[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why did every man going out in public in the 1920s have to wear
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: 2.jpg (1 MB, 3000x2289) Image search: [Google]
2.jpg
1 MB, 3000x2289
Why did every man going out in public in the 1920s have to wear a black 3 piece suit with a tie and hat? In the 1930s, you started seeing men wear suits with no vests, shirts with ties with no jacket, leather jackets, men with no hats, and other things. And then in the late 40s you started seeing men wear suits and shirts of varying colors, more men with no hats, and obviously this trend in clothing diversity continued to today. But why was there zero diversity in the prosperous 20s?
>>
>>1424055
>why do I have such a huge retard hat that I prance around in 24/7?
We may never know. Just because you only see pictures where cameramen were hired in that age does not mean that "every man" did it.
You didn't wear a fucking suit if you worked in a mine, you braindead fuckfool.
>>
>>1424059
Uhhh, I said in public? Like meaning downtown out in the city? Why are you being such a dick for no reason
>>
>>1424061
Because you are a fucking cancer which has to be removed from this board, scumbag
>>
>>1424061
Why are you such a fucking mouthbreathing cunthuffer? "Every man going out in public" was not just the fucking cunts in the few urban areas that had cameras around to photograph.
You must have forgotten which holes the tampons go in, because it a typical human no effort to smell the festering hole in your shit-stained logic.
>>
>>1424059
You're a fucking lowlife. You just attack some guy curious about history. People like you don't belong on this board.

And to OP, I know what you mean when you say the expected clothing for going out got more casual. I don't know why but I guess people in the depression of the 30s couldn't afford nice tailored suits and the more casual clothing trends stuck even after the depression.
>>
>>1424071
yeah i remember when my last suit wore out right when 2008 turned around
the great recession man came around and was slashing up all our suits so we had to buy new ones
>>
>>1424071
Thanks, but more than that one guy don't like my question I guess. I'll just try to go figure it out somewhere else. Sorry
>>
>>1424070
it takes**
For fuck's sake, the cancer is spreading to my brain
>>
>>1424078
I was actually being ironic, but this thread developed into something hillarious
>>
>>1424078
Do you know what fucking website you are on? Did you smonk too much reefy when you rolled out of your jazzy chair this morning? Stop acting like a fucking moron and use your basic reading comprehension skills to find the meaning in the posts provided. Perhaps you might understand that vitriol is merely a retard filter if you could stop getting caught in it.
>>
>>1424061
>why are you being such a dick for no reason
heartthrob.gif
>>
>>1424078
Dude just no... don't let moronic moms basement dwellers get to you. You've asked the question and was not being a dick about it towards anyone, it's their problem they have countless issues. Fuck /pol/ thinks he knows it all mentality
>>
>>1424055
20s were not prosperous compared to today.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.