[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
why were the celts so damn based?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 120
Thread images: 37
File: image.jpg (72 KB, 514x325) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
72 KB, 514x325
>>
They're spanish
>>
>>266945
No they were a cultural group. An Iberian Celt would not have looked like a Pictish Celt or a Pannonian
>>
File: 1446711407424.png (264 KB, 600x677) Image search: [Google]
1446711407424.png
264 KB, 600x677
>no accomplishments whatsoever
>architecture consisted of huts
>only thing they ever did was fuck up civilization when they were integrated

doesn't look very based to me
>>
File: protoRomanWarrior.jpg (109 KB, 609x811) Image search: [Google]
protoRomanWarrior.jpg
109 KB, 609x811
>>266929
Look at how this bastard was equipped in the 4th Century BC, he looks like a 12th Century Crusader.
>>
>>267199
>>no accomplishments whatsoever
Why don't you check all the towns and cities they founded you stupid faggot.
>>
>>267207
>Why don't you check all the towns and cities they founded you stupid faggot.

you mean the villages that only became towns when romans came along?
>>
They were the most pathetic people Europe ever had to witness
>>
File: Longshanks.jpg (19 KB, 183x220) Image search: [Google]
Longshanks.jpg
19 KB, 183x220
>Celts
>>
The only Celtic group that were actually worth anything were the pre-Norman Irish. The Brehon laws were extremely sophisticated and they had a whole assembly of lawyers trained under that system.

Irish monks were the only Western Europeans during the so-called "Dark Ages" that preserved learning and taught all over Europe. They spoke Greek and Latin, converted the Anglo-Saxons into Christianity, sent scholars to Charlemagne's court.

The Viking invasions destroyed the monasteries; the places of learning and culture. This did reprehensible damage to Irish scholarship.
>>
>Kelts or Selts?
My history professor uses the latter. Thoughts?
>>
>>267260
Kelts if you're a roman from the classical times or a pedantic faggot. Selts in every other case.
>>
http://www.badassoftheweek.com/viriathus.html

Never forget
>>
>>267272
Every Irish and Scots person says KELTS. I've never heard it said Selts, except by retarded Americans who say "Boston Seltics"
>>
Thank to vikings.
>>
>>267272
Dude what, who the fuck says "selts"?
>>
>why were the celts so damn based?

Being the cumdumpsters of Europe is based now?
>>
>>267272
>Selts if youre not a faggot
>>267282
>Kelts if youre not retarded
Im just going to call them elts from now on
>>
>>267282
They can go fuck themselves though, they're meme celts and most of them don't even speak the language. It's not like celt is a celtic term, by the way. In all romance languages it evolved to selts, or a similar sound (like theltas in spanish).
>>
>>267282
I'm Irish and I've always said Selts because that's how I heard people pronouncing it.

I've only heard "Kelts" on TV.
>>
>>267281

kek

> Fabius Maximus Aemilianus, Claudius Unimanus, Quintus, Caius Marcius, and Servilanius all came out, one by one, fell for the "fake retreat" tactic, charged into traps where their armies were crushed, and ended up being either killed, demoted, or arrested for incompetence.

> When he wasn't making the highest-ranking officers in the Roman legions look like mouth-breathing retards,
>>
>>267260
>>267272
Haha.

no
>>
>>267294
the romanic languages do
>>
>>267303
I've always called Glasgow Seltic.

But never in all my life have I ever heard anyone describe the ancient peoples as Selts, its always Keltic.
>>
File: 1445738887268.jpg (39 KB, 528x492) Image search: [Google]
1445738887268.jpg
39 KB, 528x492
Daily reminder that the Irish are the pinnacle of Celtic achievement and basically the greatest race Europe has ever seen.

Literally an island full of ubermensch.
>>
File: Anglo.jpg (556 KB, 647x1024) Image search: [Google]
Anglo.jpg
556 KB, 647x1024
>>267319
lol
>>
>>267303
>I'm Irish and I've always said Selts
I'm also Irish and you're a fucking retard
>>
>>267319
Too bad they didn't get their affairs in order.

