[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
If there are infinite dimensions/realities, does that mean that
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 5
File: consider the following 2.jpg (69 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
consider the following 2.jpg
69 KB, 600x600
If there are infinite dimensions/realities, does that mean that every conceivable reality exists?
>>
"The past doesn't exist.
The future doesn't exist.
The present doesn't exist.
We are all bowls of jelly."
--Jaden Smith
>>
yeah
>>
>>282418
If nothing can be the same then everything existing is inevitable.
>>
>>282424
That seems a bit stupidly presumptuous
>>
That depends on whether or not actual infinities are possible. It also depends on whether or not an actual infinity necessarily contains all possible arrangements of its members.
>>
>>282427
What are some examples of things being the same
>>
>>282434
> It also depends on whether or not an actual infinity necessarily contains all possible arrangements of its members

That's nearly literally my question though
>>
>>282437
And until we have an actual infinity to inquire about and examine scientifically, there's no way to answer it.
>>
>>282418
sinPG
>>
There are an infinite amount of numbers between 0 and 1, but none of them is 2.
>>
File: 1402711803850.gif (735 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
1402711803850.gif
735 KB, 640x360
>>282441
That why theory exists my friend! Discuss, dissect, discover, theorize, etc.
>>
>>282446
I'd rather not, discussing infinity is actually not that interesting if you don't have a degree in mathematics. I have yet to find a person who could talk about it coherently. Many philosophers who treat the topic do so inadequately. I've done my best already and don't want to embarrass myself any further.
>>
>>282418
No, because there would be a reality where your dream girl builds a dimensional travel machine and appears in front of you right now. Even if it isn't possible to travel between dimensions, if there's infinite dimensions there'd be one were it was possible because infinite chances have to equal 1 at some point.

>>282444
There's an infinite amount of points between 0m and 5m, so how can you cross the street if you have to cross an infinite number of points?
>>
>>282418
>If there are infinite dimensions/realities, does that mean that every conceivable reality exists?
No, there are infinite points in a circle, but there are also points outside of a circle.
>>
>>282462
>There's an infinite amount of points between 0m and 5m, so how can you cross the street if you have to cross an infinite number of points?
Because the real world has to adhere to Plank's length, while pure mathematics does not. Luckily, the problem presented does not, as the existence of Plank's Length does not interfere with any of it.
>>
>>282469
>>282475
This desu senpai
>>
File: pendont.jpg (475 KB, 1500x1200) Image search: [Google]
pendont.jpg
475 KB, 1500x1200
>>282469
>infinite points in a circle

wait
>>
>>282469
>>282475
>>282507
But how would this disprove the mention of infinite realities?
>>
File: image.jpg (14 KB, 194x252) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
14 KB, 194x252
Yes and we live in the best of all possible worlds
>>
>>282532
Even if realities are infinite, that does not mean possibilities are infinite, because possibilities are constrained within the number of valid realities.
>>
>>282436
No physical difference.
If there is no such thing as complete physical similarity then everything must exist in a reality that is infinite (aka, infinite universes/dimensions/realities).
>>
If there are infinite numbers does that mean that every conceivable number exists? I guess Potato is a number after all.
>>
File: 9.jpg (102 KB, 476x598) Image search: [Google]
9.jpg
102 KB, 476x598
>>282536
What's up, fuccboi
>>
>>282599
Apples and oranges my friend
>>
>>282418
>>282599
>not understanding that something can be infinite without encompassing all possibilities
>>
>>282599
your post is dumb
>>
>>282418
What you think Drag-On is up to now?
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.