[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Should I take that humanities degree
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (59 KB, 612x240) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
59 KB, 612x240
I need help lads. I got invited in my country's best uni for a humanities degree ( archaeology if you're curious), but I'm not sure whether to take it or a generic IT degree.
Now I love history to the core but I'm worried about my future job prospects. So help me out, what are the pro and cons of taking humanities
Pic related
>>
What country?

>I'm worried about my future job prospects

If you're smart you can easily get a decent job (but maybe not in archaeology)
>>
You could always major in the most profitable field you can get, and then minor in something you love.

It's the classic cover-your-ass move.
>>
>>1404464
Let's just say some east Asian country
>>1404477
No such in our system, one or nothing
>>
Job worries are for later, do what you like most
>>
>>1404551
I say the opposite. Don't spend years and tons of money studying what's basically a glorified hobby.
>>
>>1404450
Do it, archaeology is pretty dank.
>>
>>1404551
no, no, no. OP, the most important thing is that you get into a position where you've got a steady income that allows you to be completely independent of other people (namely parents). Then find out what you actually want to do with life, and what interests you by reading some books and maybe sitting into at a few lectures in Uni (nobody cares if there's a guy who's not officially studying the thing).

Then think about whether visiting University is actually the way of dwelving deeper into it. If you hate having to organise everything yourself, you don't like the idea 3 month long holidays between semesters, you don't like leaving after 3/5 years with the feeling that you haven't gained any meaningful qualifications, I say don't visit the university. if there's means of doing some job related to the field without a degree, you should prefer going straight for that job instead. The people at a University who do the teaching are mostly unacceptably bad at it, cause most of them aren't there for teaching but for doing research. Teaching is considered a chore/necessary evil like paperwork, and it shows.
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.