[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anthropologists of /his/, riddle me this: Are differences in
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2
File: 1466537883579.jpg (38 KB, 500x462) Image search: [Google]
1466537883579.jpg
38 KB, 500x462
Anthropologists of /his/, riddle me this: Are differences in body hair between populations more a product of environmental pressures or more a product of sexual selection. I've heard it said that Amerindians have less body hair to dissipate heat, but if body hair is meant to keep us warm, why do men of the harrier races grow so much more of it?

If it is mainly sexual selection, as I suspect, then what do you think made the women of some peoples choose harryen while the women of other peoples chose smooth men?
>>
Women didn't choose hairy men those cultures just enslaved and used women like chattel
>>
>>1391221
Almost all cultures did. In fact, I can't think of one that didn't.
>>
>>1391221
>>1391226

That's very interesting. I would not have thought of that. I guess that's why I'm the geneticist and you're the anthropologists!

So are you suggesting that many, or Eve most male secondary sexual characteristics such as musculature, broad shoulders, and height might actually be adaptations to dominate women?
>>
>>1391280
That's an interesting theory, but probably adapted due to their benefits in combat versus other males
>>
File: harriers.jpg (97 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
harriers.jpg
97 KB, 1024x768
>harrier races
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.