[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What do Jews believe in? Are they just sitting around waiting
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 6
File: 1422590437336.jpg (232 KB, 1024x683) Image search: [Google]
1422590437336.jpg
232 KB, 1024x683
What do Jews believe in?

Are they just sitting around waiting for the messiah? Heaven? Hell?

What is their main book? Old Testament? Talmud? Cabala? Zohar?

What is Judaism all about?
>>
>>15070
As suicidal as this is, /pol/ is the place for you to ask this question, not /his/
>>
>>15100
I just asked this question and everyone told me to fuck off here
>>
>>15100
Oh and why is that?
How is that not a legitimately question?
How does this belong on /pol/, when it's historcial?

>>15070
I think you should listen to Shyne Po. I think he explains it pretty good in his progressive empowering rap songs :)
>>
File: 1315689957604.jpg (7 KB, 240x240) Image search: [Google]
1315689957604.jpg
7 KB, 240x240
>>15126
Yeah no >>>/pol/54812196
You got some very good answers in there.
>>
Jew here. inb4 LOL MUH SHEKELS.
-Correct, Jews have never accepted Jesus as the messiah, and are still waiting around for the first coming. If a Jew tells you they believe in Jesus, they're one of those weird Messianic guys from the south who are almost always illegitamite converts. Much of temple liturgy is messiah oriented. To say that's all is incorrect though.
-Almost no Jews believe in hell. There are some old stories of some weird pit where you face your wrongdoings, but as a general rule Judaism is very worldly based. Jewish law primarily concerns natural law, food, and economic customs. The way I had it described to me is that God is a bubble of perfection, and we are an imperfect smaller bubble floating on top, only seeing the surface. But as that bridge is gapped, the two become one.
-This is a perfect oppurtunity to make sure everyone here knows that Judaism is not united as a religion, and is split primarily between Orthodox and Reform, as well as several flavors inbetween.
-The Talmud are the primary books. Which is the "old testament" plus writings from the time of prophecy. Saying old testament in a Jewish context doesn't really make sense, given the absence of a new one.
-Kaballa is an esoteric magicy branch of Judaism that believes in reincarnation and stuff, their text is the Zohar which was written in a cave.
-Honestly? Judaism is about the preservation of an innately spiritual culture whose existence has been threatened many times. Jews are often secular at heart, but continue it all anyways. A lot of us, like me, don't even really approve of Israel.
>>
>>16458
What happens when you die?
>>
>>16458
Do you hate all whites for the atrocities (exiles, mass killings, individual persecutions) of the last two millennia?
>>
File: image.jpg (103 KB, 700x319) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
103 KB, 700x319
>>16458
Why don't you just let it go? As a former Christian I now feel like spirituality is more limiting than empowering. I would never maintain Christian traditions just because I grew up with them, despite my denomination's history of persecution. To non-theistic jews do it out of stubbornness, personal need for but not faith in a higher power, or just for that sweet, sweet, nepotism?
>>
>>16458
If you're still confused, remember that we came first, and borrowing Jesus and Satan and other uniquely Christian or Muslim things, we usually believe similarly. At the end of the day, those two religions are just Judaism +
>>
I'm a jew and even i dont know what the fuck my religion is about senpai
>>
>>15070
Jews believe that everyone else but them are subhumans. That's why they want the goyim to racemix. To dumb them down.
>>
Please go away, /pol/.
>>
File: athiest-jews.png (425 KB, 846x612) Image search: [Google]
athiest-jews.png
425 KB, 846x612
>>16458
>if a jew believes in jesus they're not a real jew
>meanwhile there are atheist jews and buddhist jews and irreligious agnostic/deist 'reform jews', no one calls them out as not being real jews
Why is a Jew believing in Jesus as messiah the one thing that will cause other Jews to throw you away like trash?
>>
>>16551
*shrugs*
>>16557
I don't think anyone alive has participated in any major genocides, and most Jews are doing pretty well, so...
>>16561
Well I don't find Judaism limiting since I don't do much with it other than holidays.That's the really funny thing about the conspiracy theories honestly.
>>
>>16695
>I don't do much with it other than holidays
Why do that? I don't celebrate Easter or reformation day, because I don't think there's anything about those days to celebrate. That my parents celebrate them means very little to me. That's what I mean, not implicating you in a conspiracy. Are old Jewish people just more intense about making young people follow traditions?
>>
>>16691
an atheist jew is just someone saying they don't really believe in god but still enjoy the culture they were brought up in and want to remain a part of that community

a jew who believes in the divinity of christ is a christian
>>
File: 1446170605430.png (46 KB, 501x828) Image search: [Google]
1446170605430.png
46 KB, 501x828
>>15070

The thing that unites all the strands of judaism is judaeocentrism. They might disagree on the particulars of *how* to get the Jews ahead, but they are all on the same page in terms of sentiment.

I don't begrudge them this. It is very natural to look out for your racial interests first. If I have any quibble, it is simply that attempts to *disguise* this fact are highly subversive and carry many unintended consequences.

Pretty much every other ethnicity is the same way in fact, in terms of ethnic self-interest. except white people. What the fuck white people, get with the program.
>>
>>16691
Didn't mean to imply that senpai. It's just usually the case. If you were born Jewish and you believe in Jesus you're still ethnically Jewish. I'm just saying if you stop in by your local Messianic convention it's going to be Southern Irish-Scots guys who like pretty candle things and hats and want to incorporate those in their Baptist church.
>>
>>15100
you are wrong. nothing about OPs question was political. in fact it falls under 'humanities and religion' which /his/ entails. you should probably go to another board.
>>15070
>What do Jews believe in?
exploiting the goyim and being greedy manipulative parasites
>>
>>16856
I'm jewish, I don't believe in those things
>>
>>16792
fun things are fun
>>
>>16879
i dont believe you.
>>
File: 1432695821536.jpg (11 KB, 249x243) Image search: [Google]
1432695821536.jpg
11 KB, 249x243
>>15070
So my thread about history being cyclical or linear gets deleted for not being "quality enough for the community" but this gets to stay?

Jesus Christ
>>
>>16695
How do i get a qt jewish gf as a goyim?
>>
>>15100
>religion is politics
fuck

off
>>
>>16837
Literally no races are like that as a single race and haven't been since the separation of race from the idea of nation states.
>>
>>16884
But those things separate people along lines that become political and violent. Have a conscience dude.
>>
>>16848
Yes but Jewish groups are fervently against groups like Jews for Jesus trying to tell Jews about Christ, and they insist you can't be a Jew and also believe in Jesus as the Messiah. And yet there are Orthodox Jewish groups who believe the Messiah has already come (i.e. Chabad/Lubavichers who believe Menachem Mendel Schneerson was the Messiah), and they are accepted as Jews and the groups who loudly protest Messianic Jewish groups say nothing about these people. I don't know why the rejection of Christ seems to be such a central tenet of Judaism.
>>
>>16946
Your thread sounds pretty stupid desu
>>
>>17057
those groups= ethnically jewish
jews for jesus= not ethnically jewish
I never tried hiding that Judaism is a race thing.

Or maybe it's just that Christians are the dominant force on the planet. Give an inch and they'll take a mile.
>>
There's a city in Morocco the Jews painted blue because its how they envision heaven. It's not really talked about in the OT most likely because it went without saying they believed in the after life
>>
>>17556
Lol, stupid kikes
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NyzXvsstg8s

Michael Hoffman tells you all you need to know about the Jews.
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.