[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is this the best study bible?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2
File: DBIB-H.jpg (115 KB, 900x1382) Image search: [Google]
DBIB-H.jpg
115 KB, 900x1382
Is this the best study bible?
>>
No, the KJV is the best Bible for anything
>>
The best bible for you is the one that comes to you
>>
King James or don't bother.
>>
>>1409970
>>1409982
This
>>
>>1409970
>>1409982
Geneva >>>>>>> Lebron Bible
>>
>>1410153
wat?
>>
>>1410479
If you never heard about the Geneva Bible you shouldn't even voice your opinion.
>>
Orthodox Bible or bust. KJV a close-ish second. Everything else is trash-tier.
>>
Like academic studies? I'd assume a bible produced by an academic institution would be best.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oxford_Annotated_Bible
>>
>The Didache Bible
The fuck? Just mashing words together doesn't make you sound sophisticated. The Didache is not the Bible. It's an early manual of Christian instruction.

>with commentaries based on the Catechism of the Catholic Church
So the commentaries aren't even based on the text of the Bible? Not even shilling for sola scriptura, but this is obviously bullshit.
>>
File: Skeptics-Annotated-Bible.jpg (52 KB, 200x263) Image search: [Google]
Skeptics-Annotated-Bible.jpg
52 KB, 200x263
>>1409933
what about the redpilled one?
>>
>>1410598
/THREAD
>>
Didn't know there are different kinds of bibles. Do the text themselves actually differ or is a question of which morons thought they had anything to add to them?
>>
>>1411650
Both. There is much leeway in the translations. King James is regarded as the most poetic of the English translations.
>>
>>1411650
Different Biblical canons, different texts, different translations and different commentaries.
>>
Vulgate, followed closely by Douay–Rheims.
Don't bother with anything else.
>>
>>1411471
it's for Catholics t-b-h
>>
>>1412275
Papisto scumu go homu.
>>
>>1411650
Yes, for instance the Oxford edition I suggested uses a more literal translation in modern English than the King James Translation, and offers alternate translations for words with contested translations as well as academic commentary from a variety of religious backgrounds.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.