[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What causes wewuzism? Is it coming from a country or culture
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 167
Thread images: 14
File: we wuz kangs black.png (252 KB, 692x2248) Image search: [Google]
we wuz kangs black.png
252 KB, 692x2248
What causes wewuzism?

Is it coming from a country or culture with very little cultural history and identity?

I don't see Brits, French, Germans or even white Americans commiting wewuzism, but eastern Europeans, Turks, and obviously Blacks do it all the time. We never see Indians or Chinese doing it though, but they do have a rich history, but so do many others who do commit wewuzism.
>>
>I don't see Brits
WE WUZ ISRAELITES
>>
>>1398941
>We never see Indians or Chinese doing it though
Are you kidding? Indians are fucking notorious about that.
>muh Vedas
>muh ancient scientists who knew everything except they only passed their knowledge orally so whitey doesn't believe us
>muh cradle of civilization
>>
>>1398949
Vedas are their own history, Indus valley is real, never heard the scientist shit.

It isn't wewuzism to talk about things that your people actually did.
>>
Is it even a problem? For the first time in their lives uneducated ghetto trash are opening books and discovering there is a whole world outside the projects.

Don't jinx it.
>>
>>1398949
That's not wewuzism

They're just exaggerating the achievements that their actual ancestors did
>>
Because mainstream history is extremely western centric and said nations who are prone want to increase mainstream focus on their significance and achievements which they feel are unfairly ignored.
>>
File: we wuz books.png (644 KB, 1485x306) Image search: [Google]
we wuz books.png
644 KB, 1485x306
>>1398952
They're opening lies and spreading them.
>>
>>1398951
True, but going on and on how Indians basically invented everything by 1000 BC sure is.

>>1398954
Well, perhaps but Indians are still notoriously prone to exaggerations.
>>
>>1398941
>I don't see white americans committing wewuzism

You're kidding right?

WE WUZ IRISH N SHIT LADDY BOY
>>
>>1398959
>True, but going on and on how Indians basically invented everything by 1000 BC sure is.
Again I've never come across this. It's probably more a case of like with Muslims where /pol/tards try and claim anyone brown did absolutely nothing, the opposite of wewuzism, nevahappenism, and so they argue back.
>>
>>1398949
WE WUZ SPACESHIPS
>>
>>1398963
Americans and their understanding of nationalism is an entirely different, though often just as hilarious, topic.
>>
>>1398941
>white Americans commiting wewuzism
Elizabeth Warren
>>
>>1398941
Racism aside, it's because black history is boring to black Americans.

No epic-like battles between large armies, no clash between idealism in politics, no court intrigue and dealings, no complex and sophisticated system or culture to gush about.

Much of their history isn't written down either so there's that whole unknown void factor.

It's basically a bunch of tribal wars in simple hunter-gatherer society, and then one day their ancestors got captured and sold to some funny looking people from across the ocean.
>>
>>1398963
But... we wuz irish n shit. and German n shit. and Italian n shit. and Polack n shit. At least when we do it, it's actually right.
>>
>>1398976
How about we wuz 1/16th Cherokee an sheet?
>>
>>1398956
They are ridiculous enough that they aren't a threat to intellectual standards.
>>
>>1398963
I'm 1/32 cherokee isn't the same as we built the ancient pyramids and charlemagne was black
>>
>>1398941
>I don't see Brits, French, Germans or even white Americans commiting wewuzism

Brits: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brutus_of_Troy (WE WUZ TROJANS)

Germans: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nordic_race#Nordicism (WE WUZ AUGUSTUS)

Americans: Mormonism
>>
>>1398978
>tfw I'm actually 1/8th Cherokee according to a blood test
Awkward
>>
File: confused subhuman.jpg (40 KB, 505x431) Image search: [Google]
confused subhuman.jpg
40 KB, 505x431
>>1398963

>having an excuse to casually drink in the middle of the day is the same as blatant historical reivionism
>>
>>1398956
>Bunch of dollar kindle books
Remind me why you fucks should care about a bunch of irrelevant hotep niggers enough to spam these threads several times a day?
>>
>>1398982
Alright, but it's not widespread, common or even known, and its mostly archaic theories.
>>1398990
How on earth can it be specified to Cherokee and not just native
>>
>>1398990
you can actually join the Cherokee nation if you want
>>
>>1398941
>or even white Americans commiting wewuzism

White Americans, besides black Americans are one of the biggest proponents of wewuzism.