They needed to quit their tribal squabbles and consolidate under a central government. But instead, a former king of Leinster invited the Normans to come over and fuck everything up.
>>
>>267342
>They needed to quit their tribal squabbles and consolidate under a central government. But instead, a former king of Leinster invited the Normans to come over and fuck everything up.
Hey, I'm a Cambro Norman, we became more Irish than the Irish themselves.
>>
File: PA-7188383-310x415.jpg (36 KB, 310x415) Image search: [Google]
PA-7188383-310x415.jpg
36 KB, 310x415
>>267333
Anglos got REKT by the Irish at the height of their power.
And 100 years before that they basically won the Napoleonic wars for them.

Glorious Éire: 1
New Pakistan: 0
>>
>>267317
>>267303
>>267282
The football team is pronounced Seltic. All other instances are pronounced with a K sound - no ifs, ands, or buts.
>>
>>267319
>people goes to the pinnacle of celtic achievement to learn a germanic language

How kek can you get
>>
>>267319

EIREANN MASTER RACE
>>
File: evenhitler.jpg (104 KB, 243x393) Image search: [Google]
evenhitler.jpg
104 KB, 243x393
>>267317
>>267353

That's pretty dumb scotbros
>>
File: joyce.jpg (40 KB, 337x450) Image search: [Google]
joyce.jpg
40 KB, 337x450
>>267319
He's right
>>
>>267337
>The English word originates in the 17th century, taken from the Celtæ of classical Latin. Until the mid 19th century, the sole pronunciation in English was /selt/ in keeping of the treatment of the letter ⟨c⟩ inherited by Middle English from Old French and Late Latin.

It's been Selt ever since it was introduced to the English language.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Names_of_the_Celts#Pronunciation
>>
>>267349
Yes, but the Cambro-Norman foothold in Ireland is what allowed the Crown of England to conquer and subjugate Ireland.

Even the Cambro-Normans who assimilated and became the "Old English in Ireland" were oppressed by the Tudors.
>>
File: Freond.jpg (64 KB, 490x367) Image search: [Google]
Freond.jpg
64 KB, 490x367
>>267350
oi yew fookin wot m8 1v1 me irl an ill mash ur ead in swear on me mum cunt
>>
>>267364
Oh sorry I didn't know you were a filthy Anglo
>>
>>267366
The Tudors were WELSH, it was Crowmell who tore Britain apart and allowed those filthy Jews in again.
>>
>>267373
>impliying ireland is not anglo in denial
Do you speak gaeilge with your family and mates? :^)
>>
File: Laughing Lords.jpg (50 KB, 464x444) Image search: [Google]
Laughing Lords.jpg
50 KB, 464x444
>>267373
>Irishman calling another someone else filthy
>>
>>267364
>Beginning in the mid-19th century, Celtic revivalist and nationalist publications advocated imitating the pronunciation of classical Latin in the time of Julius Caesar, when Latin Celtæ was pronounced /keltai/.

>An early example of this is a short article in a November 1857 issue of The Celt, a publication of the Irish Celtic Union.

>"Of all the nations that have hitherto lived on the face of the earth, the English have the worst mode of pronouncing learned languages. This is admitted by the whole human race [...] This poor meagre sordid language resembles nothing so much as the hissing of serpents or geese. [...] The distinction which English writers are too stupid to notice, but which the Irish Grammarians are perpetually talking of, the distinction between broad and narrow vowels—governs the English language. [...] If we follow the unwritten law of the English we shall pronounce (Celt) Selt but Cæsar would pronounce it, Kaylt. Thus the reader may take which pronunciation he pleases. He may follow the rule of the Latin or the rule of the English language, and in either case be right."[22]
>>
>>267379
Pssh, Henry VII was half-Welsh and he tricked the Welsh into believing that he was Mab Darogan to enlist their support. The Tudor Conquest reestablished control over the Emerald Isle, thus ensuring more misery and woe onto its people.
>>
>>267373
Okay, but try not to look like too much of a retard using exclusively classical Latin pronunciations for every Latin loanword.
>>
>>267389
I'm a Modernist, a child of the Irish Renaissance, a lover of Hiberno-English (the Irish (improved) version of English).
>>
>>267427
So the angloest of the anglos and not more celt than the french who wank over vercingetorix and asterix, of the spaniards who praise the resistance of the numantians.
>>
>>267350
You know, the English people aren't at fault for what their foreign overlords did to Ireland over the centuries. Since 1066, England was under the rule of Normans, Plantagenets, Dutch, Germans, etc. The Anglo-Saxon peoples were brutally subjugated and their culture eviscerated until they were beaten into submission and accepted the way things were.

