[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Second Triumvirate
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2
File: 220px-M_Antonius_modified.png (41 KB, 220x280) Image search: [Google]
220px-M_Antonius_modified.png
41 KB, 220x280
Tell me about the Second Triumvirate. Why did it form, and why Lepidus, Mark Anthony, and Octavian? How did Octavian seize control?
>>
bumporoni bumporoni give me those replyoni's
>>
>>1418288
Read Goldsworthy's bios of Augustus for full details.

Lepidus was pushed aside , and the struggle between the western oriented Octavianus, and the Eastern oriented Marcus Antonius, devolved into another Roman Civil War.

Octavianus and Marcus Agrppa won a decisive victory at Active.

Marcus Antonius and Cleopatra committed suicide.

Octavianus was Master of the World.
>>
watch rome to know
>>
>>1419980
Oh fuck no.
I fucking love the series, but it's absolutely inaccurate representation of the political situation, plus many characters are fake and many important political figures aren't shown.
For example, Pompey's son in the show is Quintus, a fuckboy that gets involved with the caesaricides, and then killed by Anthony right after. IRL Pompey's son was Sextus, a pretty damn good general and admiral who was a gigantic torn in the side of the triumvirate for more than a decade, and even defeated Augustus in battle once. The fall of Lepidus is directly consequent to the sicilian revolt Sextus led, yet the whole episode isn't even mentioned in the show.
>>
Watch Julius Caesar (1953)

Read Plutarch's Life of Caesar, Brutus, Anthony
Read Suetonius' Life of Augustus
>>
A bunch of big guys got together with a master plan to crash the SPQR with no survivors.
>>
Hmm, ramen.
>>
>>1418288
After the death of Caesar, many were still caesarians, distrustful of the corrupt Republican institutions. Anthony and Octavius, being the main two caesarians teamed up to get rid of the Republican resistance and claim power. Obviously it's a lot more complex than that tough so read a book or two t b h
>>
>>1420613
>>>/a/
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.