>WE WUZ PURITANS WHO FLED FROM ENGLAND AFTER THE CIVIL WAR
Less than 1% of the US white pop is descended from those.
>WE WUZ 1/16th CHEROKEE BLACKFOOT AND CREE
Not even close
>WE WUZ SECONDARY CHILDREN FROM EUROPEAN ROYALTY WHO LEFT EUROPE
Apart from a few early founding fathers who have some royal blood, not much.
>>
>>1398995
Not Mormonism
And the British also had British Israelism (WE WUZ JEWS), while some considered themselves a "Nordic race" and thus participated in the same variety of wewuzzery as the Germans
>>
White Americans do shit all the time

WE WUZ IRISH is one of their favourites
>>
>>1398995
>Alright, but it's not widespread, common or even known, and its mostly archaic theories.
That's how majority of pseudo-historical bullshit like that is. I think a sizeable portion of Russians do take the whole "WE WUZ MAMMOTHZ N TATARZ N DEFEATED CHINA N CYKA BLYAT" a tad too seriously but that's about it.
>>
>>1398995
Probably has something to do with the fact that my great grandfather was full blooded Cherokee from Oklahoma. He always looked pretty white, in black and white photos anyways, so I never believed it to be true and thought it was a WE WUZ thing. Blood test was my families way of saying "We fucking told you so"

>>1398996
Yeah, I know. I don't really see the point.
>>
Italians: WE WUZ ROMANS
Romanians: WE WUZ ROMANS
Germans: WE WUZ ROMANS
>>
>>1399008
Well you can't go on youtube without seeing blacks doing it or eastern europeans saying they're the real greeks etc. But its very rare to see others
>>
>>1399011
stop wewuzing
>>
>>1399014
Fyromians are a special case tbqhwyf.
>>
>>1399017
But... I'm not.
>>
>>1398941
>We never see Indians or Chinese doing it though
They do though
>>
>>1399020
>IM PART CHEROKEE YO DID A GENETIC TEST AND ALL

Your granny fucked a chinky
>>
>>1399007
You don't understand the essence of "WE WUZ"ery.
An American playing up their slight Irish descent isn't "WE WUZ"ery, because they're not actually attributing any fantastical/ahistorical achievements to the Irish race or baselessly asserting that they're Irish despite being from a completely different part of the world. Most Americans that talk about being Irish are legitimately of Irish descent and are really just looking for an excuse to get drunk.
A black guy claiming that ancient African civilisations discovered how to harness electricity in 4500 BC is "WE WUZ"ery. A German guy baselessly asserting that Nero and Sulla were actually of German descent and not Mediterranean is "WE WUZ"ery. A white American with 1/4th Irish ancestry getting smashed on St. Patrick's Day isn't "WE WUZ"ery. It would be "WE WUZ"ery if they claimed that the Irish landed on the moon in 3000 BC, or if they insisted they were Irish despite clearly being of Hawaiian descent.
>>
>>1399028
Why are you so upset about something that doesn't effect you in any way?
>>
>>1399022
>Chinese
The historical precedent was non chinks claiming to be descended from chinks not the other way around.
>>
>>1399029
>baselessly asserting that they're Irish despite being from a completely different part of the world
But some often do exactly that. Hell, some threads on this exact board are "hey guys, I've just found out I'm Dutch/Italian/whatever, educate me on my history". I wouldn't call it full on KANGZ but it definitely is ignorant and annoying.
>>
>>1399035
>wanted to be educated on your legitimate ancestors
>ignorant
What the fuck am I reading
>>
>>1399035
Have you ever considered that maybe they're just legitimately interested in learning about the history of the people they're descended from? It's a completely reasonable reaction. It's really a great thing that they're getting interested in history when they might not have cared beforehand.
>>
>>1399032
I'm just fucking with you family.