Before the coming of Strongbow, Ireland had good relations with England. Thank the Normans for ruining that.
>>
File: feels.jpg (46 KB, 800x539) Image search: [Google]
feels.jpg
46 KB, 800x539
>>267444
#nvr4get
#icrievrytiem
>>
>>267444
Oliver Cromwell though
>>
>>267403
Bullshit, the Tudor's had to be pardoned after the Welsh rebellion, they were literally cousins to Owain Glyndŵr.

Britain was fine until Cromwell, even the English acknowledged he was a bastard.
>>
>>267453
I don't have a drop of English, Scottish, Welsh or Irish blood but it's mind-boggling how the Normans and their Plantagenet successors fucked over Britain and Ireland with their quest for land.
>>
File: 31147124.jpg (60 KB, 900x600) Image search: [Google]
31147124.jpg
60 KB, 900x600
Anyone else love hill forts?
>>
>>267460
He was one man and even the English hated him.

>>267467
I'm well aware of the Tudor family history, but Ireland was better off if it had shaken off ties with England.
>>
File: intredasting.jpg (51 KB, 685x567) Image search: [Google]
intredasting.jpg
51 KB, 685x567
>>267444
>Before the coming of Strongbow, Ireland had good relations with England. Thank the Normans for ruining that.

Check all these names and tell me how they're not Irish.

> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hiberno-Normans#Hiberno-Norman_surnames

I have one of these names (above) I checked my DNA and found how that my autosmal DNA is connect to people in Wales.
>>
File: Blowing Stone.jpg (337 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
Blowing Stone.jpg
337 KB, 1024x768
>>267473
It still hurts m8 it still hurts real bad. . .
>>
>>267491
But even after him there was continued cuntery against Irish Catholics. The English exported food from the island during the 19th century famine. It was effectively a genocide. "God created the potato blight, but the English created the famine".
>>
>>267499
>DNA and found how that my autosmal DNA is connect to people in Wales.
found out that my autosomal DNA is connected to people in Wales.
>>
>>267444
>I don't have a drop of English, Scottish, Welsh or Irish blood but it's mind-boggling how the Normans and their Plantagenet successors fucked over Britain and Ireland with their quest for land.
We actually gave shelter to Harald's son or nephew or something after the battle of Hastings, as well as ships to retake England. Never came to anything.

>>267437
There is no difference ethnically between a Gaelophone Irishman and an Anglophone one. I speak Irish fluently but that does not make me more Irish than the guy you're talking to. Ethnic lines were drawn over religion and politics in Ireland, the language you speak is inconsequential and has been for centuries.
>>
>>267499
Irish monks and scholars went to Northumbria, thus giving birth to the Golden Age of its culture. Northumbria embraced Insular Christianity (the variant that the Irish practiced at that time) and learned the art of illuminated manuscripts. The Northumbrians made similar books like the Book of Kells.

Earl Godwin and his sons were friends with the king of Leinster at the time. His wife and Harold Godwinson's children were given sanctuary in Ireland because of such good terms between the Anglo-Saxons and Irish.

>I have one of these names (above) I checked my DNA and found how that my autosmal DNA is connect to people in Wales.
When Arthur Griffith went on an anti-English tirade against Erskine Childers, Countess Markievicz pointed out that Griffith is a Welsh surname.
>>
>>267437
>So the angloest of the anglos
Well, I'm not English. So no. Nowhere near it.
>>
>>267520
>The English
You mean the aristocracy whose ancestors were Normans, Angevins, Bretons, Aquitanians, Flemish, etc.

The average English person had nothing to do with this and didn't elect those noblemen to power.

