[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is a sin strictly an action, or can it be a thought?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: 1368489624805.jpg (305 KB, 900x675) Image search: [Google]
1368489624805.jpg
305 KB, 900x675
Is a sin strictly an action, or can it be a thought?
>>
>>292112
It can be a thought, it can be the state of living, it can be emotion, it can be action.
Imagination is a sin for example.
>>
>>292112
But I tell you that anyone who looks at a woman lustfully has already committed adultery with her in his heart.
- Matthew 5:28
>>
>>292112
Sin is a rebellion against God
it's a way of living, not a single action or thought
>>
>>292112
>>292155
every time we make a decision that is going against God's plan for us, we are committing a sin.
>>
>>292167
You cannot do good... just existing in this universe is a sin. You do not get in heaven by the virtue of your actions but by the mercy of God.
If you do any good it was God who done it trough you for Him. Truly we are nothing but dirt...
>>
>>292181
Well that's a tidy little con isn't it. Everything you do is fucking terrible and all your fault. If you manage to do something lightly less terrible, well that's certainly not because of any individual virtue of yours.
>>
>Can it be sin to know?
-Satan, Paradise Lost

Congratulations OP, you are asking a Satan-tier question
>>
>>292300
I never really thought about it that way. I thought feeling a compulsion and resisting was the virtue, not eliminating the feeling itself.
>>
>>292137
>thought crime
>The Bible has done for centuries what people bitch about feminazis for doing

Who likes this rubbish?
>>
>>292214
it's not a con
all good comes from God. When we do good works, it's not because of our goodness, but rather it is God doing good through us. To not recognize this is itself a Sin and a rebellion against God. I've done some good things, but none of them have been done in accordance with my will. The only good I've done is by following the plan that God has set for me, so in this way it is not I that is doing good, but rather God who does good through me.

>>292313
>>292300
it's impossible for man alone to eliminate temptations. It is only with the help of God that we can resist lust. Resisting is not a virtue, resisting is the fruit of the only virtue that matters, trusting and relying on the Lord. All other spiritual fruit will come from trusting and relying on the Lord.

>>292317
>>292261
believe it or not, Paradise Lost is not scripture, and there is no Sin in asking questions. Rather, it is the spirit that the question is asked in. Are you asking questions because you wish to learn more about God? If so, it is not a Sin.

this stuff really only started to make sense to me a couple years ago. I can only advise you to keep praying, keep reading, and keep asking hard questions.
>>
>>292300
yet ejaculating on floor or in a tissue and not inside a woman with the purpose of reproduction is a sin.
>>
>>292394
if you're referring to the bible story I think you're referring to, the issue was not that the guy tickled his pickle, but rather that he deceived and dishonored his wife
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.