>>1398941
The chinese do have a major wewuzism

They claim, and teach, that they are not the same species as the rest of humanity, they claim that they are denisovans, and while it is true that they do have denisovans admixture they way they teach it is that they're like 50% denisovans and not the same as other humans.
>>
>>1398941
>I don't see Brits, French, Germans or even white Americans commiting wewuzism

plenty in the past and still now.
>>
>>1399047
>They claim, and teach, that they are not the same species as the rest of humanity, they claim that they are denisovans, and while it is true that they do have denisovans admixture they way they teach it is that they're like 50% denisovans and not the same as other humans.

As someone born and raised in China, I can say you are full of shit.
>>
>>1398941
>I don't see [...] white Americans commiting wewuzism
WE WUZ EUROPEEN
>>
>>1398941
How are turks we wuzzing ?

>inb4 meme answer
>>
>>1399056
Pan-Turanism is pretty retarded, though pan-anything always is.
>>
>>1398979
Yet people here make it seem like it.
>>
>>1399056
Xiongnu,Gokturks,Ughurs etc.
>>
>>1399012
Italians and Romanians were Romans, you dumbass.
Holy shit.

>>1399029
WE WUZ meme now means that nobody can claim any history or heritage at all. Everybody was just blinked into existence yesterday.

>>1398974
Why aren't American Blacks claiming the cultures of West Africa from were they actually came from?
I mean there has to be something interesting about them? Cartage and Egypt can't be the only interesting ones in Africa.
>>
>>1398941
>people with sun tan are black
How pathetic can you get
>>
>>1399056
I manage a Facebook page and I get harassed by Turkish people everyday claiming their ancestors were Mongols, Tartars, Xiongnus, etc. therefore their ancestors raped and enslaved my ancestors.
>>
>>1399062
Its an union on people with the same language group and cultural roots because of that how is that retarded ?

>>1399065
Uyghurs are understandable to someone who speaks common turkish for example.
>>
>>1398941
The exact same thing that causes white supremacy:
Perceived marginalization and erasure coupled with cripplingly poor education and the intense desire to project grandeur.
>>
>>1399029
>we wuz kangz
Black mulatto of majority west African slave heritage
>we wuz irish
White anglo of majority English settler heritage

It's the same thing. Both pretty much denying the social standing of their ancestors, just in opposite directions and for different reasons. The woke hotep ghetto nigger wants class, wealth, respect; the milquetoast white collar cracker wants to be interesting, have character, culture. Both just end up as cringeworthy embarrassments.
>>
>>1399074
Its cultural heritage besides almost nobody has an significant amount of the genes of the people they base teir identity upon thats why the biggest factor is culture which changes every decade.
>>
>>1399052
>As someone born and raised in China, I can say you are full of shit.
You're simply too old and having a knee jerk reaction.

Chinese education now teaches that the han Chinese are a separate species of homo derived from homo erectus and denisovans and not homo sapiens.
>>
>>1398979
What about moors? everyone is taught that they're black just cause they came from Africa
>>
>>1399067
>Why aren't American Blacks claiming the cultures of West Africa from were they actually came from?

Properly educating yourself requires more effort than reading the comment section of Worldstar Hiphop.
>>
>>1399075
>Uyghurs are understandable to someone who speaks common turkish for example.
Historical Uyghur Khaganate =/= modern day Uyghurs

Yugurs look nothing like Anatolian Turks.
>>
>>1398941
Indians have one of the biggest WEWUZ in history which is "Indoeuropeans Languages originated in India, we were not invaded by a population of horse rider from the russians steppes, it is us who spreaded indoeuropean languages to Iran and Europe"

White Americans must be close to 200 million people, you cant generalize with so many people, but some are wewuzers, as in, Greeks and Romans were northern europeans, like Troy with Brad Pitt, Alexander the Great with Colin Farrell, and also the ancient rome tv shows with British Actors.
>>
>>1399095
I'm not saying uyghurs are anatolian turks but but they are both turkics which is a speaker of a turkic language.
>>
>>1399103
>Indians have one of the biggest WEWUZ in history
>1.2 billion people
>White Americans must be close to 200 million people, you cant generalize with so many people
Consider death.
>>
>>1399107
That's like saying Indians and Nigerians are both black so the Vedic civilizations belongs to Robert Mugabe
>>
>>1399093
Why do americans think that africa=black when most of the moors were berbers, arabs, iberians and some blacks.
>>
>>1399107
This makes as much sense as African French speakers claiming to be Gauls.
>>
>>1399112
Do indians and nigerians speak a language in the same family then ?
Also if genes are the only indicator of ethnicity half of europe wouldn't be who they say that they are.
Italians would be romance speaking germanics.
The french would be romance speaking celts.
The spaniards and portugese would be romance speaking celts and natives and the british would be germanic speaking celts.
>>
>>1398941
>Germans or even white Americans commiting wewuzism
Germans are the KINGS of revisionism you fool, have you never heard of Himmler?
>we wuz hyperboreans
>wir wassen civilization n shiesse
>>
>>1399130
Well the the french weren't franks either they are just celts roleplaying en masse.
>>
>>1399149
This is like saying Mexicans are the equivalent of Spaniards.

