[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why is Ethiopia such a shithole today?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2
File: haile-selassie2.jpg (55 KB, 400x495) Image search: [Google]
haile-selassie2.jpg
55 KB, 400x495
Why is Ethiopia such a shithole today?
>>
File: 20150117-04.jpg (410 KB, 2928x3702) Image search: [Google]
20150117-04.jpg
410 KB, 2928x3702
Communism
>>
>today
>>
>>1415246
Commies and Nobles
>>
>>1415261
Which.jpg
>>
>>1415246
Allah curses them for imprisoning the sons of Somal inside of their nacalad "Nation"

Plus they don't have an ocean and have to fight against two of the most well-armed nations in the world.
>>
>>1415246
Communists took over and famined that shit like '33.
>>
>>1415246
Is this guy back in the new civ game? Having a nation deliberatley limit itself to gain advantages was a cool concept and i hope it returns.
>>
Iraq is a shithole,afghanistan is a shithole
Ethiopia is just irrelevant
>>
It's been a shithole since the 16th century. Fucking Gragn ruined everything.
>>
>>1415321
Warya, explain Somalia and its status as a failed state in current day. Don't regurgitate the shit your hoyo tells you either nigga.
>>
>>1415246
Commies
>>
>>1417706
It's not a state at all but a Hodge podge of feuding clans. There is only a "somali government" because the rest of the world can't stand dealing with a large number of disputing emissaries from an insignificant land, so it recognizes one regime as official and all others as paramilitary, pirates, warlords, etc.
>>
>>1415374
Pity the AI never fucking did it
>>
I worked with a girl from there

she said its not that bad. had a good giggle when I asked her if she lived in a mud hut with pet zebras

she said its poor in some places, the cities are decent, orthodox and catholics get along for the most part, and they all hate muslims

based nigger tier.
>>
>>1415246
In 1958, Ethiopia had a famine that took 100,000 lives. Before they were able to recover from it, they had another famine in 1966. Then another famine in 1973, and then a drought resulting in a famine in 1983 to 1985.
>>
>>1415246
Commies. Without commies would probably be at least Egypt tier.
>>
>>1415250
>>1415261
>>1415367
>>1419151
>>1420614

Pure ideology.
>>
>>1420599
>and they all hate muslims

The majority of Ethiopia are muslims though.
>>
>>1420620

A third is not a majority, especially when almost half of the population is Orthodox Christian.
>>
>>1420582
>civ that's whole schtick is being tiny
>AI expands like crazy, 15+ cities by end of game
T. Firaxis
>>
Intertribal disputes. Places like Egypt have been unified since Pharaoh times, but Ethiopia never really was more than a confederation of tribes before recently.
>>
>>1415287
Both. Ethiopian nobles fought tooth and nail against Sellassies attempts at land reform and modernization because "Muh Noble privileges". Then the Derg comes in and fucks everything up, turning the slowely improving country into a commie shithole. Ethiopia went from a net exporter of food to one of the worlds biggest importers.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.