[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why were the Janissaries so glorious?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: GLORY.jpg (614 KB, 783x1061) Image search: [Google]
GLORY.jpg
614 KB, 783x1061
>>
>>19164
>Kidnapped little boys
Indeed
>>
>>19206
Say what you will about the Ottomans, but they were true boipucci connoisseurs.
>>
>>19206

RAHHH TO MAKE THEM INTO GREAT WARRIORS YAAAHH JUST THINKING ABOUT WARRING GIVES ME A GREAT ANIMALISTIC HARD-ON!!!!
>>
The fact that a "mob" of slaves and prisoners were turned into a brutal fighting force that began to even worry the Sultanate with their power was very surprising.
>>
They were celibate, weren't they? Did they not rape when pillaging? What was their incentive for fighting?
>>
>>19164
kidnapped slave soldiers

They were the clonetroopers/sardaukar of their day.

>>19297
No. They had kids, which became a problem later on.
>>
>>19297

They were trained from a very young age, so loyalty to the Sultan was probably all they've ever known.
>>
>>19206
>Kidnapped
When it's done by the state, it's conscription
>>
>>19456
It was still forced.
>>
>>19686
By the state, yes. Like the difference between murder and execution.
>>
>>19847
Doesn't conspire with what op said as it doesn't make it right.
>>
>>19164
that fucking hat, holy shit

this is beyond tf2 levels of absurd
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.