[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What books do I need to read for an adequate understanding of
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: 1447895940640.jpg (37 KB, 310x800) Image search: [Google]
1447895940640.jpg
37 KB, 310x800
What books do I need to read for an adequate understanding of the Middle Eastern conflict?

And if anyone feels deja vu I actually made this thread a while ago but forgot about it and never saw the responses.
>>
You should be more specific, the middle eastern conflict has been going on since before recorded time.
>>
>>287571
This.

The entire region has been a democidal bloodbath with occasional spots of enforced peace for as long as there have been people there.
>>
>>287558
Start with the torah then the bible, finally hit up the quran. It will be quite clear.
>>
>>287661
werent things relatively peaceful during the ottoman period
>>
>>287571
>the middle eastern conflict has been going on since before recorded time.
>>287661
>The entire region has been a democidal bloodbath with occasional spots of enforced peace

This is such unbelievably poor, cliched thinking. The events of hundreds of years ago have nothing to do with what is going on today. It's like saying the wars between Britain and France are the reason why Britain and France are fighting bombing ISIS.

You oversimplify the history of a complicated region so your pea sized brains can cope. There have been thousands of different conflicts for thousands of different reasons.
>>
>>288699
>This is such unbelievably poor, cliched thinking
Prove him wrong then?

>The events of hundreds of years ago have nothing to do with what is going on today.
Riiiight. For instance, the sunni/shiia split has NOTHING to do with events today? How fucking stupid are you?

Go back to plebbit.
>>
>>287558
>>288726

we need a sticky
>>
>>288699
Wasted dubs on a retarded post tbqhwymf (to be quite honest with you my senpai (family))
>>
>>288699
They are right. If anything, the weird thing is not that the Middle East is a bloodbath. It is that Europe and Eastern Asia aren't.
>>
>>287558
Define "adequate".
Do you want to know the most on the subject among your friends and family? Do you want to write a paper on the topic? Do you want to make policy decisions?
>>
>>288721
>For instance, the sunni/shiia split has NOTHING to do with events today? How fucking stupid are you?
The Sunni/Shia split was practically dead before the Iraq war. Sunnis and Shias were intermarrying and living in the same neighborhoods. When America/Britain went into Iraq, they had a policy to turn Sunnis and Shias against one another to divide and conquer the country. Look up Paul Bremer, it was all very public. This reignited the tensions between Sunnis and Shias that had previously been dead.
>>
>>288864
>They are right.
Yea, today's 20 year olds are blowing themselves up because of a dispute between Caliphs in 13th century. It has nothing to do with the conditions of TODAY, it's about ancient history.

Unbelievable.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.