>>267543
If the Irish, Welsh, and Scottish had aided the Anglo-Saxons after Hastings, they probably would've avoided hardships for their successors. Even the Welsh princes realized William was far more ruthless than the Anglo-Saxon kings they were used to.
>>
>>267565
>The average English person had nothing to do with this and didn't elect those noblemen to power.
Of course not, but "the average white person" was a slave driver either and we still speak in a manner that says the whites enslaved the blacks, etc. Most Irish people don't have a personal vendetta against English people but it doesn't change the fact that one culture niggerised another. I've met a disturbing amount of English people who don't know who Cromwell was or why there are Irish-English tensions.
>>
>>267637
wasn't a slave driver*
>>
>>267272
hard c, who the fuck says selt?
>>
File: 1423318130695.png (27 KB, 95x104) Image search: [Google]
1423318130695.png
27 KB, 95x104
>Celts
>Based
>>
>>267697

"Boston Seltics"

"Glasgow Seltics"
>>
File: BattleOfThermopylae.jpg (27 KB, 320x421) Image search: [Google]
BattleOfThermopylae.jpg
27 KB, 320x421
>>267700
>>
>>267565
Normans would have rekt us anyway, it's a good thing we helped Harald's sons
>>
File: brennus.png (162 KB, 251x270) Image search: [Google]
brennus.png
162 KB, 251x270
swiggity swooty
>>
File: booty.png (869 KB, 701x512) Image search: [Google]
booty.png
869 KB, 701x512
I came for this booty
>>
>>267716
>Expecting pedophilic Graeci to be a worthy adversary against burly barbarians from the north
>>
>>267342
>former king of Leinster invited the Normans to come over and fuck everything up.
But that is the most typically Celtic thing you could do
>>
>>267743
>implying Brennus wasn't defeated and personally killed in the invasion
>>
File: europa.jpg (91 KB, 1000x700) Image search: [Google]
europa.jpg
91 KB, 1000x700
>>266929
>celts
>based

More like an example for us all
>>
>>268148
I know and it pisses me off. And I'm not even Irish.

Seriously, if you invite foreigners to fight your own countrymen, fuck you.
>>
>>267482
Yeah :)
>>
>>267721
No Normans in Britain means Ireland wouldn't have them either. Unless a deposed Irish king flees to the continent and enlists their help.

A Breton Ireland is something I've always wondered. They're a Celtic people that embraced armored cavalry and castles. They probably would've modernized Ireland.
>>
File: Fedoras.png (181 KB, 1251x585) Image search: [Google]
Fedoras.png
181 KB, 1251x585
>>
File: bhbhvbgdfnh.png (6 KB, 307x310) Image search: [Google]
bhbhvbgdfnh.png
6 KB, 307x310
England and Ireland are both culturally Norman, with only slight Celtic or Anglo-Saxon undercurrents. Language is irrelevant.
>>
File: REEEEEEE.png (478 KB, 500x572) Image search: [Google]
REEEEEEE.png
478 KB, 500x572
>>271667
No.
>>
>>267272
Nobody has ever said Selts. I was at a Celtic exhibition in the British Museum two days ago.
>>
>>271671
Oh yes.
>>
File: Ruthwell_Cross.jpg (22 KB, 192x450) Image search: [Google]
Ruthwell_Cross.jpg
22 KB, 192x450
>>271677
"My son," said the Norman Baron, "I am dying, and you will be heir
To all the broad acres in England that William gave me for share
When he conquered the Saxon at Hastings, and a nice little handful it is.
But before you go over to rule it I want you to understand this:–

"The Saxon is not like us Normans. His manners are not so polite.
But he never means anything serious till he talks about justice and right.
When he stands like an ox in the furrow – with his sullen set eyes on your own,
And grumbles, 'This isn't fair dealing,' my son, leave the Saxon alone.

"You can horsewhip your Gascony archers, or torture your Picardy spears;
But don't try that game on the Saxon; you'll have the whole brood round your ears.
From the richest old Thane in the county to the poorest chained serf in the field,
They'll be at you and on you like hornets, and, if you are wise, you will yield.

"But first you must master their language, their dialect, proverbs and songs.
Don't trust any clerk to interpret when they come with the tale of their wrongs.
Let them know that you know what they're saying; let them feel that you know what to say.
Yes, even when you want to go hunting, hear 'em out if it takes you all day.

They'll drink every hour of the daylight and poach every hour of the dark.
It's the sport not the rabbits they're after (we've plenty of game in the park).
Don't hang them or cut off their fingers. That's wasteful as well as unkind,
For a hard-bitten, South-country poacher makes the best man- at-arms you can find.

