[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So did we ever figure out if Alexander the great was Greek or
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: 1448029749931.jpg (55 KB, 587x663) Image search: [Google]
1448029749931.jpg
55 KB, 587x663
So did we ever figure out if Alexander the great was Greek or is Macedonian?
>>
His dynasty was Greek, as was established when one of his forefathers wanted to compete in the Olympics and had to prove Greek decent.
>>
>>297310
It's the same thing.
>>
>>297321
He a is Macedonian. The Greeks considered them barbarians.
>>
>>297339

go back to /pol/ lmao. the term "Greek" wasn't even around then mong.
>>
>>297339
His dynasty was Greek, as established by Alexander I of Macedon.

>Alexander claimed descent from Argive Greeks and Heracles, although Macedon was considered a "barbaric" state by some in Athens, whose territories were threatened by its expansion.[6] After a court of Elean hellanodikai determined his claim to be true, he was permitted to participate in the Olympic Games[7][8] possibly in 504 BC,[9] an honour reserved only for Greeks.
>>
>>297339
The Greeks considered Greeks barbarians too.
>>
>>297310
He was Macedonian, a sub-Hellenic culture.
>>
Both ancient macedonian and ancient greek. Today's greeks and macedonians are a mix of every race and have nothing in common with the past.
>>
>>297310
The two were not mutually exclusive.
>>
So did we ever figure out if Hitler was German or is Austrian?
>>
He was from the geographical area known as "Macedonia" in the Balkans. Around his time it was populated with the greeks. So he was a greek from the area of Macedonia, a.k.a he was a macedonian greek to put it simply.Also I gotta remind that this Macedonia has nothing to do with FYROM and their culture if any of you happen to think that they have anything to do with Alexander.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.