594
i like Mike Duncan. i like to listen to him in the car.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.