[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Tell me about gypsies. I'm watching Hunchback of Notre Dame,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 2
File: akane_akaza_by_scope66-d5hxdbw.png (226 KB, 1000x1110) Image search: [Google]
akane_akaza_by_scope66-d5hxdbw.png
226 KB, 1000x1110
Tell me about gypsies. I'm watching Hunchback of Notre Dame, and there seems like be some kind of mixed feelings about them. What did they do? What were they about?
>>
nomads living in settled societies

they have scorn for outsiders and despise gypsies that integrate

high crime, birth rates and incest
>>
File: VQqSBOS.jpg (201 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
VQqSBOS.jpg
201 KB, 1920x1080
>>280431
But what's wrong with incest? Was it just sinful or something? Was all of Europe ruled by religion?
>>
>>280456
>But what's wrong with incest? Was it just sinful or something?
They have a lot of defects because of inbreeding
It's sad to see desu

I think all attempts to settle and integrate them degenerated gypsies even further
>>
They are the most universally hated group of people on the planet, surpassing even the Jews in that regard. Make of that as you will.
>>
>>280497
Are or were?
>>
>>280502

Both.
>>
>>280497
Jews are smart when stealing, many authors made remarkable works of literacy to cast the light on the unnatural greed of Jewish man, that inspires and teaches fellow man no to fall into temptations of gold.

Gypsies steal cables, cut electricity, shit and puke wherever they can, live in garbage shacks alongside the rats and you can't do anything to teach them how to live like normal people.
>>
>>280524
OP here. Remember, we're talking about historically, not in today's time.
>>
>>280456
Incest is okay so long as you don't have kids
>>
>>280502
You have to know that Gypsies in America aren't the same as Gypsies in Europe. American gypsies are just eccentric, European gypsies are thieves.
>>
>>280535
Onii-chan, you've worked so hard today~!
>>
>>280531
There weren't really mixed feelings about them in the past. They were considered filthy, criminal heathens and were completely ostracized. A lot of the time they wouldn't even be allowed in cities and had to live on the edges of rural villages.
>>
>>280541
Can we conclude that that was a pretty good conception of what's historically accurate?
>>
>>280554
We have contemporary accounts of them from Europeans. Mostly complaining about their behavior, liars, thieves, shiftless, lazy, etc. They spent a good bit of time getting shuffled around Europe because no one wanted them frankly.
>>
>>280539
Pls b my gf
>>
>>280502

When was the last time the Jews were expelled from a country?
When was the last time Gypsies were expelled from a country? [spoiler]hasn't even been 6 years
>>
>>280409
Perhaps they don't steal kids from careless mothers, perhaps.

They're still filthy pocket thieves living in conditions that would make 14th century cities look like surgery rooms.

We have to send them back to Romania where they fucking belong.

>>280531
Historically many romantics were fascinated with them because muh freedom of movement and expression. Everyone else still hated them.
>>
>>280531

Ok its the exact same just replace stealing cables and cutting electricity with stealing laundry and taking crops
>>
>>282108
>We have to send them back to Romania where they fucking belong.

Try India
>>
>>282450
They're all yours, Mihai.
>>
>>282452
I'm not Romanian

And they don't belong in Romania more than anywhere else in Europe
>>
>>282457
>implying, that rest of europeans see any difference between romanians and gypsies
>>
>>280409
They're kind of like Jews in that they are a group of people who lost their native homeland (which was in India) and so dispersed among Europe, North Africa, and the Middle East.

Unlike Jews, however, they have a bunch of odd cultural laws that hinder their ability to acclimate to the modern world, mostly their nomadic lifestyle, hence a lot of them turn to theft to survive, which gives them their bad reputation.

There's also epic /int/ memes about all Romanians being Gypsies, since the proper tern for the Gypsy people, Romani, sounds similar. We called them Gypsies because it was originally thought that they came form Egypt.
>>
>>282519
>There's also epic /int/ memes about all Romanians being Gypsies
It's way beyond /int/ meme, also most Romanians do look a lot like Gypsies.
>>
They don't deserve the hate.
>>
Gypsy is a slur. They call themselves Roma/Romani.
>>
>>282582
You'll change your opinion after actually meeting one.
>>
>>282590

Been dating one for two years, anon.
>>
>>282592
Hope you nailed everything down.
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.