[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Greetings /his/, can you recommend me the best and most detailed
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1
Greetings /his/, can you recommend me the best and most detailed book about the history of Western music? preferably from the view point of a professional musicologist, with explanations about the progress of musical ideas and theory, preferably from the classic period onwards, I'm not entirely sure this is the right board to post my query but as you are the board that's concerned with the history of concepts and my main goal is to research the history of Western music I hope that I'm not making a fool out of myself, if what I ask cannot be satisfied with just one book I would be enraptured to hear about any piece of literature that could grant me even a portion of the knowledge that I seek.
>>
Here's the Yale Listening to [Western] Music course of Craig Wright:

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLh9mgdi4rNezhx8YiGIV8I22ICSuzslja
>>
>>1407692
Thanks anon but I'd rather have a comprehensive book more in the lines of what I asked for.
>>
>>1407690
>I'm not entirely sure this is the right board to post my query
Well you sure as fuck wouldn't get any help going to /mu/
Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.