[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Who had the most interesting suicide in history?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3
Who had the most interesting suicide in history?
>>
File: hijackers1.jpg (21 KB, 345x307) Image search: [Google]
hijackers1.jpg
21 KB, 345x307
>>
>>25790
Actually this, at least for recent history.
>>
Do you mean people who were forced into it by social norms/political requirements like Antony, or ones who truly wanted to end their life?
>>
File: Marcus_Porcius_Cato.jpg (25 KB, 348x717) Image search: [Google]
Marcus_Porcius_Cato.jpg
25 KB, 348x717
>According to Plutarch, Cato attempted to kill himself by stabbing himself with his own sword, but failed to do so due to an injured hand. Plutarch wrote:

>Cato did not immediately die of the wound; but struggling, fell off the bed, and throwing down a little mathematical table that stood by, made such a noise that the servants, hearing it, cried out. And immediately his son and all his friends came into the chamber, where, seeing him lie weltering in his own blood, great part of his bowels out of his body, but himself still alive and able to look at them, they all stood in horror. The physician went to him, and would have put in his bowels, which were not pierced, and sewed up the wound; but Cato, recovering himself, and understanding the intention, thrust away the physician, plucked out his own bowels, and tearing open the wound, immediately expired
>>
>>25820
both I guess
>>
Does the death of Emperor Nero count as a suicide?
>>
>>25773
Does Socrates count? Does Jesus count?
>>
>>25773
Stop posting my husbando without permission.
>>
>>25773
Zhang Xianzhang, an Anti-Manchu Rebel from 1600's China, did this when he lost.
>Ordered army to kill people of his province (Sichuan)
>Ordered soldiers to kill his ministers
>Ordered soldiers to kill each other.
>Wrote this poem before killing himself.
Heaven brings forth innumerable things to nurture man.
Man has nothing good with which to recompense Heaven.
Kill. Kill. Kill. Kill. Kill. Kill. Kill.
>>
>>25773
The defenders of Masada.
>>
>>25981
Zhang Xianzhong didn't kill himself, he was allegedly shot dead at the Battle of 平川陕. The Monument of Seven Kills is without evidence, basically a scurrilous myth turned pseudohistory. He did massively contributed to the drastic decline of Sichuan's population; shit went crazy ugly throughout that time period.
>>
>>25773
Aaron Schwarz
>>
R. Budd Dwyer
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.