[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Did Adam and Eve live in modern day Iraq? Where do you think
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 5
File: adam and eve.jpg (114 KB, 631x944) Image search: [Google]
adam and eve.jpg
114 KB, 631x944
Did Adam and Eve live in modern day Iraq? Where do you think they lived?
>>
>>292633
>Where do you think they lived?
they didn't
>>
In the imagination of whatever Jew cooked it up. I doubt he had a explicit place in mind.

Joseph Smith thinks it was Independence, Missouri though. If you're willing to believe him.
>>
>>292667
I came here to shitpost Missouri. Damn.
>>
File: 1410729890221.gif (837 KB, 200x181) Image search: [Google]
1410729890221.gif
837 KB, 200x181
>>293189
there is still yet time
>>
>>292667
Why are Mormons taken seriously again?
>>
>>292662

*tips fedora*
>>
>>293215
Exactly who is taking mormons seriously
>>
>>293215

Why is Missouri any more outrageous of a belief than the garden of Eden being in Mesopotamia?
>>
>>293235
It isn't that it is specifically more absurd, it is the fact that it is a complete revision of an already existing story.

And Gan Eden refers to where Auschwitz stands now
>>
Doesn't the bible mention the garden being between the Tigris and Euphrates? It would probably be in Iraq then.
>>
File: 1437504999444.jpg (486 KB, 5166x4956) Image search: [Google]
1437504999444.jpg
486 KB, 5166x4956
>>293228
U must be baiting right? Surely you don't actually believe anything that happened in the old testament? I would understand that some could be believed from the new testament but the fucking old testament?
>>
>>293235
Because mesopotamia would at least make sense in historical context since the people that started the oral tradition that was later put down in jewish religious texts, and then the old testament would have come from that approximate region.
>>
>>293258
>Surely you don't actually believe anything that happened in the old testament?
So the Hebrews never established an empire in what is present day Israel?
>>
>>293292
There is archaeological evidence for Judean kingdom which Egypt allowed as a buffer between them and the Hittite kingdom.

The old testament also mentions Nebuchadnezzar and the old Babylonian kingdom.

I guess atheists don't believe either existed because the Bible mentions them
>>
>>292633
They didn't. Or are you so stupid/ignorant to think humanity just popped into existence from a single breeding pair that would result in us dying off a couple generations later from horrible, horrible cancer?
>>
>>293279
But the Native Americans were Hebrews
>>
>>293379
>jews
>sold the island of Manhattan for some beads
I don't think so Tim.
>>
I'm pretty sure the garden of eden is a metaphor for hunter gatherer society.
>>
>>292633
Probably off the nile like those guys in the epic of gilgamesh.

Since Abrahamic religion and the epic of gilgamesh came from the middle east you see a lot of reference to things such as paradises surrounded by shitholes, banishment to the desert, floods, et cetera.
>>
>>293228
>>293228
*rapes little boy*
>>
>>293475
There's a theory somewhere that the Cane and Able story is actually about the culture transitioning from a strictly agricultural society to a hunter-gather society.
>>
File: cagatio.jpg (89 KB, 640x426) Image search: [Google]
cagatio.jpg
89 KB, 640x426
>>292667
>>293189

>tfw from Independence
>came here to shitpost
>find myself in good company
>>
>>293562
>Cane and Able
>Cane
>Able

kekle
>>
File: Screenshot_2015-11-24-10-36-09.png (4 MB, 1440x2560) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2015-11-24-10-36-09.png
4 MB, 1440x2560
>>292633
yes
>>
>>293562
>cane and able
>transitioning from a strictly agricultural society to a hunter-gather society
Three things: Abel was a cattle herder, not hunter. The transition you propose would also be a step backwards. And finally, Abel is the one who got killed, so if anything, it's a transition to full agricultural mode at the cost of a terrible sin.
>>
>>292633
If you believe some people, it was in the persian gulf.
Of course in that belief it was before it became the gulf.
>>
>>294285
You're thinking of gaia, which happened before this. This is more likely talking about how flooded the nile was at the end of the ice age due to the icebergs melting.
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.