[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/alt/ - Alternate History General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3
File: War Elephants.jpg (334 KB, 820x820) Image search: [Google]
War Elephants.jpg
334 KB, 820x820
Hopefully this won't be cancer. To all the armchair /his/torians out there that love to speculate: What would be some of the implications of a world where Carthage beat Rome?
>>
File: 1407815665354.jpg (878 KB, 986x1369) Image search: [Google]
1407815665354.jpg
878 KB, 986x1369
Elephants tanks? I dunno
>>
>>23357
>Hopefully this won't be cancer
>General
>>
Is this thread about actual army generals, or are you starting another terrible trend of continuous threads?
>>
Didn't Hannibal try to set up a league of northern Italian city-states act as a counter-weight towards Rome?

And honestly it would probably have to be a crushing victory, or Rome would've been back at it within a few decades
>>
I suggest that maybe Africa or more specifically North Africa would be a lot more developed and the continent would be more well-developed today.
>>
>>23357
To be honest there would not be much difference except in the point of view that we get. Carthage would soon fit into the role of Rome, our history would be based on their understanding as they took over the Mediterranean. Might even take after the Greeks more than Rome would if that's possible.

Also it'd put the center of ancient culture in Tunisia so y'know that would bring a lot with it.
>>
>>23357

More ritualistic child sacrifice in our lives
>>
More gigantic elephants
>>
no generals per the sticky
>>
>>23414
Doubtful, considering Rome also developed N. Africa. From what I understand the problems them stem from expansion of the Sahara, which I doubt the Carthaginians would have been able to stop any better than Romans.
>>
File: METAL_SLUG_3_Artwork_9.jpg (337 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
METAL_SLUG_3_Artwork_9.jpg
337 KB, 1920x1080
We get Metal Slug 3 Elephant
>>
>>23829
It's discouraged not forbidden. There's also the Revisionism general in the catalog, and it hasn't been set upon by the mods.
>>23434
Good answer.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.