[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why did the french take the rooster as a national animal? I know
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4
File: COQ-GAULOIS-BIS.jpg (7 KB, 267x188) Image search: [Google]
COQ-GAULOIS-BIS.jpg
7 KB, 267x188
Why did the french take the rooster as a national animal?
I know the story about gallus in Latin meaning both rooster and Gaulish but it's not a flattering animal.
>>
>>290090
It's more original than the griffons/lions/birds. Though I think a horse would have been cooler (being famous for their cavalry charges)
>>
>>290090
>loud, annoying, won't ever shut up, does what it wants even if everything including reasons says it's a bad idea
It's perfect though.
Now you tell me how the lion (lazy animal that does nothing aside from fucking and eating while the females go get food for him) is a better symbol.
>>
File: Cockfight.jpg (90 KB, 689x633) Image search: [Google]
Cockfight.jpg
90 KB, 689x633
>>290090
Roosters are vicious, dude. They also prance around with their chests huffed to show dominance, and can be extremely aggressive.
>>
File: hrerd.jpg (969 KB, 2256x1260) Image search: [Google]
hrerd.jpg
969 KB, 2256x1260
>>290090
It's a badass animal not afraid of taking on enemies stronger or more numerous than it is:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GvRZto8dJSE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vvBfJGdS6pE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=imQ9h10cnAM

It perfectly describes France's history from the Middle Ages to the 19th century
Too bad they chose it as national animal only after they stopped being gods of war (late 19th century)...
>>
>>290090
I'm pretty sure that chicken = coward is younger than this.

Anyways, in theory, while the chicken/hen is coward, the rooster is proud, arrogant and aggressive.
>>
>>290090

>vicious when provoked
>zealously defensive of its mates
>COCK

Why wouldn't it be your national animal?
>>
Because they're a bunch of chickens craving for COCKs

>Heh
>>
>>290161

>being gods of war (late 19th century)...

Thank Napoleons retarded off-spring trying to emulate their daddy for that, also French we're bretty gud at war even up to 1939... it's just someone didn't think that Germany would violate a neutral state and therefore didn't extend the Maginot line to cover Belgium.
>>
>>290165
Are hens really cowards?

Because most female animals will fuck your shit up after they breed.
>>
Roosters are know to announce the apocalypse.
>>
>>290254
That's mostly true for mammal females though.
>>
>>290254
I don't know, one attacked me when I was 2 causing a phobia that lasted 10 years. But then again, not even a hen needs to be bold to attack a 2 years old toddler.
>>
File: flesh eating horse.png (149 KB, 379x378) Image search: [Google]
flesh eating horse.png
149 KB, 379x378
>>290090
>>
>>290090
>it's not a flattering animal
That's exactly why Gaulish took it as their mascot. In order to make fun of the roman eagle.

Also, Coluche (fameuse french actor), said that it is the only animal able to singe while having his legs under shit.
>>
Even if its feet are in shit, it will sang.
>>
Because it's the only animal that keep singing even when he get his feets in the shit.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.