[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Where did mythology come from? Were they just making it up? Taking
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4
File: FeatureImage_age_of_mythology.jpg (66 KB, 670x300) Image search: [Google]
FeatureImage_age_of_mythology.jpg
66 KB, 670x300
Where did mythology come from? Were they just making it up? Taking drugs? Metaphors?
>>
>>1397717
God
>>
>>1397717
All of the above.

Imagine the hundreds of unwritten religions lost in prehistory.
>>
>Bored storytellers by the fire
>Con men
>Parents trying to keep children from wandering
>People doing drugs and tripping balls
>Trying to explain what they don't understand
>Leaders trying to promote their right to rule
>Genuine lunatics
>Cultures praising their ways and demonizing others
>>
>>1397717
>What loss did Minerva herself first incur that led to her own disappearance? Was it, perhaps, the loss of her guards? There can be no doubt that their death made her removal possible - the image did not preserve the men; the men were preserving the image
>>
Obviously fucking drugs. That's the source of human creativity. I'm on another fucking level cognitively after taking some acid. I'm fucking better than you.
>>
>>1398255
Ebin false flag faggot
>>
>>1397717
The Great Spook wished to spook us
>>
>>1397717
Mythology came from from the gods, and leaders that people worshipped at the time. Storytellers would make stories up about them for entertainment purposes. Also, propaganda.
>>
>"dude you see all dat lightning and shit? It's made by some dude that lives in the clouds! I'm not lying I swear.
>now give me a tenth of all the grains you harvest, the best lambs you raise, and your first born virgin daughter? why? Because only I know how to appease him and shit

thus elites were born owing their success strictly to their superior verbal iq
>>
>>1398258
you're autistic
>>
>>1397717
>Where did mythology come from? Were they just making it up? Taking drugs? Metaphors?
The collective inconscious.
>>
Allegory to teach cultural laws, landscapes, locations to find food, water, edible foods, food prep, migration roots, etc, etc.
>>
>>1397717
people trying to find reasons explaining the phonomena all around us
>>
>>1397717
Dreams turned to stories. And also this helped >>1398255

t. Jung
>>
I am sure psychotics, think schizophrenia, and people making up stuff to get a laugh out of people played their part too.
>>
>>1397717
The dissonance (the feeling of Other, the Presence, whatever) that comes with the unalignment between actual reality and what the brain produces as reality.

A very obvious and simple example of this are those visual illusions.
>>
File: gettin_tippy_wit_it.jpg (190 KB, 1067x800) Image search: [Google]
gettin_tippy_wit_it.jpg
190 KB, 1067x800
>>1397971
*tipping intensifies*
>>
It was to promote human values.

Well, we have to end apartheid for one.

And slow down the constant arms race, stop invasions and world hunger.
We have to provide food and shelter for the paria, and oppose racial discrimination and promote civil rights, while also promoting equal rights for women.

We have to encourage a return to traditional moral values.
Most importantly, we have to promote general social concern, and less materialism in young people.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.