[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Was the black plague actually just a cheeky ebola-like hemorrhagic
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: cherrycola.jpg (211 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
cherrycola.jpg
211 KB, 400x400
Was the black plague actually just a cheeky ebola-like hemorrhagic virus?

>implying there weren't OCD types/clean freaks back then who kept rats and fleas out of their ouse and still caught that shit anyway.
>>
>>300297
>Was the Black Death not Yersinia pestis as is the most commonly held hypothesis and one which is supported by genetic evidence; but instead an ebola-like virus, not for any sensible reason founded in research but because of some retarded brain fart >implication?
>>
>>300321
/thread
>>
Probbably was a different strain from the one the was discoverred in china. The main difference is the propagation, the Black death discover in china was really slow in comparison whit the one that fuck up Europe. Also they have sustancial genetic difference. Finally the symtons don't match whit ebola at all. Ebola is an hemorragic infection, the balck dead was not .
>>
>>300354
I didn't say Ebola.
>>
True, but was not a haemorrhagic disease ebola-like. The symptomatology is quite different, and so is the cause. One is a virus, the other a bacteria. I'm afraid taht i can't recall any paper that back me, but for what it worth. i studied in one of my PHD conference, which by the way was boring as hell.
>>
>>300401
I was just trying to say it was the black plague was a virus desu
>>
>>300452
>desu

Oh shit, desu was on a wordfilter? All this time I thought it was retards spamming it. heh.
>>
Was a bacteria:

Here u got 2 references

Haensch S, Bianucci R, Signoli M, Rajerison M, Schultz M, Kacki S, Vermunt M, Weston DA, Hurst D, Achtman M, Carniel E, Bramanti B (2010). Besansky, Nora J, ed. "Distinct clones of Yersinia pestis caused the black death"

Bos KI, Schuenemann VJ, Golding GB, Burbano HA, Waglechner N, Coombes BK, McPhee JB, DeWitte SN, Meyer M, Schmedes S, Wood J, Earn DJ, Herring DA, Bauer P, Poinar HN, Krause J (12 October 2011). "A draft genome of Yersinia pestis from victims of the Black Death"
>>
>>300474
What word is it?
>>
>>301106
t.b.h. desu senpai
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.