"Appear with your wife and the children at their weddings and funerals and feasts.
Be polite but not friendly to Bishops; be good to all poor parish priests.
Say 'we,' 'us' and 'ours' when you're talking, instead of 'you fellows' and 'I.'
Don't ride over seeds; keep your temper; and never you tell 'em a lie!"
>>
>>271696
What is this? Fanfiction?
>>
File: Kells Christogram.jpg (518 KB, 1077x1473) Image search: [Google]
Kells Christogram.jpg
518 KB, 1077x1473
>>271736
Poetry.
>>
>>267260
In my nation we use the latter.
No we don't speak english.
>>
File: Sweord.jpg (329 KB, 1100x766) Image search: [Google]
Sweord.jpg
329 KB, 1100x766
>>271777
Yes you do.
>>
>>271677
depends if you consider the Plantagenet and resulting Tudor family as formative of the modern period in Britain, the Tudor family were Welsh in origin and had Celtic ancestry.
>>
>>271811
Not to mention the folk remember regardless of who sat on the throne.
>>
>>271789
http://templ.net/english/weapons-antiquity_and_early_middle_age.php
>>
>>271696
>Be polite but not friendly to Bishops

Wise advice, that.

Who wroth is, anon? Tis quite good.
>>
>>267260
Over here in France, Celts are reffered to as "Celtes" (pronounced as if the "c" was an "s").
>>
>>266980
Iberos and celtas are not the same.
But there were "Celtiberos" mixes of both.
>>
File: Alfred-the-Great-statue-014.jpg (477 KB, 2560x1536) Image search: [Google]
Alfred-the-Great-statue-014.jpg
477 KB, 2560x1536
>>272469
>Who wroth is, anon?

Kipling lad.

If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you,
If you can trust yourself when all men doubt you,
But make allowance for their doubting too;
If you can wait and not be tired by waiting,
Or being lied about, don’t deal in lies,
Or being hated, don’t give way to hating,
And yet don’t look too good, nor talk too wise:

If you can dream—and not make dreams your master;
If you can think—and not make thoughts your aim;
If you can meet with Triumph and Disaster
And treat those two impostors just the same;
If you can bear to hear the truth you’ve spoken
Twisted by knaves to make a trap for fools,
Or watch the things you gave your life to, broken,
And stoop and build ’em up with worn-out tools:

If you can make one heap of all your winnings
And risk it on one turn of pitch-and-toss,
And lose, and start again at your beginnings
And never breathe a word about your loss;
If you can force your heart and nerve and sinew
To serve your turn long after they are gone,
And so hold on when there is nothing in you
Except the Will which says to them: ‘Hold on!’

If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue,
Or walk with Kings—nor lose the common touch,
If neither foes nor loving friends can hurt you,
If all men count with you, but none too much;
If you can fill the unforgiving minute
With sixty seconds’ worth of distance run,
Yours is the Earth and everything that’s in it,
And—which is more—you’ll be a Man, my son!
>>
File: Mask.jpg (282 KB, 701x960) Image search: [Google]
Mask.jpg
282 KB, 701x960
>>272027
Thank you.
>>
File: batavians.png (46 KB, 681x295) Image search: [Google]
batavians.png
46 KB, 681x295
>>271789
Someone saved it <3

Anyways, Germanic pride anyone?
>>
File: Anglo Saxon Drinking Horn.jpg (1 MB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
Anglo Saxon Drinking Horn.jpg
1 MB, 1600x1200
>>272756
Prosit!
>>
>>272685
I was gonna guess Kipling, but since it was Kipling I hadn't read yet, I was unsure.

And kudos for posting "If", because best poem.
>>
File: Anglo-Saxon Cross.jpg (48 KB, 440x503) Image search: [Google]
Anglo-Saxon Cross.jpg
48 KB, 440x503
>>273471
It was not part of their blood,
It came to them very late,
With long arrears to make good,
When the Saxon began to hate.

They were not easily moved,
They were icy — willing to wait
Till every count should be proved,
Ere the Saxon began to hate.

Their voices were even and low.
Their eyes were level and straight.
There was neither sign nor show

It was not preached to the crowd.
It was not taught by the state.
No man spoke it aloud

It was not suddently bred.
It will not swiftly abate.
Through the chilled years ahead,
When Time shall count from the date
That the Saxon began to hate.
>>
File: WASP.jpg (439 KB, 452x624) Image search: [Google]
WASP.jpg
439 KB, 452x624
Gold is for the mistress -- silver for the maid --
Copper for the craftsman cunning at his trade."
"Good!" said the Baron, sitting in his hall,
"But Iron -- Cold Iron -- is master of them all."