Mexicans actually have significant Spanish admixture while most of the Turkish gene pool is native.

The colonized are not their colonizers.
>>
>>1399173
They both speaking spanish aren't they?
But if you would look only genetics what would you have people see themselves as ?
Should everyone start learning dead languages because their genes tell them they are something instead of the culture they were born into and grew up with ?
>>
>>1398951
There is Indigenous Aryan theory in India, which is popular with RSS and Hindu nationalists, which rejects the Indo-European migration hypothesis and Proto-Indo-European language theory, both of which are strongly supported by mainstream scholars and archaeological evidence. Indigenous Aryans adherents believe the IE and PIE theories are the result of a colonial racist plot to divide modern India by suggesting that the people who live there now are not the people who lived there since the beginning of history and that northern and southern India share different cultural heritages.

Instead, they favor a theory, unsupported by evidence, that India has always been one nation of people since Vedic times, and even before.
>>
>>1399092
Proof.
>>
Germans do it all the time.

They claim to WE WUZ Romans, Franks, Vikings, you name it. That's because Germany doesn't actually have a rich history, or at least nothing to rival West European countries, which drives them mad with envy.
>>
>>1399245
All european countries do that shit though actually everyone on the planet does it if you only see people's races.
>>
Only Italy can actually claim Roman heritage. Germany and Russia need not to apply.
>>
>>1399119

The American concept of race is overly simplistic and makes hard divisions between races based on the inhabited continent.
>>
File: 1463566143979.jpg (57 KB, 567x561) Image search: [Google]
1463566143979.jpg
57 KB, 567x561
>>1399245
>Franks
>not part of German history
>a huge part of Germany isn't Franconia and doesn't speak Franconian dialect
>no Franconian stem duchy
>Germany doesn't actually have a rich history

Dumb memesters should fuck off back to /pol/, /int/ or /b/
>>
>or even white Americans
Americans are the biggest nordicists around if you have ever lurked /pol/(both cuckchan and cripplechan) or communities like theapricity or zetaboards.
>>
>>1399245
Nazi germany fucking loved wewuzism.

>>1399317
Germany is only 26 years old of course it can't have a rich history :^)
>>
>>1398941
American education isn't that great on many areas of the country, and a lot of schools which are predominantly black are some of the poorest and shittiest. Plus, if there's one area that the US is particularly poor in teaching, it's history, which is strange give that the country's history is not that long compared to Europe or other nations. World history basically isn't taught in many schools.

Black people in the US are obviously also on the bottom rung of the social ladder, and there isn't a lot of pride in the communities or much emphasis on education. It's not a surprise that, given the lack of knowledge of history combined with a steong feeling of disempowerment, some black people start believing conspiracy theories that history has been whitewashed and that white people are hiding that black people did all these great things in the past, it gives a sense of pride.
>>
>>1399314
Isn't the majority of blacks in America have an average of 20% European DNA or something? If someone can confirm this or post the statistics of these, it would be nice.
>>
>>1398949
Indian wewuzism can be pretty funny though

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8tw7LIykvBw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hjWd9a8Ck8U
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WEldpMQGfYE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=olF4kpkiWys
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JXAu6QSMyj0
>>
Some whites do have WE WUZ things. There's quite a few people saying that Gengis Khan, the pharaos, the babylonians, even early Chinese emperors were white.
>>
>>1399317
Franks aren't from Franconia you stupid WEWUZNIAN germling.
>>
>>1398941
some whites believe Jesus was aryan for some reason
I've even seen people on here claiming that muhammad was white
>>
File: Girls.png (490 KB, 449x401) Image search: [Google]
Girls.png
490 KB, 449x401
>>1399372
Indian Wegonbeizm is funnier though

