[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Could the Swedish attempt at Moose Cavalry had any sort of success
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1
File: elk_cavalry.jpg (311 KB, 800x752) Image search: [Google]
elk_cavalry.jpg
311 KB, 800x752
>>
>>1410054
even if the moose cavalry worked, its not like the swedes would even use them anyways
>>
>>1410054
No. Moose are nasty, mean, cagey animals that no man has business riding.
>>
no. there are two things:
1)moose can't be domesticated since it's not naturally hierarchic pack animal. same reason as with horse/zebra-case.
2)even if you could tame it you can't ride it since it's not physically capable of doing that. you'd just end up breaking it's legs.
>>
what? but i thought mooses were highly aggressive animals.
Is that photoshop?
>>
>>1412231
are you blind or retarded?
>>
>>1412216
domestication = evolution
horses werent able to carry a grown man before they were domesticated either
>>
Thanks for the you
>>
>>1412216
>>1412244
>>1410940
These. A soviet scientist in siberia (aka real scientists, not lysenko type) domesticated a feral fox species into a creature as tame as a dog that waves its tail, barks and answer to names. To this day that farm exists and sell this dog-foxes.

If you dont trust soviets which is fine, take as an example the llamas of the incas which they bred and selected. To this day the guanaco (the wild type almost undomesticated animal) still exists and they fucking literally spit and bite people
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.