[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So I know the left symbol is the celtic cross, but what is the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3
File: 23123.jpg (16 KB, 419x228) Image search: [Google]
23123.jpg
16 KB, 419x228
So I know the left symbol is the celtic cross, but what is the right symbol?
I regularly see it in pagan-related content, yet I can never find a meaning to it.
Is it simply a stylized celtic cross?
Something else entirely?
>>
gnostic
>>
sometimes called a sun wheel not sure on the originl artifact though migration era Germanic for sure thougb
>>
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sun_cross
>>
That's the 'O' from the Diablo font.
>>
Astronomical symbol of Earth
>>
>>1390306
Gnosticism. A esoteric religion that were wiped out by Christians coz its followers seem like them but are not actually them
>>
Shimazu clan mon.
Also Storm Front.
>>
its either gnostic cross, or sign for Earth.

pic related, old Hunarian "f" letter (Föld = Earth).
>>
>>1390309
>>1390316
>>1390317
>>1390398
All of these are correct.
It's multivalent depending on context.
While you see it in pagan and "Gnostic" contexts. These days, since the Golden Dawn and Crowley, it's most used in practice as >>1390398

Relatively few modern revivals of Gnosticism actually use the symbol, and have either resorted to synchretism or reviving the symbol sets of specific traditions inside "Gnosticism" writ large.
>>
>>1390306
Celtic Cross is an amalgamation of Cross symbolizing christianity and of the circle symbolizing the sun and the solar warrior religion of the celts.

The pagan symbol is merely a solar wheel.
>>
>>1390306
it's a gnostic cross
>>
>>1390567
None of the popular atheists know Scripture well enouh to settle debates; neither do I follow the popular nor do your deluded retarded memes apply to me. My post was antitheist. I somewhat doubt your kind can learn new proper words.
>>
File: 1463679132384.jpg (27 KB, 205x246) Image search: [Google]
1463679132384.jpg
27 KB, 205x246
>>1390306
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sun_cross
>>
File: Malkuth_symb.jpg (31 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
Malkuth_symb.jpg
31 KB, 200x200
>>1390306
the solar wheel predate gnosticism by centuries, don't be memed. it's primarily a dynamic swastika representing equinoxes/solstices/seasons common to agricultural "pagan" (pre-abrahamic) religion the world over. in the celtic cross, this natural timekeeping aspect of the equinox/harvest cycles is infused with christian symbolism which you're doubtlessly familiar. the eastern use of solar wheels evolved to the modern swastika and dharmachakra.

it's also designated as the sign of the earth/ "malkuth" in philosemitic esoterics, of which alchemy and gnosticism derive, but certainly secondary to the original archaeological evidence of its uses as a solar calendar.
>>
>>1390306
It's a scope
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.