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xl0b2LGf9jM
>>
>>1399487
wegonbeism is good though
>>
>>1399487
Holy shit I just got cancer. The worst part is, I'm from the part of India where they speak this language (Telugu) and it's just absolutely mortifying to listen to this crap.
>Muh Indian supremacy
>bad whitey getting what he deserves and has to now beg for money from Indians

I'm not a self-hating Indian, but goddamn this is cringey. Can't we all just get along without trying to be "superior" to others cos of their skin color.
>>
There are also the Greeks claiming the slavic Macedonians or the Anatolians were Greek. They even said they were Romans.
>>
How about this gem?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bosnian_pyramid_claims
>>
>>1399084
>irish have more culture than english protestants
This is such bullshit, it is applied to all protestant groups, it's all because everything that used to make protestants distinct culturally was such an obvious improvement that everybody adopted it. Worshiping saints and stuff like that is very culturally distinct because it's meaningless and backwards.
>>
>>1400334
t. Sashko
>>
>>1398941
American blacks exist in a cultural limbo,their ancestors being a bunch of irrelevant tribal slaves taken from some shithole in africa. That is why they grasp for any sort of respectable heritage.
>>
>>1400381
>Mainly drawn from the land of the richest empire on earth
>the closest black africans ever came to a large empire only brought down by events out of their control
>WE WUZ EGYPTIANS AND SHIT YO
Why dont they learn :(
>>
>>1398941
>eastern europeans
explain
>>
>>1400448
Romania: we wuz dacians/romans and shit
Macedonia: we wuz Alexander the Great shit
Hungary: we wuz huns/sumerians and shit
Poland: we wuz sarmatians and shit
>>
I love how some people ITT purposefully try to redefine the term as to mean everybody who minimally celebrates their heritage are wewuzers to relativize that dumb niggers claiming to be Phoenicians are dumb. Protip: Nobody's buying it.
>>
File: angry youtube patriot.jpg (222 KB, 755x623) Image search: [Google]
angry youtube patriot.jpg
222 KB, 755x623
>>1400448
>>
>>1400467
Your post reads like
>America: we wuz founding fathers n shit
>France : we wuz Eifel Tower n shit
>Britain: we wuz Victorian Era n shit
>Ireland: we wuz gingers n shit
>>
>>1400486
It doesn't because those are true but what he posted are not true.
>>
>Anyone who has an ancestor: we wuz that ancestor n shit
That's not how it works dumbasses.
>>
>>1399084
>White anglo of majority English settler heritage

but irish and german are some of the largest ancestral groups for white americans. anglos are mostly on the east coast or in bumfuck appalachia somehwere.
>>
>>1398941
>those comments
Blacks are too dumb to understand hwo dumb they are.
>>
>>1399386
Genuinely curious to know more about these people
>>
File: 1454433053096.jpg (60 KB, 480x480) Image search: [Google]
1454433053096.jpg
60 KB, 480x480
>>1398941
>be born into a poor town in the US
>parents and grandparents were born the same way
>could go back for generations for all I know
>ancestors were either slaves or marched against racism, don't know anything further than that
>meanwhile the other people have rich histories in which their ancestors fought in massive battles, invented great things, and were influential thinkers
>without any discernible heritage or ancestory you start to get depressed
>in your depressed state you find a website called Atlanta Blackstar
>they tell you that your ancestors did great things
>your history in not just slavery
>your ancestors built pyramids to align with galaxies
>they nearly conquered Rome in the second punic war
>they ruled over all of Europe as kings and queens and that's why they call it 'the dark ages'
>hell, even Jesus was a black man
>in your depressed state, you force yourself to believe all of this no matter how illogical
>it's nice to finally have a sense of heritage and meaning
>you know, no matter all the hardships your ancestors suffered that WE WUZ KINGZ
>>
>>1399029
>An American playing up their slight Irish descent isn't "WE WUZ"ery, because they're not actually attributing any fantastical/ahistorical achievements to the Irish
Except creating Western Civilization, discovering the new world, and being the most oppressed people ever.
>>
>>1400638
It's really the same sentiment of euro-nativists IMO. Just given different circumstances.

