[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
why is Melvyn Bragg such an asshole?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: cover170x170.jpg (9 KB, 170x170) Image search: [Google]
cover170x170.jpg
9 KB, 170x170
why is Melvyn Bragg such an asshole?
>>
You shut your whore mouth
>>
>>1390849

Melvyn Bragg is a great presenter, he's smart and well-read and he always gives his guests ample opportunity to explain their ideas.
>>
>>1390858
>>1390870
If you're not going to agree with me then just fuck off from my thread.
>>
>>1390870
this

>>1390962
now fuck off
>>
he constantly interrupts his guests. In the last episode, one guest was talking about bronze and said "and there are other things which I'm sure we'll get to" and Bragg just shat on him like "well we have our own schedule here"

then someone else was talking about the Bronze age and said something about the 11th and 12th centuries and Bragg had to cut in with "BC?", as if this needed clarification

He just doesn't seem to have the best sense of time management
>>
>>1391001
I heard this too. He is a very intelligent man, and I think that this perhaps contributes to a sense of entitled arrogance.
>>
>>1390849
because we have to move on as we are running short on time
>>
>>1390849
>OP runs an episode about Spanish unification
>Doesn't hurry people, giving them ample time to talk
>Run out of time, doesn't even get to Spain, instead getting stuck in Andalusia
>Half the guests haven't even talked

This is why you don't run an incredibly popular podcast.
>>
>>1392436
This.

Don't forget it's a radio show. He's not hurrying people because he's impatient.
>>
>>1390849
>host a talk show on extremely complex subjects
>less than an hour long

desu this is a problem with most radio/tv shows.
>>
I'd still let him do unthinkable things to me, before listening to Hardcore Histories
>>
>>1391001
It's not a question of time management, it's just that 45 minutes literally isn't enough time go over these subjects in detail.

It used to be just half an hour.
>>
One thing I will say about Melvyn is he has an odd sense of humour. Not that it's very subtle or absurdist, he just bursts out laughing at things that really aren't humorous.
>>
It's just not worthwhile. they invite experts to pretty much skim a wikipedia page for 45 minutes.

They should've gone for a tiny bit more high brow premise. For example, we all pretty much have a guess of how adam smith's wealth of nations went. We don't care what he was like at school. Go over that shit for the first 3 minutes and then get the experts to talk about how his ideas shaped history or what people back then thought, or secondary effects like that
>>
The oddly angry and confrontational episode about the Industrial Revolution is probably one of the best ones they've ever done - he and one of the presenters seem to be on the verge of getting into a shouting match at some points
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.