[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/sci/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (162 KB, 416x416) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
162 KB, 416x416
What does /his/ think of /sci/?
Does /his/ like /sci/?
Do you think /his/ would be better with more /sci/?
>>>/sci/
>>
>>425555
>Do you think /his/ would be better with more /sci/?
Yes desu., i'd rather have scifaggots than cunts posting religious & philosophical threads on /his/
>>
I wish they took their religious/fedora shitposting back
>>
File: sci-OP.png (87 KB, 661x953) Image search: [Google]
sci-OP.png
87 KB, 661x953
I used to post a lot on /sci/ curing it's first year and a half as a board. It was great back then. But the constant flow of stuck up freshman science majors killed the board. They thought the fact that they were pursuing a hard science degree meant they were big shit so they poo-pood all speculative discussion. A board of nothing but discussion with actual scientific merit would have been something of value, but by getting rid of the anons taking part in speculative threads they killed /sci/'s post frequency. They lost the heart the the board used to have along with a lot of the people with legit knowledge in the sciences.

/his/ stands to suffer the same fate if it isn't flexible enough. I'm hopeful though. History majors seem less stuck up than physics majors.
>>
>>425585
I think /his/ was partly meant to become a containment board for religious discussion though.
>>
>>425598
Then they should have made /rel/ or /phl/ board instead,
>>
One of the insights on science you get from history (if you look into it) is how totally dependent the progress of science is on accumulated knowledge. Pretty much nothing of any consequence could have been invented any earlier than it was, even if you went back in time and told people exactly how to do it.
>>
>>425598
/his/ seems to be 95% history 5% philosophy. Religious discussions are almost always about the history of religion.
>>
>>425627
Good for you for ignoring bait threads. Keep up the good work. That said, you are wrong.
>>
>>425611
No one was asking for such boards because no one would want to post in such boards. That's what containment boards are. They are leper colonies.

However people were asking for /his/ and tacking on "humanities" seemed like taking out two birds with one stone.
>>
>>425651
and you cause another problem when /his/ is filled with religion shitposting and fedora tipping and the people wanting to discuss history are still fucked.
>>
>>425685
That sounds like a YOU problem, not a 4chan moderation problem.
>>
>>425555

Hume, Russell, Popper, Kuhn, Lakatos, Feyerabend
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.