Why need any personal identity based on the achievements of people you will never know? That's what I'd like to ask.
>>
>I don't see Brits

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/British_Israelism

>the French

The Capet dynasty kings literally believed they descend from Trojans.

>Germans

Many nazi occultists believed they are descended from Hyperboreans.

>white Americans

"MY LAST SURNAME IS GERMAN, THIS MEANS I CAN TRACE MY LINEAGE ALL THE WAY TO ARMINIUS, SIEG HEIL!" White Americans are the worst offenders.
>>
>>1400638
Most europeans had peasant ancestors though. Probably most of us here are descendants from farmers and shit.
>>
Because there's literally nothing to be proud of that came from subsaharan Africa. Literally. Nothing.
>>
>>1400686

>The Capet dynasty kings literally believed they descend from Trojans.

So did the Romans. I don't get how a dynastic mythology from a thousand years ago makes the French guilty.

I also think its odd to equate things that people once believed, in a more ignorant age, with things people believe now.
But you're right, Americans are all guilty of this.
>>
>>1398941
Can we talk about what James L Johnson said? Why do people think that you're always implying they were Nordic when you say they "weren't black"?
>>
>>1400598
That's what /pol/ is like.
>>
>>1398941
>WE WUZ NORMANS N SHIET
>WE WUZ GAULS N SHIET
>WE WUZ EMPIRE N SHIET
Really?
>>
>>1400686
We're talking about commonly held beliefs today though.

>>1400702
The majority of all humans have some royal ancestry, its statistics. Consider that going back 30 generations on that 30th generation, you will have 1 billion ancestors, yet 1 billion people were not alive 30 generations ago. You're likely to have the same 30th great grandparent 300 times over or something
>>
>>1398993
Because white people are buying into it because of white guilt and other delusions. Hell, many of the scholars behind the phenomenon are white.
>>
>>1400732

No it isn't. That's just what you'd like to think.
You're more likely to find that kind of dreck on 'skada' or whatever the 'nordic' forum packed with bastardised murks is called.
>>
>Coaches Training Institute
>Houston Community College
>University of San Francisco
>Winston-Salem State University
>Tennessee State University
>Wiregrass Georgia Technical College
>Clayton State University
>CUNY John Jay
>Hugh Lee Johnson-Wealthier University

Fucking kekimus maximus.
>>
>>1398995

My great great grandmother was Huron and the line married naught but Frenchmen, we know because my grandfather traced our line back 600 years and wrote it down in French.

So I'm 1/16th and qualify for gibs in Canadia.
>>
>>1399103

>Indo-European Language originated in India

ARYANS

KEK
E
K
>>
>>1398951

>Indians aren't into wewuzism

Some Indians literally think that Vedic India invented nuclear weapons.

"Ancient tales speak of flying vimanas. Vimanas were real vehicles and the origin of the ‘Aeroplanes.’ Great wars were described in early religious texts. Weapons could literally level the land like a moving force field. In ancient India, we find words for certain measurements of length; one was the distance of light-years and one was the length of an atom. Only a society that possessed nuclear energy would have the need for such words. When Oppenheimer said ‘I am become the destroyer of worlds,’ he was quoting from these ancient books. Believe it or not, the deserts on a number of continents today are the result of (prehistoric) nuclear warfare. Historian Kisari Mohan Ganguli says that Indian sacred writings are full of such descriptions, which sound like an atomic blast as experienced in Hiroshima and Nagasaki. He says references mention fighting sky chariots and final weapons. An ancient battle is described in the Drona Parva, a section of the Mahabharata. “The passage tells of combat where explosions of final weapons decimate entire armies, causing crowds of warriors with steeds and elephants and weapons to be carried away as if they were dry leaves of trees,” says Ganguli."
>>
Community-wide inferiority complexes.
>>
>>1399487
>this is what elephant jockeys actually believe
>>
>>1400302
This is clearly a joke
>>1398941
Oh don't worry, Indians wewuz too https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5lRqPBhjNJY

