[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Prove to me pic related is not just another allegory of the zodiac
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 6
File: 12individualapostlesbest.jpg (36 KB, 189x240) Image search: [Google]
12individualapostlesbest.jpg
36 KB, 189x240
Prove to me pic related is not just another allegory of the zodiac which is the anthropomorphization of celestial bodies including the sun. Sun being God's son.
>protip: maybe you can maybe you can't
>>
You're right, I can't..because the image is the size of a postage stamp and I can't make out anything other than Jesus giving me the peace sign and asking me to sign his yearbook.
>>
File: zodiac.jpg (39 KB, 478x358) Image search: [Google]
zodiac.jpg
39 KB, 478x358
>>
File: last_supper.jpg (22 KB, 450x241) Image search: [Google]
last_supper.jpg
22 KB, 450x241
>>285289
Ayy so irrelevant.
>>
>>285276

> Sun being God's son.

Because English wasn't even invented when Jesus was famous, so your etymological argument is completely meaningless.

Furthermore, the link between twelve tribes of Israel rather than 12 astrological signs is a way stronger one where Jesus is concerned.
>>
File: aquariusrb.jpg (34 KB, 471x357) Image search: [Google]
aquariusrb.jpg
34 KB, 471x357
>>285276
And he said unto them, Behold, when ye are entered into the city, there shall a man meet you, bearing a pitcher of water; follow him into the house where he entereth in.
-Luke 22:10
>>
Didn't 4 of the gospel writers have an animal associated with them?

Holyshit you might be onto something.
>>
The Twelve Apostles have to do with the Twelves Tribes of Israel. 12 is a very significant number in the OT.
>>
>>285657
>>286394

But there were 13 tribes, not 12.
>>
File: 1444935836662.gif (169 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1444935836662.gif
169 KB, 640x480
>>285276
>>285892

>I just saw Zeitgeist
>>
>>286404
What? No
>>
>>286414

Reuben
Simon
Levi
Judah
Dan
Naftali
Gad
Asher
Zevulun
Issachar
Menasseh
Efraim
Benjamin.

Count em, that's 13.
>>
File: d8vkhss.png (203 KB, 499x499) Image search: [Google]
d8vkhss.png
203 KB, 499x499
>>286404
Judas had to be replaced, remember?

>>286414
I think he's talking about Mormonism, or something.
>>
>>286426

No, I'm talking about the tribes of Israel. Joseph splits into two tribes, remember? That adds one to the total for 13.
>>
>>286424
>Naphtali
>>
>>286436
Yes, but the tribes are always referred to as twelve, since 13 is an ominous number signifying rebellion and evil.
>>
>>286458
But isn't Jesus + 12 = 13?
>>
>>286495
Yeah, but I don't think it was thought of as "12 + 13".
>>
>>285892
Pretty sure this is about commandeering some guy's attic for the Last Supper.
>>285276
Jesus was called "Yiós toú Snthrópou" in the original greek, none of the words even closely resemble the greek word "ílios", their word for sun.
The zodiac argument makes no sense, there are actual records of the Apostles living and dying.
>>
>>287237
The water is used as a mark because it would be extremely odd for a man to be carrying water in that place and time. Women did that sort of thing.

The Greek word for sun starts with an eta and has a breathing mark, and so was pronounced "hayleeos" (heeleelos in modern Greek).

With the word you're referencing here, Yios, the Greek word for son, as in most cases, the Y is a transliteration of the Greek letter upsilon (which in modern Greek is pronounced like the Anglo Y, but in ancient Greek it was pronounced oo). So it would be pronounced oo-ee-os
>>
>>287447
Not sure if you where trying to add or argue with me.
Either way only the water jug part seemed to add anything. The rest was just unnecessary because Helios and Yios don't sound similar in modern or koine greek.
>>
>>287466
I was reinforcing your point.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.