[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Tell me about the Holodomar /his/, is it overblown or not? I
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 4
File: the-real-holocaust.jpg (365 KB, 813x675) Image search: [Google]
the-real-holocaust.jpg
365 KB, 813x675
Tell me about the Holodomar /his/, is it overblown or not?

I am leaning at overblown, though that's just me.
>>
Does /pol/ really think that making pictures like that is helping remember the holodomor? These retards genuinely make me curious sometimes.
>>
>>1409712
No, it's the usual "if this massacre happen the one we don't like didn't happen!" sort of apology
>>
I don't understand why you can look at the death totals of WW2 and then think these small numbers are unreasonable. The entire region between Germany and the Reds got rolled over twice. Famine and starvation aren't surprising.
>>
File: Weapons.png (777 KB, 580x481) Image search: [Google]
Weapons.png
777 KB, 580x481
>>1409695
Its impact is understated if anything. 4 millions of people died from 1933 famine alone, the cultural impact that followed was humongous and it was only properly uncovered in 1986.

Was it man-made? Yes it was, no doubts about it. Some people will meme about "poor harvest" but it was absolutely fine in Romania, Western Ukraine and even Belarus.

Was it deliberately targeting Ukrainians? This question has no definite answer because many other people had indeed died but there's no doubt that Ukrainian peasantry was very much anti-Soviet. Soviets knew that well, their propaganda has always juxtaposed "bourgeois nationalist" village and "progressive" industry, in fact.

Ukraine was also a source of many peasant uprisings with a wave of them happening right in the beginning of 30s. Here's a picture of weapons confiscated by authorities as late as 1932, among other things:

>Some of the weapons of [town name] raion's insurgent organization "Free Cossackdom" which were stored by [unintelligible] member of that organization, the accused Motlokh Ivan Savvych, confiscated after his arrest on 16-17th of August, 1932
>>
File: Motlokh.png (631 KB, 561x445) Image search: [Google]
Motlokh.png
631 KB, 561x445
>>1409781
Ivan Motlokh himself.
>>
>>1409785
He's cute.

>tfw you will never have an Ukranian bf who loves you for saving him from the Reds
>>
File: 1930 insurgents.png (472 KB, 602x455) Image search: [Google]
1930 insurgents.png
472 KB, 602x455
>>1409785
And some more insurgents, this time from 1930.
>>
>>1409695
giving an isolated famine in just one of the soviet republics it's own name while ignoring all others sounds like modern politicians cashing in on literally corpses of their own grandfathers
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.