>>1400638
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moorish_Science_Temple_of_America WE WUZ GENIUS MOORS NIGGA, ENLIGHTENING THOSE SPANIARDS EVERYDAY
>>
>>1400702
Nah, most people are related to important people due to the simple reality that is the growing population and the span of time involved.
>>
>>1398949
india was a cradle of civilization
>>
File: we wuz atlantis and shiet.jpg (25 KB, 384x512) Image search: [Google]
we wuz atlantis and shiet.jpg
25 KB, 384x512
>>1398941
Swedes were seriously adamant about being Atlantis at some point senpai.
>>
>>1399064
If this shithole is where you get your ideas for the intellectual standard of history and the humanities than I've got bad news for you
>>
Does anyone else think that the current state of anti-intellectualism in america is reaching new heights. Also are there any brits here who are expierencing the same thing in britain in the universitys and colleges?
>>
>>1399103
>Troy with Brad Pitt

In all honesty Achilles was described as blonde in the Illiad so the Troy movie was accurate on that one.
>>
>>1398949
At my local university the Indian community had an even where they presented Indian history and culture.

All went well until one girl started talking Vedic science (Indian Creation science) and how advanced it is and that they already knew about the theory of relativity.

Since my university is a technical, people didn't take that well.
>>
No where in his post did he say they were white, just that they weren't black. Why do they assume?
>>
>>1403870
There are far more white people than black people in the middle east.
>>
>>1403857
Yeah, I had a similar experience only it was an actual Indian diplomat talking how Indians invented geometry and how they knew the value of light speed thousands of years ago.
>>
>>1404129

Well if I recall the greeks also had an estimate for the speed of light, it just happened to be wrong.

Also are you saying the Indians didn't have geometry? How would they measure the level of irrigation works for their river valley agriculture? How would they transport water down a gradient if they didn't understand the concepts of gradients or angles?
>>
>>1399067
>Cartage and Egypt can't be the only interesting ones in Africa.
But they are the only ones that are even remotely covered in a highschool history class or have any pop-culture presence.
American history education is pretty shitty already, imagine how bad it is in the ghetto.
>>
>>1398956
Those are all written by the same person
>>
>>1398941
There are actual living Finns who think WE WUZ KANGS OF SCANDINAVIA N SHIET. DEM EVUL SWEDES JUS ERASE HISTORY N STUFF COS DEM JELOUS. A small minority but they exist.
>>
>>1398995
>Mormonism
>Not widespread

>>1400780
Funny how people love to claim amerindian ancestry in North America, yet in South America it's the opposite (sans some in Peru, even then).
>>
File: h.jpg (72 KB, 604x453) Image search: [Google]
h.jpg
72 KB, 604x453
>>1399110
>five point something poo people for every white american (wh included)
oh fugg smaller than I imagined though
>>
>>1398982
Funnily Snorri Sturluson wrote in the Edda that the Norse gods were Trojans who migrated northwards after the sacking. For example, he theorizes that Thor's name is a corrupted version of HecTor. Great stuff.
>>
File: alfred babcocke.png (39 KB, 296x283) Image search: [Google]
alfred babcocke.png
39 KB, 296x283
>>1398941
>Brits
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christian_Identity

>French
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Historical_revisionism_(negationism)#French_law_recognising_colonialism.27s_positive_value

>Germans
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Holy_Roman_Empire

Nothing is funnier than Westerners who unironically believe they are superior to other peoples.
>>
File: Mali Cataphract.jpg (66 KB, 472x345) Image search: [Google]
Mali Cataphract.jpg
66 KB, 472x345
>>1398974
>It's basically a bunch of tribal wars in simple hunter-gatherer society
"Haha niggers are so stupid! Now watch me project a completely ignorant and fallacious view of a topic I don't know shit about."
>>
>>1400467
are you imblying that rome didn't administrate parts of romania, or that alexander wasn't from macedonia?
>>
>>1404147
Carthage isnt even covered in American schools. Egypt is only looked at because of Cleopatra and the pyramids.
>>
>>1404328
Alexander was born within the current borders of Greece.
>>
>>1398941
>white Americans
WE WUZ CONFEDERATES AND SHIT AND THE SOUTH WAS PEACEFUL AND HARMONIOUS TILL THE NORTHERNS KILLED US AND STOLE OUR LAND

STAY WOKE, CLETUS.
>>
>>1404297
if they aren't, why is every single nation on this planet following their ideas, using their inventions?

the only place which even comes in a miles length close to europe is asia
>>
>>1404349
and in the end it always leads to one thing, europe conquered most nations, why? because of their inventions regarding weaponry and armor, navy, doctrine etc, why? because of their culture, why? because of x > another 40 x > because of their environment and resources > why? because they were smart enough to move to the ideal location, no matter how you see it, it always leads to that
>>
File: anglo architecture.jpg (102 KB, 520x390) Image search: [Google]
anglo architecture.jpg
102 KB, 520x390
>>1404349
What eurocentrics don't like to admit is that history is random.

