[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
w-why?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2
File: 1448169555982.jpg (119 KB, 786x595) Image search: [Google]
1448169555982.jpg
119 KB, 786x595
w-why?
>>
>>293203
It's an easy way to build large monumental architecture with hand tools.
>>
>>293203
Pyramids look neat. They're also relatively symmetrical and easy to understand building wise.

Take one level, build it, then take a smaller sized level and put it on top of it.
>>
>>293203
It's a very simple geometric structure
>>
Aliens
>>
>>293203
Stacking blocks is a pretty basic way to make big structures. Pyramids are also a simple way to make things tall.

It's interesting, yeah, but not because it's some spoopy bullshit. It's interesting in what it says about similarities in human cognition and how that relates to the growth of organized societies.
>>
Why every civilizations use stairs?
>>
>>293232
in america we use escalator
>>
If you've seen a baby stack things they do the same thing, it's simply the easiest way to make a tall structure. Either that or babies are aliens.
>>
>>293203
https://youtu.be/Xw9lTB0hTNU
>>
>>293242
>Either that or babies are aliens.
Not that hard to believe.
>>
>>293221
I think the scientific explanation in itself pretty spoopy and neat. then i remember tfw no gf
>>
>>293203
Three civilizations found the best possible way of stacking shit. Not much else to say.
>>
>>293325
Stupid American
>>
WE
>>
>>293203

Convergent design.

/thread
>>
>>293221
and the importance of the equator in that growth
>>
>>293238
It ticks me off when people stop walking just because they are on an escalator.
>>
When architecture is unsophisticated enough, yet civilization grows large enough, then pyramids happen.

Basically, they're the first increment of technology in grand architecture, because they are robust and simple and can be constructed with simple materials.

They use a lot of land area, but given relatively low population densities in nation states of the ancient world that usually wasn't problematic f they should need to sprawl out within urban centers.

This is why you see pyramids used in monuments of virtually all peoples that at one time served as an original center of civilization and with a large enough population to more feasibly support construction of large monuments.
>>
You have 30 seconds to post the best tinfoil hat theory you have on this that doesn't include aliens

>the sandskins migrated from egypt from 3600 bc to russia in 2600 bc then americas in 1600 bc and pwned everything and built giant rocks
>>
>>293203
Aliens
>>
>>293409
>nation states of the ancient world
>>
>>293390
This
>>
>>293439
blocks are like cans and it only takes one autistic king to begin a massive can stacking project
>>
>>293439
>that doesn't include aliens

Well, yea b/c that's not tinfoil it's most likely the truth.
>>
best way to stack rocks
>>
File: anthill.jpg (3 MB, 2376x1584) Image search: [Google]
anthill.jpg
3 MB, 2376x1584
must be aliens
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.