[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do people believe that God is something complex? If you read
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1
File: drmanhattanfromtrailer.jpg (150 KB, 550x478) Image search: [Google]
drmanhattanfromtrailer.jpg
150 KB, 550x478
Why do people believe that God is something complex?
If you read the main holy books. It is clear that God did not create universe and does not control all directly, he is the Cause of everything. Not a creator. God is the reason that the first "domino had fallen". The First Cause should be the easiest phenomenon which only can be, not a most complex.
>>
MOST PERSONS AT ANY TIME IN HISTORY ARE EITHER ILLITERATE, OR MENTALLY IMPAIRED TO SOME DEGREE, OR BOTH, THEREFORE THEY ARE UNABLE TO COMPREHEND METAPHYSICAL, OR EVEN COMPLEX PHYSICAL, CONCEPTS.

ALSO, CONSIDER THE AFOREMENTIONED BESIDE THE FACT THAT IDEOLOGICAL POLLUTION IS ALWAYS A GIVEN, WHICH CORRUPTS THE PRINCIPLES OF THE IDEOLOGICAL SYSTEM, AND OCCLUDES TRUTH WITH FALSITY.
>>
>>1428359
Define 'complex?'
>>
>>1428359
Simple people create simple godheads.
>>
>>1428359
I fucking hated that movie. The plot and setting were just complete shit.

>Guyz we super heroes!!1! :DD
>Oh vey we gotta use our powers for good
>I gotz to nuke everyone to save da day!
>>
>>1428700
Literally only one character was an actual superhero, and he mostly just wanted people to leave him alone
>>
>>1428724
No, in the movie, putting on a costume means that you can rip people's arms out of their sockets, and take on like 20 dudes at a time.
>>
>>1428742
No it doesnt. Exaggerated violence is not the same thing as superpowers, everyone except for the blue guy were normal(ish) human beings
>>
>>1428749
>No it doesnt. Exaggerated violence is not the same thing as superpowers
That's more of a super power than Captain America has.
>>
>>1428751
Captain america has superhuman strength, superhuman reflexes, superhuman toughness and probably some other shit im not aware of. The guys in watchmen were just really good at fighting
>>
>>1428447
Why do you have to speak in all caps?
>>
>>1428700
The comic was better
>>
>>1428760
Ir was. Although I actually thought the plot of the movie made a bit more sense
>>
>>1428764
The ending I should say
>>
>>1428756
>Captain america has superhuman strength, superhuman reflexes, superhuman toughness and probably some other shit im not aware of
All of which the people in Watchmen have. The did feats which are literally impossible for a human to perform.

>>1428764
It didn't make more sense but it was 'neater'. If you examine it for a few minutes, it introduces a number of problems, and makes Ozymandias's plan rely entirely on John agreeing with him, which also makes his need to hide his plan from John make no sense.

It does however, introduce no new elements into the plot at the last minute, which does ease things. Though I suspect it was half failed execution in the forshadowing in the book, I think the squid coming out of left field is part of the point: A supervillain's plan wouldn't seem like a reasonable course of event. That's why it's his secret plan. If he's have decent, the heroes won't have any idea what the fuck he was up to.
>>
>>1428359
>If you read the main holy books. It is clear that God did not create
>"In the beginning God created..."
I'm not a christian but this is nonsense.
>>
> Why do people believe that God is something complex?
Because they use him as justification of their relatively complex doctrines. You can't really derive that from trivial God.
>>
>>1428792
> feats which are literally impossible
Only Ozymandias does that by catching bullet.
>>
>>1428850
Night Owl, using no leverage and nothing holding the man in place, just breaks a larger man's arm so hard there is an external fracture. That means he's got like spiderman tier strength. No human being on earth can do that.
>>
>>1428874
Perhaps, movie was really exaggerated a little with how strong they are.
>>
>>1428359
>In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth.

The very first fucking sentence you dunce.
>>
>>1428902
Exaggerated from what? The real persons?
>>
>>1428912
From comic book?
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.