The Muslim World was once leagues beyond Western Europe in all areas of life. While China and the Middle East were flourishing, Europe was a shit hole (not as bad as people like to say but still). Obviously, the tide changed.

Europe is now ahead of the world thanks to historical luck. The discovery of the Americas an resources from the Americas helped Europe reach the Renaissance era. From here, increased imperialism and the benefits thereof allowed Europe to have a pool of resources to do with their liking. And from there is where we get there the Europe of today.

Such events happened to every civilization. Egypt defeated the Sea Peoples while other civilizations were destroyed, Alexander invaded Persia at a time of its weakness, and the Arabs came to prominence as the public were fed up up of both Persia and Byzantium. Thus, to say Westerners are superior because of achievements is wewuzing as, like many other civilizations, Western Europe was benefitted by conditions.

Now, go back to your "altright" circlejerk and let the men discuss history.
>>
>>1404396
The ancient mesopotamia kinda shows this really well. The dominant power constantly changes with pretty much random luck. Assyrians defeat babylonians, they defeat heaps of people even though they form coalitions agaisnt them assyria just crushes them but then they get fucked in the ass and the medes and persians who assyrians saw as barbarians take the lead and create an empire bigger than assyria etc. History is a never ending story just because someone is powerful right now doesn't mean they'll stay powerful forever.
>>
>>1399317
WE WUZ CHARLMAGNE NN SHEEEIT

AYO HOL UP
SO YOU BE SAYIN THAT WE WUZ GERMANICS?
SO YOU BE SAYIN
WE WUZ FRANKS
WE WUZ VANDALS
WE WUZ ANGLOS
WE WUZ SAXONS
WE WUZ GOTHS N SHEEEEITTTT

AYO AYO *smacks lips* SO YOU BE SAYIN EUROPEANS WUZ GERMANS?
SO WE WUZ CHARLEMAGNES N SHEEITTT?

WE WUZ IMPORTANT N SHEEITTT
>>
>>1400340
gold
>>
File: Arthur-KempOP[1].jpg (76 KB, 369x276) Image search: [Google]
Arthur-KempOP[1].jpg
76 KB, 369x276
I'm amazed nobody has posted this yet

http://marchofthetitans.com/nordic-desert-empire-ancient-egypt/

WE WUZ NORDIC EGYPTIANS N SHIT
>>
>>1404396
and yet no other civilization has come close to were we are, just like the amount of time it takes to run 110m reduces, or the amount of weight lifted, it continously reaches new heights, and currently western civilization is that height, so to say that it isn't at this point, the supreme culture/peoples is delusion
>>
>>1398941
With the globalization and free information flowing worldwide people of poorer and more irrelevant national background (from a historical point of view) are becoming aware of the richness and importanc of European history and envy it greatly. That is why they try to claim the features of the mediterranean people and fabricate their own history, so they don't feel as irrelevant.
>>
>>1399334
It's more like 17%
>>
>>1404396
>The discovery of the Americas an resources from the Americas helped Europe reach the Renaissance era.

Your chronology is wrong
>>
>>1398941
>Turks
>Very little cultural history

Kys
>>
>>1406941
t*rk detected
>>
>>1406941
Which makes it weirder, because they actually do, yet Turks keep claiming Attila and every other conqueror was a Turk
>>
>>1400739
>>1399245
>>1400467

So what are the "Real" origins of these people?
Who should they say they descend from in order to be correct and not anger superior intellectuals on a Asian cartoon drawing board?
>>
>>1407186
Exactly, there's no need to make things up when Şarlman, greatest Sultan of Rum, was a Turk himself
>>
>>1404328
>history board
>people claiming that Macedonia the country has any relation whatsoever with ancient macedonia

Why do I come here
Thread replies: 167
Thread images: 14

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.