[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What do denominations which claim the Catholic Church as the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 8
File: bible-04.jpg (224 KB, 1050x1050) Image search: [Google]
bible-04.jpg
224 KB, 1050x1050
What do denominations which claim the Catholic Church as the Whore of Babylon have to say about the Orthodox? Are they some sort of corrupted proto-Church?
>>
File: QuickMemo+_2015-12-03-02-59-07.png (169 KB, 480x782) Image search: [Google]
QuickMemo+_2015-12-03-02-59-07.png
169 KB, 480x782
>>366336
Catholic church maybe, but i think the whore of babylon has to do with a new age occult scheme that has been kept hidden since even before Jesus's times and is being revived in present day

>pic related

also, anyone find it weird the church tries to hold Jesus and God as exclusive? You don't need religion and church and a label of what type of "christian" you are you can just know God and Jesus yourself
>>
>>366336
I'm pretty sure most Prots don't even know the Orthodox Churches exist.
>>
>>366570
this. In the West if you say you're an Orthodox, other Christians will think you're an Orthodox Jew.

My subdeacon was in that same situation at this food factory tour. The tour guide started bragging how the company is kosher compliant after that.
>Be subdeacon
>Observes all the women (some probably menstruating) working around the factory and handling food being processed.
>Told that factory is Kosher compliant
>Decides to correct tour guide on propper kosher laws since own father is a Jew
>Tour guide's face goes blue screen

That Kosher tax Americans pay is a gross violation of "Separation of Church and State"
>>
File: Babylion_the_Great.jpg (2 MB, 2970x1624) Image search: [Google]
Babylion_the_Great.jpg
2 MB, 2970x1624
>>366439
The Whore of Babylon implies that she has had a previous relationship with God and fallen into Idolatry. Both Idolatry and Adultery is seen being matching parallels with being yoked in marriage and having a personal relationship with God. She is also known as the slayer of prophets.

Let us also remember that Rome was a Pagan city first, and thus was never "married" to God. She also has more than just seven hills surrounding her.

There is one city who has the qualifications as the whore of Babylon, and she will have the Temple where the antichrist will declare himself as god.
>>
>>366439
>Anyone find it weird the church tries to hold Jesus and God as exclusive?
No. Because of the Apostolic Creed summarizes the confusion of the faith.

>You don't need religion and church and a label of what type of "christian" you are you can just know God and Jesus yourself.
"Muslims and Mormons are actually Christians confirmed!"
>>
I don't think there are specific denominations that specifically include "the Catholic church in the whore of Babylon" in their doctrine
>>
>>367111
Just about every Pope since the reformation has been labeled the antichrist by Protestants.
>>
>>367030
I live in California and we have a Greek Orthodox church here in Riverside
>>
>>367102
Apostolic Creed also makes sense I really like it a lot and I love God and Jesus and I feel a strong relationship to them. I really don't need church.
>>
>>367121
I never said that isn't true. I'd have to be deaf and blind to deny that.
Which specific denomination includes it as a part of doctrine though, as OP implied?
>>
File: 1449145880978-0.png (3 MB, 2560x2739) Image search: [Google]
1449145880978-0.png
3 MB, 2560x2739
>>367125
>I don't need help or spiritual guidance
Your journey is a long one. Remember that the Church is there for a reason. Till then here's your study guide if you wish to take the journey alone.
>>
>>367140
Been there already i used to work funeral masses i really am content with my spirituality and my relationship to God without church.

But for the non believer you really want to believe go to a few masses and stuff it'll give you a bit more perspective
>>
>>367156
You can never be content with your spiritual journey. There is always something more.
>>
>>367129
Seventh Day Adventists, I believe.
>>
>>367168
That's why it is ever expanding.
>>
>>367125
>Loves Apostle's Creed
>Claims he doesn't need a Church.
>>
>>367194
>one holy catholic and apostolic church
Or
>one holy group of people who appreciate the same essence of religious conduct
>>
>>367140
Please don't yell at me everyone, but does anyone have a Protestant version of this?
>>
>>366336
The Orthodox are on of many corrupted churches, but they aren't Rome.
>>
>>367205
That's universalism you Kabbalah heretic.
>>
>>367068
>The Whore of Babylon implies that she has had a previous relationship with God and fallen into Idolatry.
Explain.
>>
File: 1449145880979-1.png (548 KB, 640x1000) Image search: [Google]
1449145880979-1.png
548 KB, 640x1000
>>367206
No. Solo Scriptoria and all that m8. :^)
>>
>>367240
Yeah i really dont look into kabalah either or universalism i think people should appreciate jesus who's main goal is to get us back to God and find our way Home.
>>
>>367242
She cheated on God for idols and false gods.
>>
File: QuickMemo+_2015-12-03-03-05-23.png (151 KB, 480x782) Image search: [Google]
QuickMemo+_2015-12-03-03-05-23.png
151 KB, 480x782
>>367267
It is also part of the pagan mystery religion

>pic related

I think they follow the lineage of Cain when it comes to esoteric knowledge, and what is interesting is that many of these things would be hidden from the general public so not to arise suspicion
>>
>>367030
>Kosher tax
Are you not aware that this doesn't exist? "Kosher tax" is just a Neo-Nazi meme.
>>
>>367206
Which kind of protestant?
>>
>>367305
Calvinist preferably. I'll settle for Presbyterian or Baptist though
>>
>>367293
Well in a sense it's true because people are paying more for Kosher products even though many people who use them are not religious. The State Departments of Agriculture or Consumer Affairs have to spend money on investigations and trials if somebody tries to pass Non-Kosher items as Kosher.

Enforcement should be paid by the synagogues, and not with state funds, because it's essentially a private function. Interestingly enough when ICE, raided the biggest Kosher meat producer in Iowa they found that workers were mistreated and the conditions in the plant were filthy. So even Kosher doesn't guarantee product quality.
>>
>>367344
That seems like any standard truth in advertising case. If you claim your product is X, there needs to be someone who comes around every once in a while to ensure your advertising isn't false. Just because the advertisement is towards a religious group doesn't mean they should be exempt from that.
>>
>>367121
Not only every Pope, but every American president and most of the Russian ones too.

Protties gon prot
>>
>>366336
>What do denominations which claim the Catholic Church as the Whore of Babylon have to say about the Orthodox?
"What is that?"
>>
>>367030
You should replace the Ewoks with those people from Star Trek with half their bodies white and half of it black.
>>
>>367344
Cool. Can you agree that the inspection of products containing wheat, rice, legumes, melons, squashes, grapes, corn, or spices should be paid for privately, not with state funds then?
>>
>>367129
Lutherans
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.