So he made rebellion 'gainst the King his liege,
Camped before his citadel and summoned it to siege.
"Nay!" said the cannoneer on the castle wall,
"But Iron -- Cold Iron -- shall be master of you all!"

Woe for the Baron and his knights so strong,
When the cruel cannon-balls laid 'em all along;
He was taken prisoner, he was cast in thrall,
And Iron -- Cold Iron -- was master of it all!

Yet his King spake kindly (ah, how kind a Lord!)
"What if I release thee now and give thee back thy sword?"
"Nay!" said the Baron, "mock not at my fall,
For Iron -- Cold Iron -- is master of men all."

"Tears are for the craven, prayers are for the clown --
Halters for the silly neck that cannot keep a crown."
"As my loss is grievous, so my hope is small,
For Iron -- Cold Iron -- must be master of men all!"

Yet his King made answer (few such Kings there be!)
"Here is Bread and here is Wine -- sit and sup with me.
Eat and drink in Mary's Name, the whiles I do recall
How Iron -- Cold Iron -- can be master of men all!"

He took the Wine and blessed it. He blessed and brake the Bread.
With His own Hands He served Them, and presently He said:
"See! These Hands they pierced with nails, outside My city wall,
Show Iron -- Cold Iron -- to be master of men all."

"Wounds are for the desperate, blows are for the strong.
Balm and oil for weary hearts all cut and bruised with wrong.
I forgive thy treason -- I redeem thy fall --
For Iron -- Cold Iron -- must be master of men all!"

"Crowns are for the valiant -- sceptres for the bold!
Thrones and powers for mighty men who dare to take and hold!"
"Nay!" said the Baron, kneeling in his hall,
"But Iron -- Cold Iron -- is master of men all!
Iron out of Calvary is master of men all!"
>>
>>267281
Viriathis was Lusitanian, they were a pre-celt indoeuropean people, not very related to the any kind of thing you could call a celt.
>>
>>266929
>Even Caesar said his German auxiliaries were better warriors

Top laugh.
>>
>>274018
Fuck romans they were a bunch of degenerates
>>
>>267404
.... how were you taught latin? Most instructors teach classical pronunciation.
>>
File: 298.jpg (26 KB, 402x402) Image search: [Google]
298.jpg
26 KB, 402x402
>>266929
>tfw used to be the majority of europe
>now confined to the corners of britain and france
>>
Gauls were the real celts, inbred insular british aren't celts.
>>
>>275546
Don't worry, pretty soon Muslims will be the majority of europe
>>
>>275474
>the celts weren't
>>
So /celt/

Is it "selt" or "kelt"?
>>
>>267260
>Selts
It's a hard c you cunt. It's from a fucking Greek word anyway, Keltoi.

t.proud celt
>>
>>275546
What is Ireland
>>
File: 1438919223007.png (73 KB, 454x453) Image search: [Google]
1438919223007.png
73 KB, 454x453
>>275651
>what is britain
>>
File: 1445050231716.jpg (60 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
1445050231716.jpg
60 KB, 640x640
>>275659
>Britain
>Ireland
>>
File: 1445260712073s.jpg (3 KB, 124x105) Image search: [Google]
1445260712073s.jpg
3 KB, 124x105
>>275675
>implying britain isn't the british isles
>>
>>267199
source

now
>>
>>275675
British Isles, bro
>>
>>275607
Then why don't you pronunce the -oi ?
Because it's not part of the english word ? Neither is the k-.
>>
>>267244
>converted the Anglo-Saxons to Christanity

Augustine of Canterbury was not Irish.
>>
File: Cuinbattle.jpg (801 KB, 994x1432) Image search: [Google]
Cuinbattle.jpg
801 KB, 994x1432
>>266929
Cú Chulainn, also called Cuchulain, Cuchulinn, or Cuchullin is the central character of the Ulster (Ulaid) cycle in the in medieval Irish mythology and literature. He was the greatest of the Knights of the Red Branch and had magical powers. His name means "Culann's hound“.

Pic related going into battle in the Táin Bó Cúailnge, which was said to have begun at Samhain.
Thread replies: 120
Thread images: 37

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.