[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is the worship of the USA and its constitution and the Founding
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4
File: jeffersonicecream.jpg (270 KB, 1800x1231) Image search: [Google]
jeffersonicecream.jpg
270 KB, 1800x1231
Is the worship of the USA and its constitution and the Founding Fathers a religion?
>>
More or less yes. At least from what i see, Americans are more hang up on repeating forefather quotes, clichés and dogmas than on listening to reason (muh commandment, muh freedoms, muh Jesus etc.) which is basically the definition of religion.
>>
>>1394771

It's actually a shame it came to this. I'm pretty sure their Founding Fathers would be horrified with the people that worship them the most.
>>
>>1394780

We Bioshock Infinite now lads
>>
>>1394768

No, but the worship of American soldiers as all heroes and the whole "THANK YOU FOR YOUR SERVICE" no matter if you were a combat veteran or a POG deployed to god-awful Hawaii is ridiculous.
>>
>>1394771
I can picture you as a che guevara tshirt wearing numale faggot.
>>
>>1394780
Given the alternative, I'd say they'd think it a necessary evil.
>>
>>1394771
>which is basically the definition of religion.
Except it's fucking not even close to the actual definition of religion, it's just dogma, there is nothing religious about it at all unless people start saying shit like the Founding Fathers were Jesus' divine time-travelling apostles or something.
>>
>>1394799

>nu-male

Back to your containment board
>>
>>1394799

Interesting point.
>>
>>1394802

What's the alternative?
>>
>>1394768
Nah, it's just very efficient nationalistic state propaganda.
>>
>>1394813
ISLAMIG GOMMUNISM!!
>>
File: 1467385793837.gif (114 KB, 375x443) Image search: [Google]
1467385793837.gif
114 KB, 375x443
Literally? No. Their praise is not exceptional to many things people overfocus on. Them being a bunch of businessmen trying to get more freedom and money only makes me like them more.
>>
>>1394780
Only Washington would be sad, since he didn't have a kid to make sure there wouldn't be a dynasty. The others wouldn't care.
>>
>>1394780
>It's actually a shame it came to this. I'm pretty sure their Founding Fathers would be horrified with the people that worship them the most

I'm pretty sure they'd be more horrified that there would be suffrage beyond white male landowners, that sodomy and blasphemy and aren't punishable by law, and that America has relations to the outside world outside of trade relations.
>>
>>1394842

>sodomy

Yes, it's possible they might be surprised and upset by that.

>blasphemy

You must be joking, most of them would probably be horrified if there were blasphemy laws.

>America has relations to the outside world outside of trade relations.

America's military adventurism was one of the things I was referring to though.
>>
>>1394768
Yes in Texas.
>>
>>1394851
>Yes, it's possible they might be surprised and upset by that.

I don't think Hamilton would give a shit. The rest might be more resistant to the idea though.
>>
>>1395143

I'm pretty sure that Jefferson made his slave girls suck him off and did them in the bottom when he felt like it.
>>
File: 1462076351369.jpg (398 KB, 1072x881) Image search: [Google]
1462076351369.jpg
398 KB, 1072x881
It's a dying out strain of the larger religion of progressivism which is the de facto state religion of the USA.
>>
>>1394768
No.

>>1394771
That's a exaggerated stereotype. You should stop playing bioshock some much.
>>
>>1395295
>No.

That doesn't seem to be a very detailed response.
>>
Perhaps the same could be said of all ideologies.
>>
>>1394768
There is an Americanist religion in the post-apocalyptic After the End mod for Crusader Kings 2 which involves just such a concept.
>>
>>1394768
No, just extreme nationalism with a hint of "muh christian nation" or "muh deism" depending on who you ask.
>>
Yeah, Lincoln was big on the idea of the 'civic religion' and the early Republicans pushed it after him.
>>
>>1394798
That weirds me out to no end, definitely crosses a line from respect to blind hero-worship.
>>
>>1394768
I'd call it reverence more than religion. People who overly focus on the Founding Fathers as infallible are weird, but saying Americans are too dogmatic about their freedoms or their constitution is missing the point: it's the ideology the US was built on. European and other countries equally have their own fundamental belief systems that are doggedly stuck to, but it's not as obviously the case because it's the system you're used to and that you take for granted.

>>1397091
The soldiers thing is weird, but as far as I can tell it's a cultural necessity born out of the reality that if you're going to have the strongest military in history, you better make damn sure the whole of the country has the military's back or they will at best not serve or at worst rebel.
>>
>>1394799
>nu male
I'm now imagining a hipster with a v-fin and FIN FUNNERU.
>>
File: Reality Check.jpg (281 KB, 958x451) Image search: [Google]
Reality Check.jpg
281 KB, 958x451
>>1394768
Yes.

The Triune of George Washington, Abraham Lincoln and Black Martin Luther
Jove-Baphomet Statue of the founder for example

US&A is by nature deistic, found upon liberal dogma

There is a chance which must take place and the Soviet people will be in the centre of it

The liberation - It's imminent
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.