[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Conspiracy Theories
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 7
File: hand-of-conspiracy2.jpg (97 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
hand-of-conspiracy2.jpg
97 KB, 640x360
What is it about these strange ideas that interest us? The need to rebel from authority? The implications and possibilities it brings to light?
>>
>>1400393
>What is it about these strange ideas that interest us?
they're just easy ways to explain complex issues.
>>
>>1400492
This, also being (or perceiving oneself to be) a part of an enlightened minority always boosts people's ego.
>>
File: 1465112385433.png (84 KB, 572x572) Image search: [Google]
1465112385433.png
84 KB, 572x572
Same reason people believe in God tbqh.
>>
I don't remember where I heard this, but conspiracy theories have been explained as modern mythology. People explaining and making sense of reality in a way that makes intuitive, narrative sense. I don't know if there's any academia on it, but it made sense to me.
>>
File: Mossad did 911.jpg (121 KB, 660x436) Image search: [Google]
Mossad did 911.jpg
121 KB, 660x436
>>1400393
well anon i think everyone can agree that human beings are generally dishonest and all a conspiracy is is just a bunch of people agreeing to be dishonest together so some of them are bound to be true and with doctrines like 'compartmentalization' people are often part of a conspiracy without even knowing it
>>
>>1400393
Mystery and uncertainty, lack of trust in your national government,stupidity,religious explanations etc. Don't forget every blue moon a conspiracy theory will be true, see NSA.
>>
File: Israeli Detainees.jpg (9 KB, 343x147) Image search: [Google]
Israeli Detainees.jpg
9 KB, 343x147
seriously everyone acts like its so crazy that powerful people would plot to impose their will on the world by any means necessary even if under the pretense that if they dont do the dirty work someone else will
>>
>>1401147
I don't think anyone denies powerful people use their resources to keep themselves in power. The thing more in contention is how all-encompassing most theories seem to be.
>>
File: Israelis.jpg (2 MB, 1939x2246) Image search: [Google]
Israelis.jpg
2 MB, 1939x2246
why is it that espousing certain viewpoints are dismissed out of hand by mainstream culture makers? what makes a belief crazy?
>>
>>1401147
> powerful people would plot to impose their will on the world
The most crazy conspiracies are about how They would just fuck up the world including themselves for some incomprehensible reason. Just from this you should knows that they are retarded.
>>
File: Israel 9:11.png (3 MB, 2944x3316) Image search: [Google]
Israel 9:11.png
3 MB, 2944x3316
>>1401163
i think you can look at it like a system yeah there are people who go off the deepend and get caught up in minutiae and think their cat is a cia surveillance drone but at the same time you can sus out a parallel narrative to the one that you learned in school and see on tv to explain events its like looking at the world through a different lens and things make more sense
>>
File: Dancing Israelis.gif (624 KB, 1760x4464) Image search: [Google]
Dancing Israelis.gif
624 KB, 1760x4464
>>1401176
there are a lot of crazy ones sure but some of the big ones have more substance to them
>>
>>1401167
Primarily the outlandish claim being too grandiose, or just the people themselves.
>>
It's when you get together in a group of three buddies and all of you somehow feel compelled to act and talk a certain way and about a certain topic by some strange force.
We project consciousness on everything and explain things we don't understand by things we do.
Some called this force God, some call it the Illuminati, to Marcus Aurelius it's the universe.
Social constructs, it's what makes us human and enables millions of us to live in huge cities with harmony.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.